GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

True. :P Do I need to invent one myself, though?

You can use or run someone else's ruleset, though if they're still around, I'd imagine it's the polite thing to drop them a message one way or another, just to let them know. QF29 was a Joe game - Lopen ran it. There have also been reruns of rulesets other GMs ran.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:33 AM, xinoehp512 said:

True. :P Do I need to invent one myself, though?

On 2/28/2022 at 9:38 AM, Kasimir said:

You can use or run someone else's ruleset, though if they're still around, I'd imagine it's the polite thing to drop them a message one way or another, just to let them know. QF29 was a Joe game - Lopen ran it. There have also been reruns of rulesets other GMs ran.

Several GMs also have a bunch of rulesets up for the taking: most of Joe's are here, Devotary's are in her sig or here, and a couple older ones are Ren's list here and Wyrm's list here. Those last two are also in my own ideas folder, which is all the random rules ideas I've saved over time - almost none are my own. Plus there's the whole Game Creation thread, of which the first three years are listed in the Game Signups sheet in the 'game creations 2' tab.

(All that said, a rerun is honestly probably better :P There's lots of games that definitely deserve another run.)

Now that BT1 is over, we can start planning a second one! @Devotary of Spontaneity, I know you have a ruleset ready, so I'm guessing you'll be taking that? I'd also advise @Ashbringer that you put your battle mechanic rules into a break tank form and send them over to the committee when you can, since you're next after that. 

7 hours ago, Elbereth said:

I'd also advise @Ashbringer that you put your battle mechanic rules into a break tank form and send them over to the committee when you can, since you're next after that. 

I can get my Battle rules in. Might have to chop it up a bit / just use the baselines, but it should work.

Also, completely hypothetical question: there's been some games with Anon Accounts and Real Accounts, but... how hard/limited is that? I'm not really sure how anon accounts are allowed to interact with normal ones.

The LG just wrapped up, so here's the waitlist:

1. @Experience
  2. @Ashbringer
  3. @|TJ|
  4. Ash again
  5. @little wilson / @Elbereth

Followed by @Kasimir (anonymous), @StrikerEZ, Ash again, @The Unknown Aon, and @Lotus.

But Exp's game is the crazy one and he just Co-GMd, if I had to guess wilson/El and Kas won't take it, Striker just ran the LG (not to mention his slot being the KKC Radiant University), and Lotus is running the QF :P So I'm thinking it'll be Ash, TJ, or TUA but it's not up to me.

59 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

But Exp's game is the crazy one and he just Co-GMd, if I had to guess wilson/El and Kas won't take it, Striker just ran the LG (not to mention his slot being the KKC Radiant University), and Lotus is running the QF :P So I'm thinking it'll be Ash, TJ, or TUA but it's not up to me.

I think Exp is in fact running the game (not sure though, but I think they're still going over his rules?). But my game has a few secret elements and I do not want to give flashbacks to MR56 so soon after the game ended, so I'm declining here. xD

Edited by |TJ|

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The LG just wrapped up, so here's the waitlist:

1. @Experience
  2. @Ashbringer
  3. @|TJ|
  4. Ash again
  5. @little wilson / @Elbereth

Followed by @Kasimir (anonymous), @StrikerEZ, Ash again, @The Unknown Aon, and @Lotus.

I am okay with running mine but concerned about player numbers - ideally I'd like a minimum of twenty for the anon game. But will see if Ash or Exp or Wilson/El wants it first. If not, I can probably trade this slot with another LG I have and run that first instead. I don't know, does anyone think I can realistically hit the minimum for the anon game?

I think Exp was planning on taking this slot, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't have a specific game for this one - the one I've got right now is relatively simple (basically set group PMs / docs at the start of the game + some roles).

Which I could run, but I've also got an Honorblade rerun due that I'd prefer to run before it starts being potentially spoiling SA 5 :P but I'd also prefer not to be that guy with two LG slots right next to each other, one of which is being run as a Break Tank at some point.

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I think Exp was planning on taking this slot, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't have a specific game for this one - the one I've got right now is relatively simple (basically set group PMs / docs at the start of the game + some roles).

Which I could run, but I've also got an Honorblade rerun due that I'd prefer to run before it starts being potentially spoiling SA 5 :P but I'd also prefer not to be that guy with two LG slots right next to each other, one of which is being run as a Break Tank at some point.

Well, wait for Exp, then after Exp, you get clear on whether you want to or not, and then if both of you are saying no, I'll work out whether to run the anon Tyrian+ or this other game I have which should clear very fast :P Eh you know what I'll pre-clear the anon via the Committee first, just in case.

I can confirm that Wilson and I definitely don’t have anywhere near enough time to run a LG49 rerun, and won’t for the near future. :P 

Also, as a reminder to upcoming GMs: when you send a rule set to the committee, please be sure to also include the mods! 

10 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I am okay with running mine but concerned about player numbers - ideally I'd like a minimum of twenty for the anon game. But will see if Ash or Exp or Wilson/El wants it first. If not, I can probably trade this slot with another LG I have and run that first instead. I don't know, does anyone think I can realistically hit the minimum for the anon game?

Anon games usually get more players than normal games, and with you being the GM and the AG not being too long ago, yes I think you could realistically hit the minimum :P

Exp running the game sounds good, I wasn't sure if he'd want to but if he does, that's great.

I'm... Going to need another LG slot.

Also change my next LG slot. Made in Abyss will wait until later. 

I've just developed the Choose your own alignment game today, it's based on the Manywar in Nalthis. Honestly at this rate I'll have the full rule set done in a few days.