Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stormtide_Leviathan

On Feruchemical Duralumin

8 posts in this topic

So with the recent creation of the f-duralumin club, I got to thinking about interesting f-duralumin twinborn. Which made me wonder what allomantic powers heavily use Connection. The obvious answers are the ones that affect other people. Nicrosil, chromium, zinc, brass, maybe copper and bronze, maybe atium and malatium.

So what would enhancing your connection do to these? Nicrosil and chromium generally require touch, which I think is to establish a basic connection with your target, and if so I think you could tap f-duralumin to leech/burst someone without touching them. I also think you could use it to generally strengthen any form of allomancy you use that targets someone else. But interestingly, and this would be useful even if you're not a twinborn, this would probably mean if someone tries to allomancy you, you could store connection to counteract it. If you're fighting someone who's burning atium, you could use f-duralumin to make it so that they don't see your shadows. You could maybe even mimic copper and hide yourself from a Seeker if you know what you're doing.

So what do you all think? Am I completely off base here? Are there other cool uses for f-duralumin?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

So with the recent creation of the f-duralumin club, I got to thinking about interesting f-duralumin twinborn. Which made me wonder what allomantic powers heavily use Connection. The obvious answers are the ones that affect other people. Nicrosil, chromium, zinc, brass, maybe copper and bronze, maybe atium and malatium.

So what would enhancing your connection do to these? Nicrosil and chromium generally require touch, which I think is to establish a basic connection with your target, and if so I think you could tap f-duralumin to leech/burst someone without touching them. I also think you could use it to generally strengthen any form of allomancy you use that targets someone else. But interestingly, and this would be useful even if you're not a twinborn, this would probably mean if someone tries to allomancy you, you could store connection to counteract it. If you're fighting someone who's burning atium, you could use f-duralumin to make it so that they don't see your shadows. You could maybe even mimic copper and hide yourself from a Seeker if you know what you're doing.

So what do you all think? Am I completely off base here? Are there other cool uses for f-duralumin?

It all sounds at least plausible, if perhaps requiring some careful application of Intent.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a personal hypothesis that you could use F-Duralumin to increase a Twinborn's Connection to Preservation to boost their Allomantic power because the power of an Allomancer is dependent on how Connected they are to Preservation

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, StanLemon said:

I have a personal hypothesis that you could use F-Duralumin to increase a Twinborn's Connection to Preservation to boost their Allomantic power because the power of an Allomancer is dependent on how Connected they are to Preservation

I've heard of this, yes.

Personally I like the idea that the "mistborn serial killer" of Era 3 is gonna be a Duralumin compounder who can bolster his Connection to Preservation so much that he can sustain Mistborn-level power for as long as he has F-Duralumin reserves.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

I've heard of this, yes.

Personally I like the idea that the "mistborn serial killer" of Era 3 is gonna be a Duralumin compounder who can bolster his Connection to Preservation so much that he can sustain Mistborn-level power for as long as he has F-Duralumin reserves.

I think that would be a BRILLIANT twist. Especially with a Nicrosil compounder MC.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I think that would be a BRILLIANT twist. Especially with a Nicrosil compounder MC.

Yeah, if she can Nicroburst his Duralumin, that might have some interesting consequences.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Personally I like the idea that the "mistborn serial killer" of Era 3 is gonna be a Duralumin compounder who can bolster his Connection to Preservation so much that he can sustain Mistborn-level power for as long as he has F-Duralumin reserves.

Huh. Interesting theory. This would also make sense considering we haven't seen a mistborn born in years, though the Set breeding program could of course change that

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

Huh. Interesting theory. This would also make sense considering we haven't seen a mistborn born in years, though the Set breeding program could of course change that

Actually, he wouldn't even have to be a natural-born Compounder, he could just be a Duralumin Gnat using an F-Duralumin Medallion to give himself the feruchemical power to Compound it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.