Vampire club

Tesh

9 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Lol, I didnt even know this was a book. Ive seen the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical a few times because tPotO is my favourite work of his. It is an awesome story. 

The book is better than the musical, but the musical is also one of my favorite musicals, so... Both are awesome.

9 hours ago, weiss_kwispies said:

(Mentioning "murder" is honestly the best way to try to convince someone to read a book)

I've realized that over the past few days... I've mentioned it quite a few times, and I've gotten several people to add it to their TBR.

Apparently we all need to read Frankenstein now because Tesh loves it :P

Yay! People are putting stock into my opinion of literature!

That's a first...

Generally they ignore me and my opinions since I talk about books so often... :ph34r:

Also, have you guys read any Edgar Allan Poe? I had to read some for school a few years ago and I loved it. I wrote a whole essay on "The Raven", and "The Tell-Tale Heart" was so fun to read in class because we listened to an audiobook version and people's reactions were funny. 

Yesss! I really need to read more. I think I've read The Black Cat, The Tell-Tale Heart, The Raven, another poem I don't remember, The Cask of Amontillado, and The Masque of Red Death, which I read because it inspired a very important scene in The Phantom of the Opera.

9 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

All right, here's a reason for me to leave: I don't really like gothic fantasy. Never read Dracula, and I don't want to, really. Though Frankenstein I might read.

I am sorry to say I don't have much experience with Edgar Allan Poe, though I've read The Raven and liked it a little.

Noooo! Don't leave! Just because you don't like these books doesn't mean you should leave! I'm sure the subject of the conversation will turn to something else at some point.

Might I ask why you don't like gothic horror? (I refer to the genre as gothic horror, and I am not sure what the proper term is...)

49 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Um, me! Storm you, you rude cremling! ;)  

Sacrifice the Goat! Sacrifice the goat! 

1.) That's gross.

2.) Yes, it is due time for a sacrifice whose blood we can drink. (If Goat wants to be sacrificed, that is.)

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

Noooo! Don't leave! Just because you don't like these books doesn't mean you should leave! I'm sure the subject of the conversation will turn to something else at some point.

Might I ask why you don't like gothic horror? (I refer to the genre as gothic horror, and I am not sure what the proper term is...)

I was just a little exaggerating anyway, but thank you. 

I have the problem (which shouldn't be all that much uncommon here) of taking things written in books too seriously. I sort of run away from home because of one book when I was young. Now I'm not that close to this, but I still dislike reading scary things. And I don't know either about the proper term, especially since this is a genre I don't want to read.

57 minutes ago, Tesh said:

It's not very good. At all. I kind of hate those movies.

Well, I was fine with this movie. At least the first one. 

Now, for a completely different question (apparently I'm doing a research on this topic): what do you think about Twilight?

14 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Now, for a completely different question (apparently I'm doing a research on this topic): what do you think about Twilight?

Never read of watched them, and I probably never will. Although I might watch the movies to make fun of them. Because I do that. :ph34r: (Sorry to anyone who likes them.)

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

Well, I was fine with this movie. At least the first one. 

I've never read them or watched the movies, but I don't really want to. I've heard from my friends that the movies are unintentionally hilarious, but I'm not sure if I want to watch it just for that. My mom used to be a big fan when Twilight was the popular thing, but even she has kind of admitted that the movies weren't as good as she though they were. Anyways, I guess there's people who really like it (and that's great for them), but it's definitely not something I can see myself enjoying. 

28 minutes ago, Cosmical Existence said:

:P I’m still stumbling around Discord, pretty new to it all. It puzzled a couple people before I changed my nickname to my Shard name. 

I figured out it was you pretty quickly. I confused a few people also though because I changed my display name on the Shard, and everyone was like "Who are you??" 

Anyways, I'm also new to Discord so now we can both be confused vampires. 

4 minutes ago, Flying said:

I figured out it was you pretty quickly. I confused a few people also though because I changed my display name on the Shard, and everyone was like "Who are you??" 

Anyways, I'm also new to Discord so now we can both be confused vampires. 

Sure, we can stumble around together. :) 

4 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

What are the side effects of eating garlic? 

No taste.
Blood loss.   
Smelling bad.   
Not being able to drink blood.   
Loss of sight.   
Loss of hearing.  
Loss of brain cells. 
Loss of touch. 
Loss of smell. 
Not being able to read Sanderson. 
Allergic reaction to water. 
Being banned from the shard. 

On 12/23/2020 at 1:16 PM, Tesh said:

Join us if-

~You like being awake at night

~When awake during the day, you prefer to avoid going outside

~You prefer avoiding the company of other humans, and instead seek out the companionship of others like yourselves- the undead

~Plain garlic seems really gross

(Feel free to offer up suggestions to this list).

~Check.

~...only when it's sunny.

~Oh, definitely 

~Garlic in any form seems really gross...

I guess this means I'm a vampire?

6 minutes ago, midnight13 said:

~Check.

~...only when it's sunny.

~Oh, definitely 

~Garlic in any form seems really gross...

I guess this means I'm a vampire?

Yes. . . Welcome! We have Blood cake or. . . Blood cake. Oh, and there’s some decapitated heads in the next room if you prefer those.