2 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"Wouldn't that be very weird? One eyes with normal sight and one with steelsight?"

“Ja,” Eryn agreed. “I ask what is like but he laugh. Says hard to explain. Describe. Hard to describe.

Headcannon: Kelsier spent a month  after coming back falling on his face and dealing with splitting headaches until he learned to compensate. His friends were entirely too happy about the situation.

18 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn turned her glare on the newcomer. “Ett’s forbidden art. Though ‘Survivor’ would prefer you know.”

Drae returned the glare with a scowl and a good measure of silence.

9 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Adilie raised an eyebrow "I can swear non of us have said anything that any of the four religions I know on this world would call false"

"no, you haven't" Drae replied reluctantly, "I was just being dramatic." his scowl slipped of his face and was replaced with a cheeky smile. 

2 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Drae returned the glare with a scowl and a good measure of silence.

"no, you haven't" Drae replied reluctantly, "I was just being dramatic." his scowl slipped of his face and was replaced with a cheeky smile. 

I think he’d be rather bothered by the revelation that Kelsier has another name and a spike through his eye.

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I think he’d be rather bothered by the revelation that Kelsier has another name and a spike through his eye.

yes, I will  deal with that later because I sorta have to log off now. let's just say he's in shock for now and is not himself until I have time to write a longer paragraph. 

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

As a side note, do any of you think the mist is kind of like stormlight?

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Investiture#The_Nature_of_Investiture

They're the same thing, technically, just with different Shards and effects.

32 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"what in the survivor's name are you guys hereticing about"

aslksjlkdsnalcklda:cjkdsjf;;;cdskv,v HERETICING

I feel like I'm caricaturing Marie slightly but can't decide in which direction yet, so my apologies if the characterization is off.

18 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"Wouldn't that feel very weird? One eyes with normal sight and one with steelsight?"

Yes, Marie thought, not speaking. Steelsight was one thing, only having half of it was another.

Her own sight flicked around the room, gauging reactions. These people, with all their different religions and cultures and silly beliefs. They wouldn't have to worry about such revelations if they only paid heed to one god at a time.

She scowled at the assassin lying on the floor: she didn't mind being used as a threat, but only if she actually got something out of it. Being held as a gun to someone's head was palatable enough...if she was then allowed to go off already. "What are you going to do with him?"

6 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Yes, Marie thought, not speaking. Steelsight was one thing, only having half of it was another.

Her own sight flicked around the room, gauging reactions. These people, with all their different religions and cultures and silly beliefs. They wouldn't have to worry about such revelations if they only paid heed to one god at a time.

She scowled at the assassin lying on the floor: she didn't mind being used as a threat, but only if she actually got something out of it. Being held as a gun to someone's head was palatable enough...if she was then allowed to go off already. "What are you going to do with him?"

“When he answers all I will take the spike and arrange to send to Sovereign. Unless you want kill him first. Then I will take spike when you are done.”

3 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“When he answers all I will take the spike and arrange to send to Sovereign. Unless you want kill him first. Then I will take spike when you are done.”

"Would it be okay if I went with you? I want to learn more about this third metallic art!"

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

"I'll go, so long as I get to keep an eye on this...inquisitor." He looks at the lady, death, and she was controlled by a god who was surely distracted a lot. "It would also be interesting to meet the man about half the population worship."

Spoiler

First of all, Ash tends to have a protective streak, that's going to be his motive for a while. Second of all, so we know the rough percentages of the different religions?

4 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Who put a rusting spike in Survivor's rusting eye?" He laughed, his forehead creasing and his tired eyes lighting up "And why, might I ask, did he not tell his church about this." Drae's face lit up like a tomato from the sheer absurdity it all. Someone had gone and spiked his God. SomEoNe HaD SpiKeD hiS gOd. He leaned on his quarterstaff as he regained his composure then pointed an accusatory finger at Eryn "and you've met him. right?" he asked weakly. 

25 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Would it be okay if I went with you? I want to learn more about this third metallic art!"

"um, I would like to come too. It seems my God has been ripping me off, Ett's forbidden art and all; maybe you could tell me more about this 'Soverign' dude whom I apparently worship." Drae said "uh, My names Drae by the way." He dropped his arm weakly, groaning slightly and reaching out to take a swig of an abandoned drink that had somehow survived the fight. 

10 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

"Who put a rusting spike in Survivor's rusting eye?" He laughed, his forehead creasing and his tired eyes lighting up "And why, might I ask, did he not tell his church about this." Drae's face lit up like a tomato from the sheer absurdity it all. Someone had gone and spiked his God. SomEoNe HaD SpiKeD hiS gOd. He leaned on his quarterstaff as he regained his composure then pointed an accusatory finger at Eryn "and you've met him. right?" he asked weakly. 

"um, I would like to come too. It seems my God has been ripping me off, Ett's forbidden art and all; maybe you could tell me more about this 'Soverign' dude whom I apparently worship." Drae said "uh, My names Drae by the way." He dropped his arm weakly, groaning slightly and reaching out to take a swig of an abandoned drink that had somehow survived the fight. 

"Are you okay? You look like you are going to pass out."

28 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Are you okay? You look like you are going to pass out."

Drae stood up a little straighter and look at the girl who was addressing her "no, I don't think I am" he replied, breathing through his nose in a half-hearted chuckle. "I just met someone who knew the man I worship, and she just declared that he was walking around with a spike in his eye" Then he downed the rest of the beer and his vision went blurry. Drae swayed on his feet, his quarterstaff was the only thing keeping him from collapsing into a useless heap on the ground. "I think I need to sit down" Drae said wearily. 

Edited by Lecky Twig

Alleine took another deep breath, feeling the grain of the wood beneath her fingers as she leaned against the outside of the tavern. She'd seen another woman enter, and she continued to hear voices from within.

Someone must have survived, she thought. Slowly, curiosity began to filter in through her fear, and she peered through the tavern's grimy window. 

A group of people stood around talking to one another, that "Inquisitor" among them. 

It must be some sort of trick. According to the legends, those creatures were practically death incarnate. If everyone in there was still alive, then it must just be someone impersonating  an Inquisitor. Alleine felt herself blushing, cursing herself for a fool as she recalled crawling across the tavern floor. She stood up straight, brushed off her skirt, and set her jaw before opening the door again. 

By some miracle, the glass of gin she'd ordered still sat on the bartop.

"... think I need to sit down."

Alleine looked at the source of the voice. It was that Soother fellow, the one who had stolen her drink. She pressed her lips into a line and moved back towards his table, keeping a wary eye on the others. That woman did look like a convincing Inquisitor. How had she made those spikes look so real?

"What kind of 'meeting' is this?" She hissed at the Soother, hooking the tip of one finger into his glass and sliding back towards her before taking a drink. "This tavern looks like some kind of traveling circus."

@Lecky Twig

3 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"What kind of 'meeting' is this?" She hissed at the Soother, hooking the tip of one finger into his glass and sliding back towards her before taking a drink. "This tavern looks like some kind of traveling circus."

Drae stared at the glass as it slided out of his hand "aww" he said "that was good gin" He looked up and grinned at the lady who had crawled out of the tavern previously. "I think you made a mistake coming back" he hissed back, then he briefly summed up all he had learnt while eavesdropping outside the window and everything that happened after he entered the room. "I hope your not a Survivorist, lest you end up in the state I'm in right now" Draw said woozily, reaching out for the gin. Then he leaned closer to her and said "I honestly have no idea what's going on right now, but most of these people have talked to one god or another." He shifted his gaze over to the inquisitor, then back towards the Lady; he'd have to get a name off her, he thought idly to himself.

"These people aren't the kind the likes of us want to be around" Drae said gesturing pointedly around the ruined room "But," Drae continued lowering his voice to a whisper and tugging nervously on his beard "I believe I just offered to go traveling with some of them, though not in a circus. And do you know what the worst thing about it is?" He asked, his eyes tightening "There doesn't appear to be a single rusting gold coin in the deal." 

Drae settled back in his seat sightly, feeling a little better after speaking through all the revelations. He rested his quarterstaff against the bar before bending over it to pour himself a beer from the tap. "So," he said, after casually propping himself back upright "May I learn your name, Miss crawler? I'm Drae, by the way"

@ZincAboutIt

also, does Drae know the names of everyone else in the room? were you guys speaking out loud during introductions? I forgot. 

9 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

9 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

“If you wish travel with me you may,” Eryn said calmly, oddly bemused at the reactions, “so long as my master does not instruct me no. I am no master of the third art, but I can teach what I know. As for the Sovereign...”

She looked thoughtfully at the overly excited man. “My master work to protect us and this world. I do not know from where comes his metal eye. He does not seem mind. Would take out otherwise, ja?”

I think the percentages are more like 70% Survivorist, 20%Pathian, 8% Sliverist, 2% other.

The situation seems to have changed some since I fell asleep, lol!

Just to note: Eryn knows the theory of hemalurgy, not how to do it. She doesn’t know the bindpoints or anything. She was bluffing with the spike; she doesn’t even know what metal it is, lol.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

5 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

“If you wish travel with me you may,” Eryn said calmly, oddly bemused at the reactions, “so long as my master does not instruct me no. I am no master of the third art, but I can teach what I know. As for the Sovereign...”

She looked thoughtfully at the overly excited man. “My master work to protect us and this world. I do not know from where comes his metal eye. He does not seem mind. Would take out otherwise, ja?”

I forgot to mention that the spike is pewter. Assassin guy wanted to be a steel-runner.

Ladashwy beamed. "Thank you so much! When do we leave?"

Adilie rolled her eyes as she heard everyone wanted to learn hemalurgy "Before you ask about learning how to steal people souls, you might wanna know that side effects include 'beeing mind controlled by emotional allomancers'"

She turned toward Marie "I'm honestly surprised you didn't hit that assassin, I purposelessly only implied he wouldn't get hit if he spoke"

7 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Adilie rolled her eyes as she heard everyone wanted to learn hemalurgy "Before you ask about learning how to steal people souls, you might wanna know that side effects include 'beeing mind controlled by emotional allomancers'"

She turned toward Marie "I'm honestly surprised you didn't hit that assassin, I purposelessly only implied he wouldn't get hit if he spoke"

Ladashwy rolled her eyes. "I never said I wanted to USE it! Knowing about something and doing it are two totally different things." She quickly jotted down the fact that you could be controlled by emotional allomancers. "A lot of people know how to kill, but they don't go around stabbing or shooting people! Why is this any different?"

Edited by Random Bystander

12 minutes ago, mathiau said:

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy rolled her eyes. "I never said I wanted to USE it! Knowing about something and doing it are two totally different things." She quickly jotted down the fact that you could be controlled by emotional allomancers. A lot of people know how to kill, but they don't go around stabbing or shooting people! Why is this any different?"

Eryn smiled at Ett’s servant. “Knowledge is good, ja? Even knowing NOT to use. Knowledge should be, not hidden.” She nodded approvingly at the one writing. “This one understand. To know is good. Always more secrets, ja?”

”Beside, even Ett needs two for faceless ones and three for men. Pity he who tries control Sovereign. They die quick.”

Marie was the one who defeated the assassin. She impaled him with metal.

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Eryn smiled at Ett’s servant. “Knowledge is good, ja? Even knowing NOT to use. Knowledge should be, not hidden.” She nodded approvingly at the one writing. “This one understand. To know is good. Always more secrets, ja?”

”Beside, even Ett needs two for faceless ones and three for men. Pity he who tries control Sovereign. They die quick.”

"Exactly! I am glad we are in agreement on this."

13 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Ladashwy rolled her eyes. "I never said I wanted to USE it! Knowing about something and doing it are two totally different things." She quickly jotted down the fact that you could be controlled by emotional allomancers. A lot of people know how to kill, but they don't go around stabbing or shooting people! Why is this any different?"

"You learn to kill in case you someday need it to protect yourself or someone else. What use is there to learning Hemalurgy if you don't use it?"

7 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I'm pretty sure the "three boons" Wax's father talked about is only true with Trellium spikes, do we have a wob?

4 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"You learn to kill in case you someday need it to protect yourself or someone else. What use is there to learning Hemalurgy if you don't use it?"

"You are obviously not a scholar of any kind. You learn stuff to better understand the world. It is an extremely simple concept. Rust and Ruin! Have you never been curious about something?"

21 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I’m pretty sure it’s just three spikes period. He can control any Kandra with two. At no point is Trellium specified. We don’t even know that all the Set’s spikes were Trellium.

And it was Wax’s uncle, not his father.

14 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"You are obviously not a scholar of any kind. You learn stuff to better understand the world. It is an extremely simple concept. Rust and Ruin! Have you never been curious about something?"

Eryn nodded. “Sovereign likes knowing secrets. Knowing gives power. Knowing what spikes do, what mean, that is power, ja? Like how I defeat her,” she nodded at the Inquisitor. “I know third art and I know weakness. Gives ‘edge’.

”And takes mystery. Mystery frightening. No secret, no fear. Hide something, becomes scary. Frightening. Forbidden. When faced with people scared. Like here. All see Inquisitor, all run.

”But I know what she is. Not scared. No fear. I do not run. No reason to. Not so scary when know how things are.”

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"I have, but not about tearing the rusting souls of people apart."

In real life I'm a scholar and I am all for seemingly useless, like that time someone managed to uncook eggs, but not when it require killing people.

Of course there is a non-lethal version of hemalurgy which changes everything, but non of our character know about it. (It still deal damages to the soul but it can be healed by gold compounding)

11 minutes ago, mathiau said:

"I have, but not about tearing the rusting souls of people apart."

As my character pointed out, her knowledge of hemalurgy allowed her to coral a rogue inquisitor. Knowledge is power. There are other reasons for knowing the theory of certain things. 

Eryn doesn’t really know how to do hemalurgy. But she knows the theory, the major weaknesses of the more common hemalurgic creations, and the more common bindpoints. She knows enough to recognize it when she sees it, and not be afraid. But she also knows enough to know that it’s not something you play around with.