Flex Your Christmas Gifts

Channelknight Fadran

5 minutes ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

I don't celebrate Christmas, but for Chanukah I got a Mistcloak and it arrived today!

That's cooler than what I got from my family for Channukah. Though I suppose RoW and the WoK kickststater qualify even if I bought them for myself!

3 hours ago, Aon-CHRISTMAS-Ene said:

My main gift this year was the TWOK Kickstarter, so...*flexes* I guess? :P

Yeah. . . My parents made me earn the money and pay them in advance before we could order it, so I am not getting it until April. . . Storming Lighteyes! ;)   
I asked for three things this year: a book, a book, and, you guessed it! A book. :)

I GOT A STORMING CAMP HALF-BLOOD T-SHIRT I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY ABOUT THIS.

My third grade self is screaming in nerdy joy.

I also got a map of Roshar, but I've been waiting for YEARS to get a Camp Half-Blood shirt, so I'm currently more excited about that.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a sword.

1 hour ago, Dannex said:

Guys 

my sister

she got me the best present ever

Reveal hidden contents

D5101CF1-3C2F-4810-B5A2-3DA8671C19DF.thumb.jpeg.b623c9d2aac3b00d52cd7082a8aa1553.jpeg

She wrapped a dryer sheet and tied a bow on it

I’m literally dying XD

I haven’t laughed this hard in months

This... This is a quality gift. I am very proud of your sister. (I am also laughing really hard right now, so thank you for sharing. :))

17 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

lock picking set, knight radiant hoodie and t-shirt and a custom cosmere shirt, watch, 40$, socks, candy, apple cider.

A lock picking set?! That's really awesome!

7 hours ago, Hentient said:

We’re her to show off right?! Well, *ahem* 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpg.01aeba2b3028757cbea3775320789308.jpg307F2292-A57A-4254-A5A4-F2A2F22561CD.thumb.jpeg.2fe90e3249cb4db5e857c454506ced00.jpeg2DA12582-788A-45A3-896D-9E9247433588.thumb.jpeg.a94bae5699847bbdb08b5f1d80c8dc7d.jpeg

I think I might quite literally be in shock. My friend @Gibletish54 got it for me!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That’s. . . Wow. That’s awesome. I’ll give ya rep when I have some.  
I got. . . 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.16eb4708dfb7b482fdf80313662a99e1.jpg

And I got a rug. Like, the softest rug that ever was! Ahhhhhh. It’s so soft. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.0a6e95e1c70263240b325a48bcfd70a9.jpg

I got some whittling tools like gouges and knives. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.98cd7ee2da221de8f1227a91c488f7f1.jpg

And I think that’s it. :) Thank you everyone! 
Wait. I have this video of my family this morning. . . 

Spoiler

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

I suppose I should do some actual flexing, not just my dryer sheet. :P

I got AirPods (no picture cuz I’m pretty sure we all know what AirPods look like)

A really cool marble puzzle thing

Spoiler

09C69A83-82DF-41F2-83FC-AD850ED55243.thumb.jpeg.f8dabba59a237fddbec31323c71f0dbf.jpeg
These things are so cool, you start out with a bunch of sheets of wood and somehow end up with something awesome. Here’s the one I got last year. 47BECCA9-BADA-4B92-9EEB-E359E6F5F49F.thumb.jpeg.4a9fa88d40d25af745c032fb31eea63d.jpeg
(cameo appearance of the Newton’s cradle I got in my stocking today :P)

A yard long Twix (not actually a single Twix)

Spoiler

A0E444BA-3A27-4492-9319-9099E30DA865.thumb.jpeg.efb0eb5e2b82bda0efcc36184d428e99.jpeg
Dollar for perspective. 

And then some various gift cards and clothes and stuff. 
Overall a pretty great year. :P
No cosmere stuff though :(
I know what I’m spending my gift cards on =P

Okay, we did family presents a few minutes ago. Here's a list from both stuff from this morning and then from family stuff.

I got two books (books two and three of the Riyria Revelations, which I really need to read now that I have the whole series), an Echo Dot, a nice jacket, some small skateboards I can teach Kaladin to ride on, a new rope bird perch that actually holds its shape when I bend it, the RoW sticker pack, and... best of all... a 2021 calendar called The Secret Life of Squirrels. Oh, and a Doomslug pin.

My parents have finally gotten over the "we shouldn't fuel the obsessions" thing, it appears. :) (Last year I just got a bookmark with a Sanderson quote on it because they didn't want to encourage this "obsession", and this year I got the poster, stickers, and the pin.)

Our dog kept attacking the Christmas tree, and it was really cute and funny. Then she fell asleep. And stayed asleep. For a long time. The little weirdo. (She's just a puppy, by the way.)

And I know I already mentioned it, but I got a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt! I'm still absolutely ecstatic about this, and I have been wearing it all day. If you think I'm going to be Annabeth for Halloween next year like I was in third grade (with my home-made shirt) then you are correct! I have kept the Yankees hat for this long just for this reason.

:D 

49 minutes ago, Tesh said:

And I know I already mentioned it, but I got a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt! I'm still absolutely ecstatic about this, and I have been wearing it all day. If you think I'm going to be Annabeth for Halloween next year like I was in third grade (with my home-made shirt) then you are correct! I have kept the Yankees hat for this long just for this reason.

That’s awesome! I wasn’t aware they made those, but it seems obvious they would. :P
Have you finished the last Trials of Apollo book, yet?

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

I got a BRIDGE 4 HOODIE!

SAME! I’m wearing it now!

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

My parents have finally gotten over the "we shouldn't fuel the obsessions" thing, it appears. :) (Last year I just got a bookmark with a Sanderson quote on it because they didn't want to encourage this "obsession", and this year I got the poster, stickers, and the pin.)

My parents are the same. . . I can only get one or two things at a time from Sanderson. . . 

25 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

Storms! I know it was meant as a question for them, but I got it for Christmas and it’s the first book I will read. :)

44 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

I don't like the new books, sorry. I read both the first Mangus Chase book and the first Trials of Apollo book, and they just could not compare to the original series. I like the second series as well, and I loved the Kane Chronicles when I read them in elementary school, but I was really disappointed by some of his new stuff.

I remember The Blood of Olympus was the first book whose release I was both aware of and eagerly anticipating. My school's librarian at the time was fantastic, and checked it out to me as soon as it came out.

Those books were what really got me into reading, though. Those and Fablehaven. (My mom didn't let me finish Harry Potter until fifth grade, which is why they aren't really on the list.)