GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

53 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

We haven’t heard from @Random Bystander, and Ash and TKN have said they would prefer not to run their game. @Matrim's Dice would you be willing to run the next LG?

I’d rather not, to be honest. I’d need to come up with a full ruleset and am pretty busy outside of that. But I technically can if I have to.

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

@The Known Novel, you mentioned a while back not being able to run a game for 3 weeks. Are we far enough out that if your game started after my QF that you’d be able to run it?

I could run an MR after yours, sign-ups might need to run a little long, but as long as it starts after the Sunday after next I'll be fine.

Probably will send a pre-approval PM for at least one of my ideas in a little bit since I'll be running one soon regardless.

41 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

I could run an MR after yours, sign-ups might need to run a little long, but as long as it starts after the Sunday after next I'll be fine.

Probably will send a pre-approval PM for at least one of my ideas in a little bit since I'll be running one soon regardless.

I think it’d be an LG but I might be wrong there.

If not, I could whip up a really light sort of game that I could do rollover in a couple minutes with.

47 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think it’d be an LG but I might be wrong there.

If not, I could whip up a really light sort of game that I could do rollover in a couple minutes with.

Yeah, we’re looking for someone to run the next LG. Ideally signups would go up soon after Araris’s QF starts.

AFAICT:

1. @Ashbringer - Has said he's passing?
2. @Random Bystander - No news
3. @StrikerEZ - Technically next but I take it from the fact he's asking that he's passing/willing to pass
4. @The Known Novel
5. @Matrim's Dice
6. @Elandera
7. @Karnatheon
8. @Araris Valerian (unlikely)
9. @Szeth_Pancakes
10. @Kasimir

Someone on this list is going to be capable of running so I'm not going to count anyone below me to stop tagging half the GM list. That being said, if it passes to me and Steel passes, and Xino is up for it, I'm willing to pass to Xino.

27 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

If TKN can’t run it I’ll make up an easy ruleset for me to run and throw up signups in a few days. But if anyone else below me wants to, feel more than free.

Praise the gods :P 

Edited:

19 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

I will sign up for another LG slot.

Done.

Edited by Kasimir

• 2 weeks later...

With the QF being done and the LG recently started, we need to start figuring out who will run the next MR. This LG is a smaller player count, so will end surprisingly faster than people might expect. Ignoring my spots (as I would prefer to not run a game right now), here are the top 5 players on the MR list:

1. @The Known Novel
  2. @Szeth_Pancakes
  3. @Fifth Scholar
  4. Matrim's Dice, who will not be running two games at the same time :P
  5. @Tani

Are any of y'all willing to run the next MR?

5 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

With the QF being done and the LG recently started, we need to start figuring out who will run the next MR. This LG is a smaller player count, so will end surprisingly faster than people might expect. Ignoring my spots (as I would prefer to not run a game right now), here are the top 5 players on the MR list:

1. @The Known Novel
  2. @Szeth_Pancakes
  3. @Fifth Scholar
  4. Matrim's Dice, who will not be running two games at the same time :P
  5. @Tani

Are any of y'all willing to run the next MR?

I can. I'll post sign-ups as soon as we get done with the rules I sent everyone. 

3 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

I can. I'll post sign-ups as soon as we get done with the rules I sent everyone. 

I should note that unless you are using someone's pass, this needs to be a Sanderson game. Non-Sandersons are every five in the category, e.g. QF/LG/MR.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:11 AM, Elbereth said:

Non-Sanderson Games: The requirement to have a pass in order to run a non-Sanderson game was implemented to reduce the number of non-Sanderson games when those were more than a third of the games being run. The effect, however, has been to make non-Sanderson games almost never run - there have only been three total in the last two years. As a result, we’re loosening the limitation somewhat: every fifth game in a format may be a non-Sanderson game. Pass-holders still have their passes, and may use them to run a non-Sanderson game whenever they want.

I'd offer, but I've committed my pass to another player.

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I should note that unless you are using someone's pass, this needs to be a Sanderson game. Non-Sandersons are every five in the category, e.g. QF/LG/MR.

I'd offer, but I've committed my pass to another player.

I didn't realize there was one within five games.

Who has passes? Or I suppose I could do my walmart brand Tyrian game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah just wanted to reiterate that the 24th is when I would be free for a game to start. And a QF would be perfect because a week is roughly how much free time I’d have to run a game. That’s assuming Fifth doesn’t want it though.

I wish life would stop throwing curveballs at me. I’m actually way less free than I thought I would be. There’s no way I can get my rules ready and approved in time for the signups to go up Wednesday. I’m sorry. A lot of life stuff happened today that set me behind and I got reminded about a bunch of stuff coming up.