GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

As you may have noticed, we have a new game format!! The rules are here; I'd encourage everyone to take a read and make sure they make sense. Questions about the format can go in this thread.

We'll be starting our first Break Tank in 3-4 weeks, run by yours truly! :D Signups will go up after the LG signups end. 

This is a very inexhaustive list, but to get you thinking, here are some of the ideas that have been considered in the past for Break Tanks:

• @A Joe in the Bush: "I'm putting in an official request to run a Break Tank game. Tested Rule: There is no form of communication outside the thread, including the Elim doc. Elims still start knowing who each other are."
  • @little wilson: MR1 rerun (...maybe), in particular the boon/bane mechanic
  • @Young Bard: An anonymous Evil Doc, and the vote changes alignment instead of removing a player from the game. (Elim majority or extinction ends the game, with some other mechanism preventing the game from going on forever.) (Discussed at length on Discord here)
  • @A Joe in the Bush / @Straw: Polarity Hunt 

Post in here or PM any mod if you want to sign up for a Break Tank slot. In general, try to sign up after you know approximately what you want to run, rather than just signing up so you have a slot later. As a reminder, you cannot run a Break Tank for the first game you GM.

27 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

hey i'd like a preemptive lg slot ples

16 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

... this is a bad idea...

Ah, what the heck. I'll take a Break Tank game slot. I'd like to test my Battle mechanics before I try and tie them to a game's events.

Done and done.

Did any of the game proposal / moderation team change this AG? I have some ideas that I should probably get rolling. (Although I might have to hold off on my blackout, because playing 3 blackouts in 5 games might get a wee bit old. Idk, we'll see. I have backups.)

6 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Did any of the game proposal / moderation team change this AG? I have some ideas that I should probably get rolling. (Although I might have to hold off on my blackout, because playing 3 blackouts in 5 games might get a wee bit old. Idk, we'll see. I have backups.)

Oh yeah, Hael and Bard are retiring. Kas and Archer are in. It's updated in the OP. 

Edited by |TJ|

• The game begins with most of the players unaligned. Few of the players are aligned as Radiant Spren and the Fused. 
  • The game begins on N0, a 24 hr period during which the Radiant Spren and the Fused chat up with prospective candidates for Radiants and host of new Fused.
  • The spren and the Fused then submits a 5-player list in a priority order, from the player they’d most want to bond to the least. A Fused may or may not be able to select more than one candidate for the new Fused to take over.
  • If a player is chosen by more than 1 spren or Fused as the first priority, they are not matched and the next level of priority is checked, and so on.
  • If a player is not selected at the end of N0, they begin the game as Singers. The spren which are unbonded at the end of N0 can choose to bond again at any point in the game. Singers can be converted later in the game if the spren decides to bond them.
  • The Fused are not given a doc to plan in N0. However, both the original and the newly initiated Fused are given a doc at the beginning of D1.

I'm not even sure if I'll be allowed to run this xD Buuut if I ever get to run this game, I need to check if the bonding system works, and for that I think Break Tank will work just fine. So, I'm requesting a Break Tank with a single 24-hour cycle - N0.

16 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I’ll take a BT slot. I’ll do something with it some weekend some time :P

5 hours ago, Tani said:

I'd like to drop all the game slots I currently have (I think it's just an MR?) and request a Break Tank instead.

Please recall that we strongly encourage signing up only once you have a specific idea in mind. :P Do either of you? 

Just now, Elbereth said:

Please recall that we strongly encourage signing up only once you have a specific idea in mind. :P Do either of you? 

Hmmm

I don't know how I missed that. I have a couple of ideas. One is I set up a game where everyone sets aside 10-12 hours or so of time they can dedicate to a game, and we play a game where the only way for an exe to happen is if half + 1 of the players alive. Turns don't end until that happens. And the turn ends as soon as it does happen.

Either that or a more formalized 1 hour per turn kind of thing, like each hour of real life corresponds to an hour of in game time. And I'd probably add a mechanic where each vote added on you makes you X% more likely to die.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Hmmm

I don't know how I missed that. I have a couple of ideas. One is I set up a game where everyone sets aside 10-12 hours or so of time they can dedicate to a game, and we play a game where the only way for an exe to happen is if half + 1 of the players alive. Turns don't end until that happens. And the turn ends as soon as it does happen.

Either that or a more formalized 1 hour per turn kind of thing, like each hour of real life corresponds to an hour of in game time. And I'd probably add a mechanic where each vote added on you makes you X% more likely to die.

Alright, so majority-exe with variable turn times or probabilistic exe. Noted. :P 

5 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Alright, so majority-exe with variable turn times or probabilistic exe. Noted. :P 

Maybe I should sign up for two slots? Because both of those sound like fun ideas to me. :P

But I also don't want to have most of the BT slots :P

43 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

And I'd probably add a mechanic where each vote added on you makes you X% more likely to die.

Should note this one has been partly trialed in QF29, where there was one cycle Lopen apparently just said 'screw it' and created a group PM to send us all the dead doc link :P It was the Red Wedding, that's for sure.

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Should note this one has been partly trialed in QF29, where there was one cycle Lopen apparently just said 'screw it' and created a group PM to send us all the dead doc link :P It was the Red Wedding, that's for sure.

Hmmm.

What do you mean partly trialed?

EDIT: Okay wait.

What if there was a game where most of the elims were publicly known at the start of the game, and each took two tries to kill. But there were 1 or 2 who were unknown. And there'd be this interesting dynamic of trying to exe different players who aren't publicly known to be elim to see if you can get a reaction from players who are publicly elims.

Edited by StrikerEZ

13 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

What do you mean partly trialed?

% votes isn't new - it's one of several mechanics that featured in QF29 so there is in fact a baseline. It's just muddled by some other mechanics as well.

No further comment on anything else as I feel El will gut me if I contribute to further derailment of the sign-up thread and I like my guts inside my me :P 

Edited by Kasimir