GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

41 minutes ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

I would love to join any game regaurdless of setting/length so if anyone is starting one soon I would love to know

Welcome! This is a signup thread for running a game, but there should be signups going up soon for some games to play. I see that you already found the BT thread, which is great :) 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:43 PM, xinoehp512 said:

I'd also like to sign up for an MR and an LG slot.

This request has been logged on the doc.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:49 PM, StrikerEZ said:

What's next, a QF? I'm 8th in line for that and it would probably run during a time when I very much can't run it, so I'm an obvious pass. :P

The top 5 on the list are as follows:

1. @|TJ|
  2. @Illwei
  3. @Fifth Scholar
  4. @Szeth_Pancakes
  5. @xinoehp512

For the record, TJ and Illwei have declined, but Fifth expressed soft interest. I'd rule out Szeth since they haven't been on in months, so if @Fifth Scholar wants, it's theirs. If they pass, Xino will run the game.

3 hours ago, HOID WANTS INSTANT NOODLES said:

I would love to join any game regardless of setting/length so if anyone is starting one soon I would love to know

Welcome! I encourage you to 'follow' the subforum so you're notified when new threads are posted. New games are often pinned to the top during the week of signups for them. 

Upcoming GMs, please make a mental note to ping the newcomers on the BT signups when you post the next games. 

Steeldancer has expressed interest in running the next LG, but I need to ping the people ahead of them in line. That's you, 

@StrikerEZ (I think you're passing, if I'm reading your previous post right - let me know if that's the wrong read)

@The Unknown Novel

@Lotus

@Kasimir

@Random Bystander

Reminder to Steeldancer and anyone planning to run a game to PM the committee with your ruleset to obtain approval. 

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

For the record, TJ and Illwei have declined, but Fifth expressed soft interest. I'd rule out Szeth since they haven't been on in months, so if @Fifth Scholar wants, it's theirs. If they pass, Xino will run the game.

I thought Devo’s break tank was taking the place of the QF this cycle. I’ll pass and let Xino run, though—I doubt I’ll have the changes I want done in time to get a game up in the next day or two. 

2 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I thought Devo’s break tank was taking the place of the QF this cycle. I’ll pass and let Xino run, though—I doubt I’ll have the changes I want done in time to get a game up in the next day or two. 

It is not taking the place of the QF. The break tank is short enough that it'll be done by the time a QF can get through the committee and finish signups.

• 3 weeks later...

So, with the QF just finishing up, we should probably figure out who's running the next MR, right? I'm at the top of the list and want to run a game. :P I have a lot of game ideas, but don't know which one I want to run right now. So I'm going to post the rules for a few of them and have you guys vote on which one I run! (And will obviously send them all to the committee people)

1. MRXX: Escape From Odium: Similar to Steel's singer conversion game he ran last year, just sort of my take on it.
  2. MRXX: The Simple Life of a Village in The Final Empire: A pretty simple Mistborn game with a few added things and slight variations on the basic Mistborn roles.
  3. MRXX: The Council of Honor: An amalgamation of SE, Avalon, and Secret Hitler. All in a Stormlight-themed package.

Here is a poll to go vote on which game you want me to run! I'm doing it this way, just so it's easier for me to keep track of what people are wanting. :)

Edited by StrikerEZ

• 2 weeks later...

Due to RL circumstances, @StrikerEZ is unable to run a MR right now after all and will be passing. (Hope everything gets better for you, bro.) The MR list thus looks like this:

In order, who will take the Ring to Mount Doom - sorry, I mean, who feels up to running a MR? :P 

I think I’d be able to do it, but obviously I’m not exactly the top of the list here. But it’s been a while since I ran a game and I’d like to do that if no one else does. The game would need to end before July 27, but I think the player list probably would be small enough to make that the case.

21 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think I’d be able to do it, but obviously I’m not exactly the top of the list here. But it’s been a while since I ran a game and I’d like to do that if no one else does. The game would need to end before July 27, but I think the player list probably would be small enough to make that the case.

Gonna suggest waiting a day or two more but if no one else on the list sounds off, then you take the game. If you need to shorten sign-ups a bit to make it work, do it.

Edited by Kasimir

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

If nobody else wants it I can take it.

I could take it? No clue how far down the list I am though :P

If you want it it’s yours 100% but if you don’t I could manage. It’s been awhile since I ran a game.

Edit: Nineteenth is pretty dang far, hmm. I could do it without using that spot? :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice