GM Signups & Discussion Thread

Elbereth

10 minutes ago, Illwei said:

after these 10 it's mat then me

is there really no one here who is available? it's been a week

I could run my LG except it needs like

25 people to function

So I can’t actually run my LG. Probably not until the summer when more people sign up for games, idk.

But I think Ash said he could, and Sart as well.

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I could run my LG except it needs like

25 people to function

So I can’t actually run my LG. Probably not until the summer when more people sign up for games, idk.

But I think Ash said he could, and Sart as well.

I mean Sart isn't on the LG queue so if no one else could who was pinged I was gonna be like 

:eyes: :P. 

Edited by Illwei

I wonder if we should come up with a way to get a better flow of games when player/GM numbers are down for whatever reason. Maybe have a few premade simple rulesets in each format that people can run without giving up their place on the list (maybe for just the shorter formats, or it could work for LGs as well). It seems like right now we have the combination of a bunch of busy GMs + a bunch of GMs that want to wait to run their game until more players are available, and this will likely recur in the future around this time of year. We are getting games up eventually, but there is a lot more downtime than at least I would prefer.

Edited by Araris Valerian

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Maybe have a few premade simple rulesets in each format that people can run without giving up their place on the list (maybe for just the shorter formats, or it could work for LGs as well).

I like this idea, I think we should do this.

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I wonder if we should come up with a way to get a better flow of games when player/GM numbers are down for whatever reason. Maybe have a few premade simple rulesets in each format that people can run without giving up their place on the list (maybe for just the shorter formats, or it could work for LGs as well). It seems like right now we have the combination of a bunch of busy GMs + a bunch of GMs that want to wait to run their game until more players are available, and this will likely recur in the future around this time of year. We are getting games up eventually, but there is a lot more downtime than at least I would prefer.

Thirded. Minimally vanilla / vanilla + scanner after the QF1 template, I would think.

Tyrian might be a tough ask, I don't think they've played with that few but it has a lot of distro flexibility.

On 10/1/2021 at 10:10 AM, Kasimir said:

Tyrian might be a tough ask, I don't think they've played with that few but it has a lot of distro flexibility.

I think there's just generally a lot of easy potential with mistborn game themes :p. I'd honestly say look to what Straw's done here with his re-runs- your spot has come up in que and you don't know what to do but there's a lot of games that have been run, and have either easy setups already or have easily adaptable setups for small player counts. I'd second the whole Vanilla+/++ being better for low player counts though.

Also have I already asked for an MR spot or did I forget

On 10/1/2021 at 1:10 PM, Kasimir said:

Thirded. Minimally vanilla / vanilla + scanner after the QF1 template, I would think.

Yeah, I'm on break the next few days, so I might go through some of the old games (particularly QFs and MRs) and pick out some of the simpler rulesets that would be easy for GMs to run with fewer players.

Alright, I think I'm doing the next Quick Fix. Just in case, here's the list of people ahead of me in the listings.

1. @Orlok Tsubodai
  2. @CadCom
  3. @Kidpen
  4. @Fifth Scholar
  5. @Young Bard
  6. @Haelbarde
  7. @Elbereth
  8. Me

I finally got my pass, so I'm really excited to share it with you all. If anyone on this list wishes to go first though, please respond soon.

55 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Pinged Ash on the Discord earlier, he said he's going to hopefully have signups by saturday if commitee approves it and he's going to try and send it in tomorrow

Right the discord exists. Cool thanks

I’m going to try to come up with a simple low player count format for each game length sometime in the next week, but I have a surprisingly low amount of free time so it might be longer than that before it happens.

11 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Right the discord exists. Cool thanks

I’m going to try to come up with a simple low player count format for each game length sometime in the next week, but I have a surprisingly low amount of free time so it might be longer than that before it happens.

I have some ideas I'm just really bad with settings and things :p. 

i feel like the general mistborn games/roles are easy with this as long as people understand how to balance

On 10/7/2021 at 5:17 PM, Matrim's Dice said:
On 10/7/2021 at 7:34 PM, Illwei said:

Pinged Ash on the Discord earlier, he said he's going to hopefully have signups by saturday if commitee approves it and he's going to try and send it in tomorrow

So... I don't think this is going to happen. Well, obviously this didn't happen, but I'm starting to question whether it can happen at all. This week is midterms, and somehow I thought I could get a game up and running then. Which honestly I probably could, because I'd be done with midterms by the time it started, but I'd need time to actually put together the final ruleset and that's time I don't really have right now. I'm swamped enough as it is.

So... I guess if someone else wants to grab the LG slot with something they can write up and approve quickly, they can. I might still see if I can get my rules all polished and Kas-proof if I have any free time I can devote to it.

(I'll probably post this on Discord too, if I get the chance. As you can see it's rather late.)

14 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

So... I guess if someone else wants to grab the LG slot with something they can write up and approve quickly, they can. I might still see if I can get my rules all polished and Kas-proof if I have any free time I can devote to it.

I think Aonar-proof is the standard you want :P 

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I can take it if no one else is going to-

but

uh

how would one go abouts doing that?

Go for it :P You PM the committee with the ruleset (They're listed in the signup spreadsheet but I think it's Straw/Sart/Aman/STINK/Hael/Fifth plus the mods and whoever I'm forgetting) and then they review it and approve it. You need two approvals to put up signups. I think with your ruleset that won't be too hard :P

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Go for it :P You PM the committee with the ruleset (They're listed in the signup spreadsheet but I think it's Straw/Sart/Aman/STINK/Hael/Fifth plus the mods and whoever I'm forgetting) and then they review it and approve it. You need two approvals to put up signups. I think with your ruleset that won't be too hard :P

If they veto it then i think something has gone horribly wrong

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a few days since the QF ended, so let's start trying to get an MR going.

The list:
1. @StrikerEZ - Anonymous/blackout
2. @Matrim's Dice
3. @Mist
4. @StrikerEZ and @DrakeMarshall - Anonymous
5. Me - Don't have a pass, but I think @Kasimir had offered one to me for a Firefly game
6. Striker again
7. @The Unknown Order

I can probably run an MR if no one else is available, but it might be a few days before signups go up since I need to finalize the rules (or I can rerun an old MR)

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

It's been a few days since the QF ended, so let's start trying to get an MR going.

The list:
1. @StrikerEZ - Anonymous/blackout
2. @Matrim's Dice
3. @Mist
4. @StrikerEZ and @DrakeMarshall - Anonymous
5. Me - Don't have a pass, but I think @Kasimir had offered one to me for a Firefly game
6. Striker again
7. @The Unknown Order

I can probably run an MR if no one else is available, but it might be a few days before signups go up since I need to finalize the rules (or I can rerun an old MR)

Oh hmm ok

I think I can do it. Starting next week my afternoons will be more open (at least for a time) so it’d be decently convenient…

I’ll plan on taking the spot unless I hear otherwise from Striker today, if that’s fine. Signups would ideally go up tomorrow.