Vampire club

Tesh

1 hour ago, Lecky Twig said:

So this explains why I'm a cat at heart. 

Reveal hidden contents

all the cats ive met like the sun way more then is healthy for a vampire

Ahhhh that's a good point...

I don't really like the sun too much... I mean, it can be nice, but I burn really easily, and it makes it so there are weird shadows on the pages of books.

There was this one time, though, in the middle of winter where I just curled up on the ground in the sunlight in the office and almost fell asleep. Usually I get too warm to stay there for too long.

That reminds me (for some reason): did any of you hear anything about therian or otherkin communities? I'm just a little curious about them.

Also, with all the talk of cats, maybe you can think off a better Center for them in my magic system - it's in my signature. I believe I was already offered laziness though (Not on the shard, my sister offered something like that).

Edited by Trutharchivist

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

That reminds me (for some reason): did any of you hear anything about therian or otherkin communities? I'm just a little curious about them

Im not too familiar with them. But when I was in year 7, I was deemed as 'part lion' by my friends . Mainly because my hair was unusually poofy as it was quite humid for most of that year, and the animal sorta alined with my personality (I think). 

Sorry for being completely unhelpful XD. 

Edited by Lecky Twig
Fixed bad grammer

2 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Random question: Have you guys read Dracula by Bram Stoker?

It's a good book. 

Nooooo I really really need to, though. I love gothic horror.

I recently read this book called The Historian, and it was about Dracula.

It was really cool, but really sucked as a story. I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you love Dracula.

14 minutes ago, Tesh said:

It was really cool, but really sucked as a story. I wouldn't recommend reading it unless you love Dracula.

I liked the character Dracular because of his context in the book, so I feel aprehenive about other Draculas. Does that make sense? I might give The Historian a shot anyway because I like reading in the genre. 

I was making really obsure Dracula references for way to long after reading the book so I was nicknamed 'Count insert my surname here' for a while. I sorta miss being called Count because being a vampire is fun. 

3 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Random question: Have you guys read Dracula by Bram Stoker?

It's a good book. 

No. I feel like I should though because Dracula is a character referenced in so many different things and I still haven't read the source material. I kind of feel the same way about Frankenstein. Dracula and Frankenstein('s monster?) are like two of the most iconic monsters and I haven't read the books they're from. 

26 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

I was making really obsure Dracula references for way to long after reading the book so I was nicknamed 'Count insert my surname here' for a while. I sorta miss being called Count because being a vampire is fun. 

I'm calling you Count Twig now. ;)

Also, why don't more people align their writing like this?

Or like this?

Just typing like this is boring.

27 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

I liked the character Dracular because of his context in the book, so I feel aprehenive about other Draculas. Does that make sense? I might give The Historian a shot anyway because I like reading in the genre. 

If you're a really big fan of Dracula, I'd suggest giving it a shot. The language is really flowery, which I personally like, and it gives you a lot of really interesting stuff about Dracula, Vlad the Impaler, and other cool stuff. But the plot (most specifically the ending) sucks. And the formatting in some places drove me up the wall, but that's probably just me.

27 minutes ago, weiss_kwispies said:

No. I feel like I should though because Dracula is a character referenced in so many different things and I still haven't read the source material. I kind of feel the same way about Frankenstein. Dracula and Frankenstein('s monster?) are like two of the most iconic monsters and I haven't read the books they're from. 

Frankenstein is one of my favorite books ever. It's absolutely fantastic. I love all the moral and philosophical questions it asks, as well as the flowery language used in it, and, of course, all the murder.

I'm gonna start typing normally now, I apologize.

11 minutes ago, Tesh said:

I'm calling you Count Twig now. ;)

Yay. :D

Also, why don't more people align their writing like this?

Or like this?

I'm on my phone and I dont know how. 

If you're a really big fan of Dracula, I'd suggest giving it a shot. The language is really flowery, which I personally like, and it gives you a lot of really interesting stuff about Dracula, Vlad the Impaler, and other cool stuff. But the plot (most specifically the ending) sucks. And the formatting in some places drove me up the wall, but that's probably just me

Okie. I'll add it to my TBR. I need a book with pretty writing because the ones I've read lately have had some pretty shaky prose. I'm generally not a plot based reader so it shouldn't bother me too much, but......I do like good endings hmmmmm. 

40 minutes ago, weiss_kwispies said:

I kind of feel the same way about Frankenstein. Dracula and Frankenstein('s monster?) are like two of the most iconic monsters and I haven't read the books they're from. 

I need to read Frankenstein too. He's so iconic and the book is apparently awsome. 

Edited by Lecky Twig

5 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

Okie. I'll add it to my TBR. I need a book with pretty writing because the ones I've read lately have had some pretty shaky prose. I'm generally not a plot based reader so it shouldn't bother me too much, but......I do like good endings hmmmmm. 

The ending really sucks.

It's just... Really really bad.

Spoiler alert, but it ends with the main character(?)'s mother doing. The main character does absolutely nothing to drive the plot. I'm not even sure if she is the main character, even if she is the narrator... But she has no hand in the resolution what so ever.

8 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

I need to read Frankenstein too. He's so iconic and the book is apparently awsome. 

Sooooo good... I've read it twice now, and I seriously love it.

I also love The Phantom of the Opera. It's a really great book, but mainly just because it's awesome.

Although the ending is much better than that of The Historian...

*sigh*

5 minutes ago, Tesh said:

I also love The Phantom of the Opera. It's a really great book, but mainly just because it's awesome

Lol, I didnt even know this was a book. Ive seen the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical a few times because tPotO is my favourite work of his. It is an awesome story. 

34 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Frankenstein is one of my favorite books ever. It's absolutely fantastic. I love all the moral and philosophical questions it asks, as well as the flowery language used in it, and, of course, all the murder.

Maybe I'll read it then. I really like when stories have a lot of moral/philosophical questions, so I'd probably like it. My mom also liked it, and she barely reads, so it's probably good. 

(Mentioning "murder" is honestly the best way to try to convince someone to read a book)

23 minutes ago, Lecky Twig said:

I need to read Frankenstein too. He's so iconic and his book is apparently awesome. 

Apparently we all need to read Frankenstein now because Tesh loves it :P

Also, have you guys read any Edgar Allan Poe? I had to read some for school a few years ago and I loved it. I wrote a whole essay on "The Raven", and "The Tell-Tale Heart" was so fun to read in class because we listened to an audiobook version and people's reactions were funny. 

Edited by weiss_kwispies
Grammar

1 minute ago, weiss_kwispies said:

Also, have you guys read any Edgar Allan Poe? I had to read some for school a few years ago and I loved it. I wrote a whole essay on "The Raven", and "The Tell-Tale Heart" was so fun to read in class because we listened to an audiobook version and peoples' reactions were funny. 

YESSS!! I even chose one of his poems for a recital in English. I recited Alone because it is my favourite work of his. I also like Annabel Lee. I struggle to take The Raven seriously because I imagine it as being set in a portaloo instead of a normal chamber room:wacko:. I’ve never read/listened to The Tell-Tale Heart, but I’ll give it a go soon.

Just now, Lecky Twig said:

YESSS!! I even chose one of his poems for a recital in English. I recited Alone because it is my favourite work of his. I also like Annabel Lee. I struggle to take The Raven seriously because I imagine it as being set in a portaloo instead of a normal chamber room:wacko:. I’ve never read/listened to The Tell-Tale Heart, but I’ll give it a go soon.

I haven't read Alone or Annabel Lee, but I'll read them. I've been wanting to read more Edgar Allan Poe for a while because I've liked what I've read of his so far.

17 minutes ago, weiss_kwispies said:

I haven't read Alone or Annabel Lee, but I'll read them. I've been wanting to read more Edgar Allan Poe for a while because I've liked what I've read of his so far.

Yeah, I haven’t read a lot of his work either, the ones I talked about before pretty much make up the entirety of my list. But I love his work and this conversation has me tempted to buy a collection of his poems. 

Spoiler

And thanks for the follow kwispies

All right, here's a reason for me to leave: I don't really like gothic fantasy. Never read Dracula, and I don't want to, really. Though Frankenstein I might read.

I am sorry to say I don't have much experience with Edgar Allan Poe, though I've read The Raven and liked it a little.

1 minute ago, Lecky Twig said:

Yeah, I haven’t read a lot of his work either, the ones I talked about before pretty much make up the entirety of my list. But I love his work and this conversation has me tempted to buy a collection of his poems. 

Hide contents

And thanks for the follow kwispies

Spoiler

No problem :P

I didn't think I was a vampire... But this makes a lot of sense. I do like garlic, but not by itself. (who would have it by itself?) the rest of the list applies to me... Oh, I also never look into the mirror. (I doubt I would see anything) and I never enter a home without being invited in. I also lick my own cuts. (or at least used to)

Edited by Chasmgoat