Anniversary Game 7/Anonymous Game 9: From Embers, A Flame

Elbereth

Journal of Solemnheart, Day Seven Post-Illumination, Taldain

I thought this would be my final entry. Perhaps it will not be. Perhaps it will. Only time will tell.

Have you ever wondered, searching through the cosmere - the cosmos - if you would find something that would interest you? Not just interest you, but draw you in, nearly consume you to the point of sheer... joy is not the right word. Excitement. Purpose? It is on the tip of my tongue... no matter. Today, the day I thought for certain I would lose this thread keeping my body together, I have found it.

Seeing as I was sequestered to Taldain, I decided to continue my search. I made more of my glass, light and dark. They both seem to stay the same, although the white glass reacts as Invested to everything except the touch of my skin, which still . I am sending a few samples enclosed in these packages; I would encourage someone to attempt to Infuse them with Roshar's Investiture. But although I did craft some nice pieces, including a lens set, I grew bored of the black sands. So I visited Darkside.

And all the world was Shattered, for I could see the stars.

The stars! I had never truly gotten a look at them; Taldain is accursed to be forever tidally locked in the same position, and while the Cognitive Realm has its own wonders, it has only has an inkling of what a sun should be. But the same curse that makes seeing the stars impossible on half of Taldain makes them ever so clear on the other. I knew at once this had been the initial meaning of my life. The readiness I identified constellations that some Darksiders did not even recognize, the darting of my eyes across the wonder of The Scar free from light pollution... even the lenses I had created only a few days ago.

It would be a lie to say that view - which for all I know will be my last sight in this world - made everything worthwhile and that I could pass in peace. But it would be close.

And there is one more thing, that filled me with what I can truly describe as... lamentation. A rejoicing lament, but a lament all the same. My eye was repeatedly drawn to one, single, inconspicuous star. At first I did not understand, and then I began discussing with one of the local worldhoppers. While they have not visited that system, it is inhabited.

I have found my home.

And no matter how long I live I cannot return to it, for it is beyond any worldhopper's reach.

It seems, the last time someone visited it, they ensured that forever.

They think that person was Ruin.

I know that person was me.

-Solemnheart

Ostrich. The evidence against you is too much not to join this train. 

5 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I thought this would be my final entry. Perhaps it will not be. Perhaps it will. Only time will tell.

Have you ever wondered, searching through the cosmere - the cosmos - if you would find something that would interest you? Not just interest you, but draw you in, nearly consume you to the point of sheer... joy is not the right word. Excitement. Purpose? It is on the tip of my tongue... no matter. Today, the day I thought for certain I would lose this thread keeping my body together, I have found it.

Seeing as I was sequestered to Taldain, I decided to continue my search. I made more of my glass, light and dark. They both seem to stay the same, although the white glass reacts as Invested to everything except the touch of my skin, which still . I am sending a few samples enclosed in these packages; I would encourage someone to attempt to Infuse them with Roshar's Investiture. But although I did craft some nice pieces, including a lens set, I grew bored of the black sands. So I visited Darkside.

And all the world was Shattered, for I could see the stars.

The stars! I had never truly gotten a look at them; Taldain is accursed to be forever tidally locked in the same position, and while the Cognitive Realm has its own wonders, it has only has an inkling of what a sun should be. But the same curse that makes seeing the stars impossible on half of Taldain makes them ever so clear on the other. I knew at once this had been the initial meaning of my life. The readiness I identified constellations that some Darksiders did not even recognize, the darting of my eyes across the wonder of The Scar free from light pollution... even the lenses I had created only a few days ago.

It would be a lie to say that view - which for all I know will be my last sight in this world - made everything worthwhile and that I could pass in peace. But it would be close.

And there is one more thing, that filled me with what I can truly describe as... lamentation. A rejoicing lament, but a lament all the same. My eye was repeatedly drawn to one, single, inconspicuous star. At first I did not understand, and then I began discussing with one of the local worldhoppers. While they have not visited that system, it is inhabited.

I have found my home.

And no matter how long I live I cannot return to it, for it is beyond any worldhopper's reach.

It seems, the last time someone visited it, they ensured that forever.

They think that person was Ruin.

I know that person was me.

-Solemnheart

Are you trying to counter my claim on Ruin? I’m pretty sure it’s not possible for anyone besides me to be Ruin, regardless of the content of my GM PM, simply because I’m the only one who could’ve destroyed both Shadesmar and Ashyn. If this is not supposed to be you claiming Ruin, let me now, otherwise... it’s another reason to come back and lynch you next cycle.

1 hour ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

Hmm, I think I will join the vote on Ostrich rather than voting on Rhino. There seems to be a strong case against them in my opinion.

It's terribly sad that my adopted child is evil. :( How could you do this to me, Ostrich?

cAZkDSBsbPZA6Dv0gvVbLrwLXP4Ih0L3VCowuNBPMRZcJ71Okw5ETHkTe1VSaebzC9yoy3dL9B7kYthCkq45OvE31RVGdsCSmUixJ3Olft7zvldvResYkdUwroVVPg1yYq965S_K

"It's funny that you weren't at all suspicious about how my previous 6 parents died. Frankly, I blame Rayse for being a terrible father to me. Also, I'll be seeing you tonight parent. I know where you sleep now."

Edited by Fuchsia Ostrich

So I am dead.

Not today, it seems, but dead all the same. Technically I am dead any way. A missive I received from a planet called Nalathis seemed to have a similar peculiarity before the death of Endownment, but I have not been able to track down any more information. But I am... a Cognitive Shadow, tied to all three realms by strings waiting to lose enough power to be cut and fade me into oblivion.

And at least my Physical ties will be cut, soon. Perhaps today. Perhaps tonight. Perhaps the next day but I think no later. If the power of Preservation is activated I may draw further breath, but I have seen my home and its sorrows and I have seen the stars.

So, here is what together makes a... will, I believe is the term?

Azure Mouse, while it is you that have certainly killed me, you did so with honor and did not let the words of the damned go unheeded. For that I thank you. If somehow you find this original journal... look in its back cover. You may find it Illuminating.

Opal Lion, the new Vessel... if you are on Sel still, please take care of Opa.

Melon Dingo... no. Just... no.

Saffron Iguana, I would appreciate if you took up my work.

Farewell, until we meet again.

-Solemnheart

19 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

I can confirm that Chameleon and Weasel were not in the Rosharan system N2.

@Scarlet Octopus, where were you N2?

10 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

@Scarlet Octopus I see you viewing the thread. I asked before, which planet were you on N2? Just to clear something else up.

@little wilson @Elbereth can I get a vote count?

6 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

ᴀꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ @Scarlet Octopus, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇᴄʜɴɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ  @Pearl Chameleon ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ꜰɪʟᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ.

I was on Braize. The only one there. Odium could have been concerned about Valor, since I did look pretty obvious, and since I was on Braize C1 also, they could have also been suspicious of my non-concern.

I'm going to post every cycle. Sorry I've been being so inactive. 

1 minute ago, Scarlet Octopus said:

I was on Braize. The only one there. Odium could have been concerned about Valor, since I did look pretty obvious, and since I was on Braize C1 also, they could have also been suspicious of my non-concern.

I'm going to post every cycle. Sorry I've been being so inactive. 

"Ah fiddlesticks. I was counting on inactivity to kill you. Now I have to kill two parents tonight."

4 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

"Ah fiddlesticks. I was counting on inactivity to kill you. Now I have to kill two parents tonight."

"You're trying to kill me? Why would you do that? Especially if it's your parents." 

No, but really. :rolleyes:

Edit: sorry, I was saying why are you trying to kill people, not specifically me.

Edit 2: I mean no duh but huh.

Edited by Scarlet Octopus

5 minutes ago, Scarlet Octopus said:

"You're trying to kill me? Why would you do that? Especially if it's your parents." 

"Children need a creative outlet to express their emotions in order to grow up healthy and mentally stable. My emotions are love, and Daddy Rayse taught me that murder and terror are good ways to express that."

1 minute ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

"Children need a creative outlet to express their emotions in order to grow up healthy and mentally stable. My emotions are love, and Daddy Rayse taught me that murder and terror are good ways to express that."

Okay where's the person who decided that Odium was the right parent I have some complaints