Can any other Shards pull off Ruin's trick?

Necessary Eagle

warning: I've put what I can in spoiler tags, but there's unavoidable Dawnshard theorizing. enter at your own risk.

I've been trying to figure out what changing text has to do with the power of Ruin, specifically. I'm mean, it's a great plot twist, it's just that it's been bugging me that it's not particularly Ruinous. And that only thing that comes to mind is that Ruin = Change and Preservation = Stasis. Which would imply one of two things:

1. Ruin can change words because change is his shtick. Or rather [Dawnshard spoilers]

Spoiler

Change is his shtick.

Which would imply that insert-your-grouping-here can do the same thing-- my money's on Cultivation, Invention, and Ambition, personally. But in any case, there's other gods that can cause typos in your forum posts.

2. Preservation can't change words because stasis is his shtick.

So everyone but Preservation can mess with your books, or maybe everyone but [Dawnshard]

Spoiler

Preservation's quadrant.

Again, that leaves a lot of Shards that can forge a check.

So do you think my logic is sound here? And if so, why have we never seen this dirty but incredibly useful trick elsewhere? Did it use to be there and then it got... removed?

Scadrial being made of Ruin made a big difference.

Questioner

Can Odium or any other [Shards] edit text like Ruin could? ...Or is that a special Ruin thing.  

Brandon Sanderson

This is possible for others as well. The trick about it is, [Ruin] saturated everything on Scadrial in a way that not all Shards saturate their planets.  

Questioner

Okay, what do you mean "saturate"?

Brandon Sanderson

Creating it, does that make sense? And so this was partially an aspect that everything on that planet, every atom was, y'know, had him in it... I mean he didn't create the atoms, let's say that, but yeah... The whole planet existence and particularly the people on it are [Ruin], attuned to [Ruin].

Shadows of Self London UK signing (Oct. 19, 2015)

Not every Shard can do it, Preservation likely couldn't because of his Intent making that kind of action hard for him.

Edited by Weltall