"Survive" - a song based on Mistborn: Secret History

stormlyte

2 hours ago, stormlyte said:

Great job! I love it! Were you actually pronouncing his name as Kel-see-ay? Because it’s awesome if you were!

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Great job! I love it! Were you actually pronouncing his name as Kel-see-ay? Because it’s awesome if you were!

THANK YOU!! Yes indeed, I did my research (because I was curious about how people thought it should be pronounced) and saw that Brandon said it should be "Kel-see-ay" ....that's a hefty stamp of approval haha!

2 minutes ago, stormlyte said:

THANK YOU!! Yes indeed, I did my research (because I was curious about how people thought it should be pronounced) and saw that Brandon said it should be "Kel-see-ay" ....that's a hefty stamp of approval haha!

I had to train myself to use the in-world pronunciation. I always think it’s cool when other people use it. And I think it works better in the song too, as it allows the final syllable to be lengthened more naturally.

YES! I did too. I totally agree on all of your points! I jokingly sang "Kel-see-yer" one time just to see.....it was not pleasant.

I found that applying French-ish pronunciations (because I have absolutely no idea if they're remotely close) actually helped me enjoy the books more, go deeper, feel more familiar with the world. Pretty awesome. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

I've been listening to it non stop for the last two days.  It's really good(so if you get like 100 views that's most likely me)

Wow. That’s amazing. I have no words! If you didn’t see it in the description, you can download the MP3 or WAV if you’d like! Please do if you haven’t, and feel free to share it with anyone!!

On 1/8/2021 at 6:47 PM, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Will do! It truly is amazing

I feel like a bad sibling now, my sister -who is 3/4 of the way through Mistborn 1- wanted to know what I was listening to so I let her listen to the first 1 minute before the M:SH spoilers started. I turned off the song and told her to go and play. She insisted that she wanted to hear the song. I told here that she didn't like spoilers and it was a big spoiler.

Here I am having a seven year old singing "Kelsier, Preservation said Do better than you have before You where there god. You played with there faith. The hearts of men are not your toys" All over the house

Hahaaa!! This is an AMAZING story!!! Thank you for sharing it. Not a bad sibling, just ensuring that she thoroughly enjoys all the books!!! :)