Just now, Condensation said:

"I don't think Eryn would like it. Can we save her for last? And do... Drae?"

Kelsier smiled. “I think Drae needs some time to himself right now. He’s working a few things out. And you’re probably right about Ganache.”

He fiddled with a piece of metal as he walked. The natural silver-grey tint to his hair grew more pronounced as he walked and the skin beneath the scars more translucent. Had anyone been able to see behind his dark glasses, they would have noticed the laugh lines growing more pronounced. The difference between a man in his early thirties and one nearing fifty.

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smiled. “I think Drae needs some time to himself right now. He’s working a few things out. And you’re probably right about Ganache.”

He fiddled with a piece of metal as he walked. The natural silver-grey tint to his hair grew more pronounced as he walked and the skin beneath the scars more translucent. Had anyone been able to see behind his dark glasses, they would have noticed the laugh lines growing more pronounced. The difference between a man in his early thirties and one nearing fifty.

"Then Adilie and Marie?"

56 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier nodded, smiling. “Sure. I needed to give Marie something anyway. Try and slip her a chocolate while we talk.”

@AonEne @mathiau

Adilie too is sleeping in the inn, though she doesn't need it as much is Ladashwy

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier nodded, smiling. “Sure. I needed to give Marie something anyway. Try and slip her a chocolate while we talk.”

"Okay!" Zola held out her hand for a chocolate to put in Marie's pocket. Or hood, if she was wearing one. She thought that'd be funny.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, Condensation said:

"Okay!" Zola held out her hand for a chocolate to put in Marie's pocket. Or hood, if she was wearing one. She thought that'd be funny.

This is going to go horribly. I can't wait. Kell, please don't warn her, let her be startled/confused/distrusting, I wanna write this :P

Saze does not weigh in on the Snapping thing for Godly Reasons and definitely not because he got distracted emailing Hoid asking who the heck he was

On 4/2/2021 at 4:39 PM, Condensation said:

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

Where IS Marie? They kind of need to find her...

Kelsier smiled gently, handing Zola a neatly wrapped cone. “Chocolate spike work?”

On 4/5/2021 at 6:50 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smiled gently, handing Zola a neatly wrapped cone. “Chocolate spike work?”

Zola beamed. "That's funny!"

On 4/5/2021 at 9:01 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier burned bronze, seeking the unique sound of hemalurgic affects. It was faint, too faint for all but the most powerful and practiced. Fortunately for the Survivor, he was both.

He stretched out a hand to Zola as he located Marie. “This way.”

Zola grabbed Kell's hand.

She has agreed, Harmony said softly, and Marie let out a disappointed breath. Well. Still a better outcome.

"Fine," she muttered, lying back against the roof. Guess it's time to get up and head back, then. She knew this, and yet the idea of climbing to her feet felt...not insurmountable; but unsatisfactory. Would this go anywhere? There was that, and - and just, the action was tiring. She did it anyway, halfway missing being only a passenger. With Him you knew what you had to do next and you did it. You felt what you felt and didn't do stupid things like balk at standing up, for the Lord Ruler's sake. It was simple.

No larger problems like feeling tired all the time. And - ugh. Rust it all.

She shook off these thoughts and patted herself down quickly. All her weapons in place, metalminds not loose. She ought to sleep sometime soon, unfortunately, but that could all be for later. Now she'd go and offer herself up to the chains.

A throb of sensations came in from the side, and she identified the outlined figures with their respective pulses as the Survivor and the younger girl. He surely wasn't going to try to sway her back to him? Or was he here to offer up more ingratiating whispers, twined around the idea of an Aspen he could befriend? She watched them narrowly, spikeheads shining, and waited for them to make their move.

@Condensation @Kingsdaughter613

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

She has agreed, Harmony said softly, and Marie let out a disappointed breath. Well. Still a better outcome.

"Fine," she muttered, lying back against the roof. Guess it's time to get up and head back, then. She knew this, and yet the idea of climbing to her feet felt...not insurmountable; but unsatisfactory. Would this go anywhere? There was that, and - and just, the action was tiring. She did it anyway, halfway missing being only a passenger. With Him you knew what you had to do next and you did it. You felt what you felt and didn't do stupid things like balk at standing up, for the Lord Ruler's sake. It was simple.

No larger problems like feeling tired all the time. And - ugh. Rust it all.

She shook off these thoughts and patted herself down quickly. All her weapons in place, metalminds not loose. She ought to sleep sometime soon, unfortunately, but that could all be for later. Now she'd go and offer herself up to the chains.

A throb of sensations came in from the side, and she identified the outlined figures with their respective pulses as the Survivor and the younger girl. He surely wasn't going to try to sway her back to him? Or was he here to offer up more ingratiating whispers, twined around the idea of an Aspen he could befriend? She watched them narrowly, spikeheads shining, and waited for them to make their move.

@Condensation @Kingsdaughter613

Kelsier smiled warmly at Aspen. “I hear you’ve made your choice. Maybe not the one I wanted, but I’m glad all the same.

“You may want to reach out to my brother some time, by the way,” he added. “Marsh was worried about you; it’s why I was even here.”

He gently placed Zola down, surreptitiously handing her the chocolate spike. “She wanted to say hi, too.”

@Condensation

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smiled warmly at Aspen. “I hear you’ve made your choice. Maybe not the one I wanted, but I’m glad all the same.

“You may want to reach out to my brother some time, by the way,” he added. “Marsh was worried about you; it’s why I was even here.”

He gently placed Zola down, surreptitiously handing her the chocolate spike. “She wanted to say hi, too.”

@Condensation

Stealing from Star's headcanons, Marsh has cats and Marie has threatened them many times. She's also a dog person. (She likes [would like, anyway, if she spent any time around them - and she wouldn't admit it to herself right now anyway] their unconditional love, plus their utter inability to sneak up on you and how snuggly they are.) 

Hopefully this doesn't derail Kell and Zola too badly into an argument about Marsh, but she wouldn't have let that remark go. I do agree personally that while he doesn't like her, he also doesn't hate her; and he'd definitely be worried about her, because that's Marsh. He knows better than most what her headspace is like. 

She nodded carefully at his first line, then laughed outright at his second. "Your dearest older brother hates me. I stand for everything he despises: well-off in the empire, then a symbol of our first Lord's wonder and justice, and last, the path he did not take when presented with our second God." Marie straightened, smiling widely at the two, bold and almost too bright. "I accepted his light as a precursor to the beautiful darkness. He struggled vainly to hold onto something that could never compare to Ruin." 

She cast a glance at the child, but didn't pay her much attention. What could a Tineye skaa do? 

17 minutes ago, AonEne said:

She nodded carefully at his first line, then laughed outright at his second. "Your dearest older brother hates me. I stand for everything he despises: well-off in the empire, then a symbol of our first Lord's wonder and justice, and last, the path he did not take when presented with our second God." Marie straightened, smiling widely at the two, bold and almost too bright. "I accepted his light as a precursor to the beautiful darkness. He struggled vainly to hold onto something that could never compare to Ruin." 

She cast a glance at the child, but didn't pay her much attention. What could a Tineye skaa do? 

Canon defies your headcannon unfortunately. Per Brandon Kell is the cat person. Marsh likes dogs. Yes, someone actually asked this. Sorry!

Badger (paraphrased)

Does Marsh like cats?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He's more of a dog person (but fairly neutral towards cats). Kelsier is a cat person. Brandon himself is a cat person (he has a cat).

Kelsier smiled sadly. “You don’t understand my brother at all, do you? He’s a good man, unlike me. He sees you as a victim: first to Ruin, then Harmony. He was the one who objected to Sazed’s control of you long before I became aware of it.

”He knows you don’t like him though, so he sent me.”

4 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smiled sadly. “You don’t understand my brother at all, do you? He’s a good man, unlike me. He sees you as a victim: first to Ruin, then Harmony. He was the one who objected to Sazed’s control of you long before I became aware of it.

”He knows you don’t like him though, so he sent me.”

Since when do hcs need canon? :P I doubt Star cares tbh. I'll post after giving Connie time. 

45 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I was under the impression that canon trumps headcanon. I generally only consider my headcanons valid until canon disproves it. That could just be me though.

Either way, if it comes up Kell is going to note Marsh only has cats because he keeps dumping them on his brother.

Marsh: Why do you keep giving me cats Kell? I don’t like cats.

Marsh: They’re vicious, arrogant creatures who do what they want and never listen.

Marsh: It’s like having a dozen miniature versions of you! (Marsh has a bunch of cats in the background of his house.)

(Later)

Kelsier: (blankly) I don’t like dogs, Marsh.

Marsh: She’s quiet, thoughtful, well trained, and will jump to your defense.

Marsh: You got me those lovely animal versions of you, and I thought you deserved to have one of me.

Kelsier (looks doubtfully at dog. Dog looks doubtfully back.): This is revenge, isn’t it?

Marsh: Damn straight.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

9 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I was under the impression that canon trumps headcanon. I generally only consider my headcanons valid until canon disproves it. That could just be me though.

Either way, if it comes up Kell is going to note Marsh only has cats because he keeps dumping them on his brother.

Personally I go with "true until I find better" for every belief or information, and canon is kind of better than headcanon

23 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Zola waved and took the spike.

20 hours ago, AonEne said:

She ran over and hugged Marie, slipping the spike into a pocket.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:11 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier smiled sadly. “You don’t understand my brother at all, do you? He’s a good man, unlike me. He sees you as a victim: first to Ruin, then Harmony. He was the one who objected to Sazed’s control of you long before I became aware of it. He knows you don’t like him though, so he sent me.”

On 4/9/2021 at 10:32 PM, Condensation said:

Zola waved and took the spike. She ran over and hugged Marie, slipping the spike into a pocket.

Marie made a faint scoffing noise. A victim. Bah. The traitor had said as much to her himself a few times over the years, mixed among pleas for her to please stop worshiping Ruin and be a tame Inquisitor. She could remember the hated spark of pity in his voice as well as the order of the seasons.

But before she could reply to Kelsier, the girl attacked. Marie was so surprised (stupid of her, but she really hadn't expected the Survivor to use the child in such a late play) that Zola was able to get her in a hold, and dropped something in her hood. 

The hold was fairly bad; she suspected the girl had planned it on her own, without guidance on where to position herself to take down a Steel Inquisitor - or anyone, really. It was just her two arms thrown around her midsection. Marie easily hooked Zola's wrists and broke the hold, stepping swiftly back while ducking under her own arms and maneuvering the small Tineye's hands up and over. In a second Marie held her attacker's wrists in front of her; she shot a glance at the Survivor and released the girl, then skittered another couple steps backward. She hadn't burned pewter, so Zola shouldn't have been badly hurt. 

Rusts, rusts, rust and rusting Ruin, it was a good thing Zola hadn't asked her caretakers for tips on fighting Marie, or she might have been able to pull out an eyespike and distract her long enough to get the linchpin too. Maybe the Survivor had intended for this to be practice for her? Simply sending the kid against an Inquisitor seemed like a rather harsh first lesson, but then he and that Mistborn of his had ventured into Kredik Shaw before he was a Fullborn or had the duralumin to take control. Marie shook her head involuntarily, thinking it. Still sounded like an idea likely to get you killed. 

She dropped a coin, but didn't Push off yet. As before, if he wanted her dead she would be, unless Harmony deigned to stop him. And she could fight off a Tineye any day. So was this a message? A humiliation? 

Never taking her eyespikes off either of the two, she fished in her hood for a moment for the dropped item. It felt like very thin paper wrapping something conical, but it had a slight line pointing to it. The weight wasn't right for it to be metal, though. 

10 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Marie made a faint scoffing noise. A victim. Bah. The traitor had said as much to her himself a few times over the years, mixed among pleas for her to please stop worshiping Ruin and be a tame Inquisitor. She could remember the hated spark of pity in his voice as well as the order of the seasons.

But before she could reply to Kelsier, the girl attacked. Marie was so surprised (stupid of her, but she really hadn't expected the Survivor to use the child in such a late play) that Zola was able to get her in a hold, and dropped something in her hood. 

The hold was fairly bad; she suspected the girl had planned it on her own, without guidance on where to position herself to take down a Steel Inquisitor - or anyone, really. It was just her two arms thrown around her midsection. Marie easily hooked Zola's wrists and broke the hold, stepping swiftly back while ducking under her own arms and maneuvering the small Tineye's hands up and over. In a second Marie held her attacker's wrists in front of her; she shot a glance at the Survivor and released the girl, then skittered another couple steps backward. She hadn't burned pewter, so Zola shouldn't have been badly hurt. 

Rusts, rusts, rust and rusting Ruin, it was a good thing Zola hadn't asked her caretakers for tips on fighting Marie, or she might have been able to pull out an eyespike and distract her long enough to get the linchpin too. Maybe the Survivor had intended for this to be practice for her? Simply sending the kid against an Inquisitor seemed like a rather harsh first lesson, but then he and that Mistborn of his had ventured into Kredik Shaw before he was a Fullborn or had the duralumin to take control. Marie shook her head involuntarily, thinking it. Still sounded like an idea likely to get you killed. 

She dropped a coin, but didn't Push off yet. As before, if he wanted her dead she would be, unless Harmony deigned to stop him. And she could fight off a Tineye any day. So was this a message? A humiliation? 

Never taking her eyespikes off either of the two, she fished in her hood for a moment for the dropped item. It felt like very thin paper wrapping something conical, but it had a slight line pointing to it. The weight wasn't right for it to be metal, though. 

Kelsier raised a brow. “I take it you haven’t had a hug in a while?”