GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Should note this one has been partly trialed in QF29, where there was one cycle Lopen apparently just said 'screw it' and created a group PM to send us all the dead doc link :P It was the Red Wedding, that's for sure.

Right, okay. :P In that case @StrikerEZ I'd probably recommend the majority-exe as a BT but the probabilistic one doesn't necessarily need to be.

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hmmm.

What do you mean partly trialed?

EDIT: Okay wait.

What if there was a game where most of the elims were publicly known at the start of the game, and each took two tries to kill. But there were 1 or 2 who were unknown. And there'd be this interesting dynamic of trying to exe different players who aren't publicly known to be elim to see if you can get a reaction from players who are publicly elims.

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

% votes isn't new - it's one of several mechanics that featured in QF29 so there is in fact a baseline. It's just muddled by some other mechanics as well.

No further comment on anything else as I feel El will gut me if I contribute to further derailment of the sign-up thread and I like my guts inside my me :P 

@StrikerEZ you saw what Kas said :P Game creation please!

1 hour ago, Tani said:

Rigorous playtesting of the QF58-type ruleset. (with a day-night cycle)

Okay, noted.

57 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Right, okay. :P In that case @StrikerEZ I'd probably recommend the majority-exe as a BT but the probabilistic one doesn't necessarily need to be.

Okay. Just one BT slot and then I’ll figure out what game to put the probability thing in later.

57 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

@StrikerEZ you saw what Kas said :P Game creation please!

I saw and posted in AoGC about it :P

I too will take a BT slot. It’ll be something along the lines of dividing the players into equal factions (with each faction having a different wincon) but specifically pairing each player against a player from the other faction, so that half the players could win but it won’t necessarily be all of one faction. Haven’t worked out much more than that but this is to show that yes, I do have an idea :P

How often will BTs be run? One after another on its own schedule, like LGs, or with a break in between?

Edit: Changed the initial idea a bit. Rules doc is here. Also posting on the AoGC thread.

@Elbereth

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Can I get my slots marked?

• LG
    • Description: Blackout
  • MR
    • Description: Tyrian
  • QF
    • Description: Shades

And my BT from two posts up still needs to be added. Location: Roshar/Warcamps, Description can just be the rules link.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, The Unknown Aon said:

I would like one of each format except break-tank, which I neither have the time nor the ideas for. 

You currently have 3 LG slots, and one each of MR and QF (one LG and the latter two don't have descriptions). Do you want one more in each? And if so, do you have ruleset ideas for them?

Yes and yes. I'll get back to you with descriptions. 

Third LG spot: Roshar Spaceship game. Role madness.

First Quick-fix spot: A Reckoners Game that I'll PM to the committee in the near future.

Second Quick-fix spot: A re-run of my Elantris game with a couple more roles.

First MR spot: My Skyeel Roshar game.

Second MR spot: This will likely be a Dragonriders of Pern game.

@Elandera

Edited by The Unknown Aon

On 2/5/2022 at 10:07 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

How often will BTs be run? One after another on its own schedule, like LGs, or with a break in between?

On their own schedule, TBD exactly how often - I'm thinking somewhere in the range of every 2-4 weeks, but we'll have to see.

20 minutes ago, Tani said:

do break tanks also need passes?

Yes, they do.

Also, I'd encourage who wants to sign up for a Break Tank to read the Break Tank rules carefully, please. :P

I'd like to sign up for an LG. It'll be an anime based game, I have 2 possible ideas right now. One is a Re:Zero type game, with a single cycle repeated over and over, it'll be semi-black out (as in it won't be clear how to escape the loop), and the goal will be to escape the loop. How the loop is escaped will determine who wins. 
My second idea is Made in Abyss, utilizing the setting to tell the story of an expedition to the bottom of the Abyss. Each cycle will progress farther into the abyss, meaning the goal is survival, or some sort of alternate win condition depending from person to person. I'd definitely like to wait until after season 2 if I go with that idea. 
Also, I'll sign up for an MR, since I'm not sure my LG slot will work for the game I wanted to run. It'll be a thematic rerun of my Dreamer QF with anonymous account body hopping. Last time was an item hunt, this time would be The Olympics. 
Also, I'd like to declare that I am at least semi active. I think with my current schedule I'd at least be capable of running a game. Setting aside a time each day to work on a game is pretty easy with a school schedule, tbh. 

On 2/13/2022 at 9:35 PM, Steeldancer said:

I'd like to sign up for an LG.

Just to clarify, I removed your current LG slot from inactivity. Would you like a slot in addition to that one?

On 2/17/2022 at 11:02 PM, StrikerEZ said:

Just gonna sneakily sign up for a blackout Reckoners QF. Totally not inspired at all by any ongoing games. Nope, not at all. :P

This has been added.

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

Just to clarify, I removed your current LG slot from inactivity. Would you like a slot in addition to that one?

This has been added.

Yes, an additional LG slot would be excellent.

Also the first one, since it's sooner and I've gotten farther with the rules, will be a Made in Abyss game. 

My MR is winding up, so we need to see who can run the next QF - 

Rounding off the top 10 are - @xinoehp512, @The Unknown Aon, @Araris Valerian, @Matrim's Dice and @StrikerEZ. I'm also tagging @Elbereth if she wants to run a game as she's above me in the list. 

On 2/26/2022 at 3:49 AM, |TJ| said:

My MR is winding up, so we need to see who can run the next QF - 

Rounding off the top 10 are - @xinoehp512, @The Unknown Aon, @Araris Valerian, @Matrim's Dice and @StrikerEZ. I'm also tagging @Elbereth if she wants to run a game as she's above me in the list. 

I do want to run a game and I will next week, but not a QF! :P

31 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Do I need to come up with a ruleset before I can run a game?

You can sign up for a slot without one, if you have too many slots, you'll be asked if you have a concrete ruleset/game idea in mind.

Otherwise, it is technically true that you must have a ruleset before you can run a game, since players need to know what is going on, and the ruleset must be cleared by the committee. Improv GM could be too spicy for everyone :P 

Edited by Kasimir

38 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You can sign up for a slot without one, if you have too many slots, you'll be asked if you have a concrete ruleset/game idea in mind.

Otherwise, it is technically true that you must have a ruleset before you can run a game, since players need to know what is going on, and the ruleset must be cleared by the committee. Improv GM could be too spicy for everyone :P 

True. :P Do I need to invent one myself, though?