Sign-In Display Name Issue

Mat

This is something I noticed signing in just now. Upon entering 'Matrim's Dice' into the display name box and my password into the password box, I received the message alerting me that the display name or email address I had typed did not belong to any account. I did type it right; after double checking the spelling and everything it still gave me the message.

However, when I entered my email address in the box I signed in just fine.

This isn't as much of an issue as it is a report, I figure if something like this happened to me it's probably happened to others. I don't know how often this would happen; I typically don't sign out and sign back in. I'm curious to know if this is something that's happened before to anyone else, or if it was a fluke mishap on my end.

32 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I suspect this is because your Display Name is using a curly apostrophe, whereas when you typed "Matrim's Dice" the apostrophe is different.

Hmm, upon checking my display name history my name did not have the curly apostrophe prior to Ookla Season, so that's likely the case. I have no clue how I managed to type the curly one changing it back, but I guess it works. Thanks!