GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

So I have an idea for a ruleset that I think would be fun, but the entire thing is heavily centered around secrets, so much so that I can't really explain any of it at all without ruining it.

How would I go about signing this up?

It's kinda a very very weird concept, I actually think it might fit better as one of those new 'Break Tank' formats. So if it doesn't work at all and totally flops, it won't actually interrupt the cycle of real games. 

But yeah, I can't really explain it at all without ruining it, so who do I need to talk to?

1 minute ago, Dannex said:

So I have an idea for a ruleset that I think would be fun, but the entire thing is heavily centered around secrets, so much so that I can't really explain any of it at all without ruining it.

How would I go about signing this up?

It's kinda a very very weird concept, I actually think it might fit better as one of those new 'Break Tank' formats. So if it doesn't work at all and totally flops, it won't actually interrupt the cycle of real games. 

But yeah, I can't really explain it at all without ruining it, so who do I need to talk to?

Hmm... for the Break Tank games, I don't think we've talked about it (or, the mods probably have, but I haven't heard anything.) I think if you just go ahead and PM the mods/committee like normal and ask, you could get people to view the rules. That's normally how Blackout games get approved. And then while you're at it, also find out stuff about the Break Tank games.

FYI, I might not end up taking the QF slot if this level of busy-ness stays up.

I probably still could do it, but rollover would be at a weird time and I'd need a co-GM (Lotus, I think). But if anyone's really looking forward to running a QF and wants to jump ahead... I'm not going to stop you :P

I... oof. In case you haven't noticed I've been busy lately. I think I could run a game, but I don't know when I'd put rollover... could do noon PST, could do something like 8:00 PM PST.

I think I could do it though.

Maybe.

If Bard doesn't want it.

I also need to get it approved... which should be doable but I need to figure out my "final" ruleset first.

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I... oof. In case you haven't noticed I've been busy lately. I think I could run a game, but I don't know when I'd put rollover... could do noon PST, could do something like 8:00 PM PST.

please not 8 PM PST... I could never be on for EoD if it were that :P

So, it seems that the Long Game is finally coming to a close (or is it :ph34r: well it's close enough anyway).

List is currently:

1. Wilson + Elbereth (but no pass for KKC... and I think that's usually a summer thing anyway)
  2. @StrikerEZ x2 - Striker's currently marked as busy but I think he said he wanted LG76-77 for his two games... somewhere?
  3. Matrim's Dice - guessing you don't want two in a row
  4. @Sart
  5. @Elandera
  6. @Experience
  7. @Ventyl
  8. @Straw
  9. Ashbringer - am going to be running the QF, so not yet
  10. @TJ Shade

54 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

@StrikerEZ x2 - Striker's currently marked as busy but I think he said he wanted LG76-77 for his two games... somewhere?

That was actually LG77-78 that I wanted. I definitely could not handle a game right now. Unless I could wait like...two weeks to post signups. :P

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Dunno how I ended up with two that close though :huh:

I think that's the same spot of the game you're currently running which was just not cleared from the list by the mods (@mods) as the last LG call up was this and you're in the same position:

On 3/15/2021 at 10:14 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

With LG74 entering its endgame, we should figure out who's running LG75. Luckily, I think that will be pretty easy :ph34r: 

1. @little wilson / @Elbereth - (KKC, no pass)
  2. @Matrim's Dice
  3. @Sart
  4. @Elandera
  5. @Experience

My game is ready and I am available and willing to run it, so unless wilson and El scrounge up a pass and feel the urge to run the amazing monster I've heard KKC games are, I think I'll take the spot :P Any recommendations for when I should put up the signups? I was going to wait until both the MR started and the LG ends.

Anyway, I'm out, my game is not yet done and I'm not ready to run it yet.