Anniversary Game 7/Anonymous Game 9: From Embers, A Flame

Elbereth

Spoiler

Investiture: During the day, Odium can target another player, investing them with Odium’s power. During the night, the invested player can target a player not holding a Shard, killing them. If the invested player targets a Shard (including splintered Shards), the attack appears the same as if the person was protected. Unlike Odium, the investee may target any player regardless of world.

@Plum Rhinoceros Emphases mine. For there to have been a kill, Team Odium must needs a player who can wield the kill. Unless you're roleclaiming otherwise, you are a logical suspect because you fit the prerequisites for the kill. As do I. As does Axolotl.

Edited to add: Rhino, Gecko because I probably won't be back before the rollover.

[OOC]

Edited by Azure Mouse

"okay mistah bird of prey, i shall answer your sushpishuns here, as i cud not reply in time before the cycle closed."

There are three factors in this. First, the order of votes was Gecko (tieing Croc and Kangaroo, after vote manipulation is taken into account), Elephant (putting Croc in the lead), and Kangaroo (equalising again). That means that Gecko, as an Elim would have seen the vote as a coin flip, with a 50% chance that their save wouldn't work and have suspicion cast on Gecko as well. Elephant, by contrast, could have felt comfortable in the thought that saving a teammate would not be immediately noticed.

"coulda shifted to kanga then? if im oc, why wouldai take a chance, a 50 percent chance of saving a fella oc at the risk of sush on me. thats one more elim identity at risk ta be revealed."

This is false - as of the time that you removed your vote, you put Kangaroo as the leading candidate (after vote manipulation was taken into account.) It's only through Kangaroo's self-preservation vote after that caused a tie, leading to Croc dying in a coin flip. So the short answer is, you didn't vote on Kangaroo, because at that moment, you didn't need to.

(The main flaw with this plan is to ask why Elephant didn't remove his vote sooner, when it would cast less suspicion, instead of in the final 5 minutes of the cycle. I suspect it may be because they simply weren't online until then. Their previous post was 10 hours before rollover, when Crocodile and Kangaroo were tied on 3 votes each.)

"issa false. i was on before. here is da proof. i had a pm with mistah ocho - scarlet octopus (the only one i had in d1) courteshy of old Prudie. the posht you refer, in which i changed my vote shows ta me as at dec 30, 07:56am. ive sent a message to mistah ocho at dec 30, 07:02am. a whole 54 mins before i poshted da posht. i was defo online before that, but dis is da earliest i was can prove i was on. ask @Scarlet Octopus. 54 mins gap. ocho. check it.

Fair. This does lesson my suspicion of you a fair bit. (Thanks Octopus for confirming this as well.) For that reason, I'll add my vote to the train on Taupe Gecko.

"posht like this takes time. especshully for the final para where i had to go front and back through the thread to check who gave what reashuns ta vote. meanin i typed up the posht as and when i was analysin da thread. shure, it said "taupe gecko has replied show reply" when sumwon says somethin when yar typin somethin. but i never click on show reply becosh i did it once while writing a big posht, and the shard got hungry and ate it off. issa rule of da shard. the bigger the posht, the hungrier the shard. there ish a 11 min gap between geckos and my posht, but issa valid becosh i had to go run a chore in between as well."

"so i completely missed geckos vote. issa evident when i asked in da night cycle that there be another fella on braize who vote for kanga as in my mind it was a 2 vote difference." 

"and now im defo more sushpishus of gecko. not only vote removed from them. not only vote added to beagle. but both those plus the mershy's investing. all three together plus gecko forgettin that they were inveshted? too much coincidence. there be a propper effort to save them. issa good for fellas with kill items ta use on them." 

This is a fair point. I could say Elim!Elephant was monitoring the thread and had a vote switch prepared if there was a chance of saving Croc which you wouldn't post otherwise, but that's definitely grasping at straws, and I don't think I really believe it, thinking about it. (There's also the possibility of both Gecko and Elephant being Elims, but I find it highly unlikely that 2 Elims would both cast suspicion on themselves Day 1.)

Opal Lion, Bearer of the Shard of Prudence, Keeper of PM's, could I please have a PM with Azure Mouse? I want to hear what this process of Elimination is that Mouse mentioned, because I had a mild trust on Axolotl before this, and was neutral on Rhino and Mouse.

35 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

Opal Lion, Bearer of the Shard of Prudence, Keeper of PM's, could I please have a PM with Azure Mouse? I want to hear what this process of Elimination is that Mouse mentioned, because I had a mild trust on Axolotl before this, and was neutral on Rhino and Mouse.

(next time the GMs look at my PM? ye.)

3 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

[OOC: Ngl I'm considering saying it out in the thread simpliciter. I've been hinting really strongly at it right now and I think a decent chunk of the Village right now are being embarrassingly childish in trying to ostrich their way through this one. It's not rocket science, the Elims already likely have guessed what I'm hinting at, and there's really nothing in keeping this back except self-pleasuring, for which tools exist. Secrecy isn't my hobby and I don't see the need to do it here.

But can we still have that PM, or do I need to bribe you into one with the promise of an explanation? :P ]

Edited by Azure Mouse

1 hour ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

Oh! Penguin and i do be speaking and there was a thought had! Anyone feel like seeing what our delightful gms would show up as from an awakened scanny snan? Are they shards? are they greater than shards? What is greater than deific! 

I am very curious bout this.

Night 3: Silverlight PD vs the Great Green Dragon

Part_1.png

Part_2.png

Part_3.png

Part_4.pngPart_5.pngPart_6.png

Taupe Gecko (13): Azure Mouse, Charcoal Hyena, Coral Swan, Fuchsia Ostrich, Ivory Dragonfly, Magenta Albatross, Melon Dingo, Onyx Flamingo, Plum Rhinoceros, Quartz Zebra, Saffron Iguana, Sage Kangaroo, Sapphire Elephant, Violet Axolotl
Magenta Albatross (2): Turquoise Gorilla
Plum Rhinoceros (1): Taupe Gecko

Taupe Gecko was removed! They were an Elantrian on Odium’s Champions!

The night has begun. It will end at 9 am MST on Saturday, 9 January. Get your orders in!

Player List
1. Amber Vulture -  (Creative Cook)
2. Amethyst Scorpion - Mort (Deathspren)
3. Azure Mouse - Tenth of the Dusk/Kaikoa (Bounty Hunter)
4. Charcoal Hyena - Soren (Hobbyist (Poet))
5. Chartreuse Penguin -  (Bumblebee)
6. Coral Swan - Enoras (Prophetic)
7. Cream Tuatara -  (Prophetic)
8. Fuchsia Ostrich - Konion (Unlucky orphan)
9. Indigo Weasel - Iadhain 'the Weasel' Ramer (Kleptomaniac )
10. Ivory Dragonfly - Eris (Decisive)
11. Magenta Albatross - Relas (Distracted)
12. Mauve Crocodile - Siena Ashao (Unlucky)Forger
13. Melon Dingo - Niru Drash (Insane-Egomaniac-Scholar)
14. Mint Heron - Nihalin (Hobbyist)Original Prudence
15. Onyx Flamingo -  (Excitable)
16. Opal Lion - Remy (Hobbyist)
17. Oxblood Beagle - Lady Orchid  (Gossip)Endowment
18. Pearl Chameleon -  (Compulsive Gambler)
19. Plum Rhinoceros - Solemnheart (Returned-Amnesiac-Scholar)
20. Quartz Zebra - Sophos (Bad Stormwarden)
21. Saffron Iguana - Vatorr Maj (Tinker)
22. Sage Kangaroo - Arleoxtai Ashvtet (Gossip)
23. Sapphire Elephant - Al (Drunk)
24. Scarlet Octopus -  ()
25. Taupe Gecko - Aurora (Bad Human)Elantrian
26. Turquoise Gorilla -  ()
27. Violet Axolotl - Sir Brockett (Elderly)

24 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Taupe Gecko (12): Azure Mouse, Charcoal Hyena, Coral Swan, Fuchsia Ostrich, Ivory Dragonfly, Magenta Albatross, Melon Dingo, Onyx Flamingo, Plum Rhinoceros, Saffron Iguana, Sage Kangaroo, Sapphire Elephant, Violet Axolotl [13]
Magenta Albatross (2): Turquoise Gorilla

[OOC: Interesting. I don't think Gecko moved from FotS - can anyone confirm this? If so, we have an extra vote on Magenta Albatross. Could be Culti's investee, if they didn't vote in-thread. If we postulate the same Elim Lightweaver from D3, things get messy since we have a further nullification to factor in - suppose they voted on Gecko. Changing a vote off Gecko gives us +1 to Magenta Albatross at the cost of -2 to the total of 13. If Gecko is still on FotS, -1. A bit too messy, though we could always have complex vote shenanigan interactions.

Edited to add: Okay. Suppose our Lightweaver didn't vote and swapped a vote off Gecko to Albatross. If so, we have a one vote deficit. So the possibilities:

A) Culti's Investee Sends In Secret Vote on Albatross (A+1)

Gecko is on FotS (G-1)

= A(2), G(12)

B ) Elim Lightweaver voted on Gecko and removes vote off Gecko to Albatross (G-2)

Gecko is on FotS (G-1)

Note: We now have 10 Gecko votes and are required to postulate Culti's Investee (G+1) and Autonomy (G+1) both voted on Gecko for the numbers to tally. A bit too complicated.

C) Elim Lightweaver Didn't Vote, Swapped Off Gecko To Albatross (G-1, A+1)

Gecko is on FotS (G-1)

Autonomy voted on Gecko (G+1)

= A(2), G(12)

Personally I favour A or C, no knowledge of which. I favour C slightly more because this shows a common/unchanged MO from the Elim Lightweaver (how do they have enough charges, though?) If we have some idea if whether Autonomy did vote, and on whom, I think we could begin to make sense of the possibilities. C is especially compelling because...a lot of players voted. 15 out of 23.

Edited to add #2: Alright, there's technically another possibility where Culti's Investee swaps off Gecko, but this is not fundamentally different from the Elim Lightweaver case, just with the names swapped. There still is something helpful about the possibility, of course.]

Edited by Azure Mouse

1 minute ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Though remember that the OCs can protect someone from the exe tomorrow.

Tenth of the Dusk supposed this was true. And at this point, he suspected it would work only once: he wondered if Mercy might going forwards try to shield even those of Adonalsium from the execution. Even a stay of execution harmed them and helped the Odious. Forcing everyone to guess or redo the execution seemed rather merciless to Tenth.

[OOC: Wouldn't be surprised if she starts doing it just to mess with us since we've had one success with Gecko. In truth, even delaying the execution on our side technically helps the Elims since it lets them rack up free kills assuming no successful protects. Given the rock-paper-scissors nature of the kills in this game, I suppose it's more likely it'll be a protracted thing since they could miskill too. On the bright side, Mercy can't save herself or Odium or any other Shards on that team that way :P 

Also, I think the simplest answer is Autonomy voted on Albatross and Gecko remained on FotS - I've been re-checking with the GMs and my assumption that Autonomy had to be on the same Shardworld to vote on someone is false, so that's not an issue here.]