Stormlight God Metals

Father Tanner

I assume Rayzium (the investiture conducting metal the fuzed use) is the god metal of Rayze (Odium). I also assume that given how spren both come from shards and manifest in the physical realm as metal, this metal is the god metal of the associated shard the spren came from. If this is the case, could a mistborn burn a shardblade? If so, what would that do to the spren? 

I've looked through the Arcanum for a few minutes, and I found a couple things.  

Questioner

If a Mistborn were to burn a piece of a Shardblade, what would happen?

Brandon Sanderson

This would be hard to make happen, but it would be possible. A Shardblade is going to act as, basically, an alloy of the god metal of Honor and so  what would it do? RAFO, but it is possible and it would do something. It would not be inert. It would be Allomanticaly viable.

Footnote: This question was also addressed here.
Starsight Release Party (Nov. 26, 2019)

I followed the link to the other question:

word_thief

What would happen if a Mistborn ingested the metal of a Shardblade/Plate?

Brandon Sanderson

A Shardblade is Invested. A Mistborn isn't likely to have a tie to that type of Investiture. So probably nothing would happen…

General Twitter 2013 (Oct. 24, 2013)

And here is an answer.  Hope it helps!

12 hours ago, Father Tanner said:

I assume Rayzium (the investiture conducting metal the fuzed use) is the god metal of Rayze (Odium). I also assume that given how spren both come from shards and manifest in the physical realm as metal, this metal is the god metal of the associated shard the spren came from. If this is the case, could a mistborn burn a shardblade? If so, what would that do to the spren? 

Hey there, please no Rhythm of War content in the Cosmere Q&A board. Rhythm of War content must only be in the Rhythm of War boards. 

The shardblades and plate are all different alloys of Honour and Cultivation's god-metals, their compositions depends on the corresponding spren/order's alignment with Honour/Cultivation. For example, I would imagine that windrunner blade/plate is almost something like 90% Honour and 10% Cultivation, while Bondsmith might be 50/50? and Truthwatcher more like 20% Honour and 80% Cultivation. These are all just guesses but looking at the double eye image might help with determining the compositions. 

I imagine that if you got around the connection issues involved and don't think about the moral implications of ingesting a spren, all 10 alloys (and the 2 pure metals themselves) would give unique metallic effects.

40 minutes ago, gremlin303 said:

I imagine that if you got around the connection issues involved and don't think about the moral implications of ingesting a spren, all 10 alloys (and the 2 pure metals themselves) would give unique metallic effects.

One alloy per Surge that you can Bind while burning the metal? That seems plausible... Almost reminds me of the Fused, funnily enough.

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I'm honestly a little bummed that the conduit metal was raysium... I was hoping it would be nicrosil.

(I'm trying to collect evidence that there is something up with the Enhancement metals, because they seem way too cosmereogical than the others.)

You're not totally off-base, the "silver-nickel" alloy around the gemstone in the pommel might actually be Nicrosil.

"nickel-silver"

nicro-sil.

To an untrained observer, the name lends itself well to such a composition.

8 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

You're not totally off-base, the "silver-nickel" alloy around the gemstone in the pommel might actually be Nicrosil.

"nickel-silver"

nicro-sil.

To an untrained observer, the name lends itself well to such a composition.

Oooh. I missed that.

Real Nicrosil is nickel-chromium-silicon, but I suppose that chromium could be mistaken for silver fairly easily. I'll have to look at those knives again.

14 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Oooh. I missed that.

Real Nicrosil is nickel-chromium-silicon, but I suppose that chromium could be mistaken for silver fairly easily. I'll have to look at those knives again.

I believe the Nickel-silver bit came from translating the pages of Navani and Raboniel's notes on the dagger's composition and function.

On 12/26/2020 at 3:42 PM, gremlin303 said:

The shardblades and plate are all different alloys of Honour and Cultivation's god-metals, their compositions depends on the corresponding spren/order's alignment with Honour/Cultivation. For example, I would imagine that windrunner blade/plate is almost something like 90% Honour and 10% Cultivation, while Bondsmith might be 50/50? and Truthwatcher more like 20% Honour and 80% Cultivation. These are all just guesses but looking at the double eye image might help with determining the compositions. 

My assumption would be the Stormfather Bondsmith is 100% Honor, the Sibling Bondsmith is 50/50, and the Nightwatcher Bondsmith is 100% Cultivation.

8 minutes ago, Truthwatcher Artifabrian said:

My assumption would be the Stormfather Bondsmith is 100% Honor, the Sibling Bondsmith is 50/50, and the Nightwatcher Bondsmith is 100% Cultivation.

yeah but the godmetal for their plate would assumedly be the same, made of one specific spren (probably gloryspren). So it would sense that if any of the orders were in the middle it would be Bondsmiths

10 hours ago, gremlin303 said:

yeah but the godmetal for their plate would assumedly be the same, made of one specific spren (probably gloryspren). So it would sense that if any of the orders were in the middle it would be Bondsmiths

Good point.

10 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

I don't really associate gloryspren with Cultivation though. It works for Honor, but... Hmm.

They’re probably more of a perfect mix between the two, even though the concept of glory is not. Gloryspren probably embody a concept larger than glory, and were named that because people only saw that they were attracted to triumphance. Just like (dawnshard spoilers)

Spoiler

Luckspren don’t really have much to do with luck.

10 hours ago, Truthwatcher Artifabrian said:

Good point.

They’re probably more of a perfect mix between the two, even though the concept of glory is not. Gloryspren probably embody a concept larger than glory, and were named that because people only saw that they were attracted to triumphance. Just like (dawnshard spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Luckspren don’t really have much to do with luck.

Okay, yeah. Fair point. :)