Anniversary Game 7/Anonymous Game 9: From Embers, A Flame

Elbereth

Journal of Solemnheart, Day Seven Post-Illumination, Taldain

Thank you for answering my questions, Azure, as I still have a curious soul. As I have said, I cannot really refute anything you say, just my own intentions. I do not have much desire to claim - as somehow I doubt it would help, and I am already nervous about the security of people's abilities. I do wonder about the honesty of your scanners, however. Redirect claims would be helpful.

As to what you specifically asked me:

6 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

(@Plum Rhinoceros, I'm curious; since you were fourth, why even join a train Gecko was on? At the point I first piled the vote, Beagle hadn't responded, and by the time I got back (as I said in thread), it was really late, Gecko was solidly on the way to an execution, and I dislike last minute votes on principle unless necessary so I didn't see a reason to swap trains like that.)

At the time... I don't think I noticed whether Gecko was on it, but I do like for there to be alternatives to a single (or even double) execution bandwagon. And I would think that Gecko would have joined any execution train that was not his own at that point.

Seeing as I meant to submit this paragraph four hours ago, I do not know how much difference anything else I say makes. I shall continue my research on the sands of Taldain.

Farewell.

-Solemnheart

[OOC: Alright, we're a little under 12 hours to go to cycle close, so here goes. As I've hinted on a previous cycle, I scan actions. I scanned Ostrich last Turn (N3) for reasons and found Ostrich was using a Shardic action. I also know Ostrich claimed to Opal Lion to have done nothing the previous night.

That's one thing. The other thing is that I have information on a number of Shards, but the three that remain unknown are: Cultivation, Mercy, and Odium. Honour at al are irrelevant to this as Shattered Shards have no Shardic actions. Moreover, as there are no Shattered Shards (or ones that can be mended, anyway), there is little reason for Cultivation to use a Shardic. I could have been redirected, that's true. If someone Village-side hit me with a redirect, would be good to let me know. And if there is a false claimant among the known Shards, it'd be good to know too. Otherwise, I'd say 2/3rd odds of a hostile Shard look like pretty good odds, don't they?]

7 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

[OOC: Alright, we're a little under 12 hours to go to cycle close, so here goes. As I've hinted on a previous cycle, I scan actions. I scanned Ostrich last Turn (N3) for reasons and found Ostrich was using a Shardic action. I also know Ostrich claimed to Opal Lion to have done nothing the previous night.

That's one thing. The other thing is that I have information on a number of Shards, but the three that remain unknown are: Cultivation, Mercy, and Odium. Honour at al are irrelevant to this as Shattered Shards have no Shardic actions. Moreover, as there are no Shattered Shards (or ones that can be mended, anyway), there is little reason for Cultivation to use a Shardic. I could have been redirected, that's true. If someone Village-side hit me with a redirect, would be good to let me know. And if there is a false claimant among the known Shards, it'd be good to know too. Otherwise, I'd say 2/3rd odds of a hostile Shard look like pretty good odds, don't they?]

Cultivation had no reason whatsoever to use a Shardic action, as there are no Shattered (and healable) Shards currently.

Rhino. While I still think Rhino is likely evil as per other mechanics, exeing an evil Shard would be far better. Ostrich unless a village claims to have redirected Mouse.

[OOC: Just a few points of order:

-Rhino, the scanners could be lying, yes. But considering you were scanned across two separate Turns by two separate scanners (lets call them A and B, though I have already alluded to who they are in the table), and someone else (C) scanned one of the scanners scanning you (scanception?), I feel like it'd take a lot of Elim coordination or bad luck with redirects for all three to be mistaken.

-Technically, Cultivation could've been hoping to put a Shattered Shard back together in the same Turn it has been Shattered. It would help if I'd been able to scan @Fuchsia Ostrich's target too, but unfortunately I can't yet do so. The problem with that is that firing blindly does put Cultivation at risk of being detected by, say, an action scanner.]

Edited by Azure Mouse

28 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Rhino. While I still think Rhino is likely evil as per other mechanics, exeing an evil Shard would be far better. Ostrich unless a village claims to have redirected Mouse.

@Azure Mouse it was pointed out to me that in the rules:

• If you’re redirected, you will know because the PM will show your new target.

From the rules. I don't know what the results show for your action, but it should let people know if you were redirected as far as I see. 

Ostrich for dramatics

Just now, Opal Lion said:

From the rules. I don't know what the results show for your action, but it should let people know if you were redirected as far as I see. 

[OOC: God, it's been over a week and I'm still learning how to play this game >>

So noted with thanks, then I was not redirected.]

1 hour ago, Violet Axolotl said:

@Scarlet Octopus I see you viewing the thread. I asked before, which planet were you on N2? Just to clear something else up.

@little wilson @Elbereth can I get a vote count?

[OOC: Not the mods, but here's my tracker:

Rhino (8): Axolotl<1>, Hyena, Mouse<1>, Flamingo, Zebra, Albatross, Dingo, Scorpion, Swan, Iguana
Ostrich (3): Lion, Mouse<2>, Axolotl<2>

]

Rhino, Ostrich.

Rhino (8): Charcoal Hyena, Onyx Flamingo, Quartz Zebra, Albatross, Dingo, Scorpion, Iguana, Ostrich
Fuschia Ostrich (4): Opal Lion, Mouse, Axolotl, Swan

Mercy doesn't have nightly Shardic actions and Cultivation can't preemptively heal Shards since Cultivation's Shardic occurs before kills, which would make Ostrich Odium if Mouse is relaying correct information. Removing Odium as opposed to a different elim doesn't accomplish a whole lot because they can pass the Shard off to a teammate by Investing in them before dying but that's still something. We can at least make sure one of these two dies even if Mercy gets involved.

Just now, Coral Swan said:

Rhino, Ostrich.

Rhino (8): Charcoal Hyena, Onyx Flamingo, Quartz Zebra, Albatross, Dingo, Scorpion, Iguana, Ostrich
Fuschia Ostrich (4): Opal Lion, Mouse, Axolotl, Swan

Mercy doesn't have nightly Shardic actions and Cultivation can't preemptively heal Shards since Cultivation's Shardic occurs before kills, which would make Ostrich Odium if Mouse is relaying correct information. Removing Odium as opposed to a different elim doesn't accomplish a whole lot because they can pass the Shard off to a teammate by Investing in them before dying but that's still something. We can at least make sure one of these two dies even if Mercy gets involved.

[OOC: Slight point of order - Mercy does have an indiscriminate hoover nightly Shard action. 

During the night, Mercy may target a player. All actions that would have targeted that player now target Mercy.

Could be used as an interrupt, though Mercy definitely does not want to intercept a kill. Good point about Cultivation's Shardic - I misread OoA and stand corrected. This looks more and more fishy then.]

8 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Plum Rhinoceros (6): Amethyst Scorpion, Fuchsia Ostrich, Magenta Albatross, Melon Dingo, Onyx Flamingo, Saffron Iguana
Fuchsia Ostrich (5): Azure Mouse, Coral Swan, Opal Lion, Quartz Zebra,  Violet Axolotl

2 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Cultivation had no reason whatsoever to use a Shardic action, as there are no Shattered (and healable) Shards currently.

@little wilson

ɪ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀɢᴜᴍᴇɴᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏꜱᴛʀɪᴄʜ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ɪꜱ ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʀʜɪɴᴏ ᴀꜱ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ'ꜱ ɪɴᴠᴇꜱᴛᴇᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴄʏᴄʟᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴀ ꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ɪꜱ ᴀ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴ ɪɴᴠᴇꜱᴛᴇᴇ, ɪ'ʟʟ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴍʏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʀʜɪɴᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴏꜱᴛʀɪᴄʜ.

ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀɪᴛ, ʀʜɪɴᴏ - ꜱᴇᴇᴍꜱ ᴏꜱᴛʀɪᴄʜ ʜᴀꜱ ᴀɴ ᴇᴀʀʟɪᴇʀ ᴀᴘᴘᴏɪɴᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ.