GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I’m thinking the best solution is no/limited alignment flips on death. 

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yeah, probably should have put "best" in quotes, since the same thing crossed my mind when I made the suggestion. But something like Miracle Max from the Princess Bride LG seems to maybe fit the bill; flips/entering the dead doc are delayed by a cycle during which the player can be brought back to life. And that one also seems less likely to induce player insanity.

What if, before the Gravedigger acts, there are no alignment flips, and afterward, there are, and the folks that were elim are resurrected elim and the folks that are village are resurrected village?

Because, you see, when the Gravedigger resurrects dead folk, the Gravedigger resurrects ALL the dead folk.

Edit: Nevermind, I think the Gravedigger is a bad idea. Unless there are some roles that can only come into play if the Gravedigger resurrects people. Hmmmmmm....

Edited by Tani

7 hours ago, Tani said:

I have a role that brings everyone back to life with new roles, and I'm not sure how to make it work well, and I kind of want to make it able to work well. It's generic name is Gravedigger. The first version of it I know of turns the Gravedigger into a conf. villager as soon as he does it, so I changed that. (he dies or is Lawyered.) However, there's still the problem of the once-dead once-Elims know all the other Elims. If I make them be resurrected with their same alignment all the once-dead Elims will just get killed immediately and that's no fun. If I tell them not to talk about their groupies that won't work well because it's hard to not be suspicious of folk you kinda know are evil. If I make the Elims just not know each other that fixes another role too, the one that switches people's roles (working generic name: Tavern keeper) but causes a host of problems (like Elims trying to kill other Elims.)

Is Gravedigger just not fixable? If it is fixable, please help?

You could design the game to have multiple evils instead (like one serial killer, one maf, one arsonist or something) and then no one knows each other's factions. A group of Elims not knowing their teammates also isn't broken, it is just a mechanic you have to play around. Or, don't resurrect an Elim at all - it could just resurrect the villagers?

I'd think to just design the rest of the game around it. It is a tricky role but it just needs to fit with the other mechanics to work! Do you have a whole setup for where you'd use this role yet?

16 hours ago, shadow1 said:

You could design the game to have multiple evils instead (like one serial killer, one maf, one arsonist or something) and then no one knows each other's factions.A group of Elims not knowing their teammates also isn't broken, it is just a mechanic you have to play around.

I like the idea, the mechanic part is interesting, and doublethankyou.

16 hours ago, shadow1 said:

I'd think to just design the rest of the game around it. It is a tricky role but it just needs to fit with the other mechanics to work! Do you have a whole setup for where you'd use this role yet?

Not yet. Triplethankyou.

• 2 weeks later...

@StrikerEZ this is your early heads up that you're next on the MR list. We have you down as planning a Mistborn game with that slot. Your next two slots are for... an anon game and a conversion game, so I recommend you stick with that first option. :P. 

After that is Experience and TUN. 

On 4/29/2022 at 10:13 PM, Archer said:

@StrikerEZ this is your early heads up that you're next on the MR list. We have you down as planning a Mistborn game with that slot. Your next two slots are for... an anon game and a conversion game, so I recommend you stick with that first option. :P. 

After that is Experience and TUN. 

I could probably do it. As long as the game starts next week, which it would have to. I just have to try and figure out what rules I was gonna be using for that slot....

Though I do think I would prefer if someone else took it, as I'm still in school and would probably have to try and squeeze in time to post signups during my finals.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like @|TJ|, @Ashbringer, @Elbereth/@little wilson, and @StrikerEZ is the current lineup for the next LG. And whoever takes it should probably keep in mind that player counts/activity is kinda low right now.

I guess I'll ping @Lotus as well, since TUO is running a game right now. After that would be @Random Bystander and @Steeldancer since there are so many repeats on the list, and Kas is on hiatus.

Edited by Araris Valerian

On 5/11/2022 at 3:47 AM, Araris Valerian said:

and Kas is on hiatus.

While I've been willing to run two games back-to-back, three back-to-back is a little extreme, even for me... :P

I'd say I'd look at Ash and Randby and Steel first, especially since Steel was wanting to run a game, but I do have a low-writeup (please >>), low-player count game I can run, and just push Old Kingdom and Tyrian for a time when there's more players and I have more bandwidth, really. I...Something just happened in my RL so I may be sitting on a bigger chunk of free time than I'd personally anticipated.

So kind of Ash's position here.

On 5/19/2022 at 0:50 AM, Araris Valerian said:

Randby has been inactive since last November apparently, and I've messaged Steel on discord. If I don't hear from him by Friday I'd say either Kas or Ash should take the LG.

Have to back out, so if not Steel, has to be Ash. Currently getting blood drawn as it seems I might have contracted dengue fever, so won't be in shape to run anything immediately.

Edited by Kasimir

If no one else can run a game, I am fine abruptly returning from hiatus to do one, provided I have a co-GM, as at least one of my slots should be high enough on the list. Summer has suddenly expanded my SE time :P That said, I won’t get in Steel or Ash’s way. 

edit: I should mention that if I’m running any game, it’s probably this one, or a standard Tyrian ruleset, or if I’m feeling crazy and there are enough people, this three-year pet project which needs a ton of people. Given that KKC is being run later this summer, though, simple is likely better :P 

ed2t: tagging @Ashbringer to make a decision so one of us can get this show on the road :P 

Edited by Fifth Scholar

20 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

ed2t: tagging @Ashbringer to make a decision so one of us can get this show on the road :P 

Ah, decision making. One of my strong suits.

I have an idea for something I can run, but I'd like a bit more time. But I could probably co-GM with you if you'd like!

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Ah, decision making. One of my strong suits.

I have an idea for something I can run, but I'd like a bit more time. But I could probably co-GM with you if you'd like!

Fair enough! I’ll take this next one then. Unfortunately I’ve already got a volunteer for co-GM…but having you as a player would be great too! I’ll send my ruleset(s) to the committee and then post signups. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! The LG is over! That was quick. I have a game set (kind of) on hand and ready (it desperately needs to be looked at to make sure it's not horrendously broken) so I mean. If no one else wants to I can and have time to run the next LG. 

No biggie if someone else wants to. :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Wow! The LG is over! That was quick. I have a game set (kind of) on hand and ready (it desperately needs to be looked at to make sure it's not horrendously broken) so I mean. If no one else wants to I can and have time to run the next LG. 

No biggie if someone else wants to. :ph34r:

If you’re next in line, go for it.