Flex Your Christmas Gifts

Channelknight Fadran

21 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Those books were what really got me into reading, though. Those and Fablehaven. (My mom didn't let me finish Harry Potter until fifth grade, which is why they aren't really on the list.)

Same!!! Percy Jackson got me into reading! That’s why I love all their books so much! :)

I haven’t had a chance to open my stuff at home yet, but I’m hoping I get some Cosmere stuff there. I did get two shirts (a Harry Potter one and a band one) $20, hobbles (it's for horses. It's a length of leather with a buckle that you can wrap around a horse's front legs so they can’t go very far when you can’t tie them. It's great), and a wild rag (a silk scarf that cowboys use). From the other side I got another shirt, some money, and some hair ties.

Example of hobbles:

Spoiler

606AB641-F8C3-475C-A03C-34C032BCA425.jpeg.ef578313f71732040338fc7cae8671ef.jpeg

Edited by Ghanderflaffle

I won't post pictures, because my Chromebook's camera is The Worst, but I got a Middle-Earth blanket!  (I kept typing blankey, which is really just as accurate.  :P)  It has a map of Middle-Earth on it, it's super soft, I love it.  I also got a Tolkien calendar for 2021, and it has art from the Unfinished Tales!  By Alan Lee!  And Ted Nasmith!  !!!!!!!!!!  It's amazing!  I'm a nerd!

I didn't get any Sanderson related things because I didn't make my list until it was a little too risky to try and get anything shipped in time, (and I'm pretty sure my parents weren't sure where to get the Sando Merch,) but I did get some money, so I'm gonna buy Warbreaker or Elantris!  (I'm not sure which to get, because I don't have either of them, but I'm most willing to get the Elantris leatherbound, which I would need to save for... so maybe Warbreaker?)

And of course, books.  I really need a second bookshelf now...  One of my friends found me The Stolen Moon, which I've been wanting for a while, and I'm so greatful!

I got many, many, many books! Also over 50 new pairs of earrings(I really like earrings), lots of candy(in my stocking), and mini notebooks (because my other one's getting full).

The books I got: The Chemist, Ranger's Apprentice 6-9, Tiger's Dream, and KotLC 8.5 Unlocked. I think I might have gotten more, but I forget. Probably not. But yeah! Earrings, books, and candy!

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

Also over 50 new pairs of earrings(I really like earrings) 

Ooo, i got a pair of earrings too. (i like earring alot too, but my collection is seriously lacking). I got a pear of black pearls, they were sorta cheap but still really pretty :D

Most of the stuff I got this year were either clothes or gift cards, but I also got some books and a figurine that looks really cool.

Here's the Mandalorian figure that I got. I put it on top of my bookshelf and I love it so much :D

Spoiler

IMG-0911.thumb.jpg.904f2ce4f7045eb3e7c9e834d5fa13ff.jpg

I also got these books. Now commences the annual chore of trying to find a way to fit them on my bookshelf. 

Spoiler

IMG-0916.thumb.jpg.9f454c9a083683b19f543cb9d81eb7d8.jpg

Urg I really wanted that poco class starfighter retro shirt thing on Brandy Sandy’s online store :(

7 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Same!!! Percy Jackson got me into reading! That’s why I love all their books so much! :)

Hmm... I dislike them. I find them very predictable. 

2 hours ago, Starborn42 said:

Urg I really wanted that poco class starfighter retro shirt thing on Brandy Sandy’s online store 

Hmmm, Brady Sandy, I actually haven’t heard that one before. (Maybe I live under a rock)

9 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Percy Jackson got me into reading! That’s why I love all their books so much! :)

I’ve had a lot of peer pressure to read Percy Jackson. But they’ve just been chilling on my TBR because I’ve never has much incentive to read them.

11 hours ago, Starborn42 said:

Urg I really wanted that poco class starfighter retro shirt thing on Brandy Sandy’s online store :(

Hmm... I dislike them. I find them very predictable. 

Well, I was on second grade when I started reading them. 

15 hours ago, Condensation said:

Ranger's Apprentice 6-9,

Yes! Yes! Yes! 
Edit: I just finished Trials of Apollo book Five, amazing! It’s so good!   

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

19 hours ago, Condensation said:

I got many, many, many books! Also over 50 new pairs of earrings(I really like earrings), lots of candy(in my stocking), and mini notebooks (because my other one's getting full).

The books I got: The Chemist, Ranger's Apprentice 6-9, Tiger's Dream, and KotLC 8.5 Unlocked. I think I might have gotten more, but I forget. Probably not. But yeah! Earrings, books, and candy!

I got Ranger's Apprentice 7, Erak's Ransom!

On 12/25/2020 at 9:36 AM, Starborn42 said:

My mom gave me a pair of underpants.........

If it makes you feel better, one of my Christmas gifts I got before I just stopped getting gifts was an alarm clock, because my parents constantly complained how they had to wake me up. So my gift was to wake myself up, something I now do with a storming phone. (And to be clear, that clock is cheap and barely workable.)

@Channelknight Fadran Why did you make this? I'm just scrolling through everyone's gifts and getting sad. 

Edited by Aspiring Writer

17 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

If it makes you feel better, one of my Christmas gifts I got before I just stopped getting gifts was an alarm clock, because my parents constantly complained how they had to wake me up. So my gift was to wake myself up, something I now do with a storming phone. (And to be clear, that clock is cheap and barely workable.)

@Channelknight Fadran Why did you make this? I'm just scrolling through everyone's gifts and getting sad. 

Would you like a present from the One and Only Fadran?