Anniversary Game 7/Anonymous Game 9: From Embers, A Flame

Elbereth

4 hours ago, Dannex said:

Another option is that the word could vary by game. The GM could specify how they are going to write up the Death RPs, and the players could use terms that relate to that. Things like:
Poison
Behead
Strangle
Any sort of case-specific murder word.

Popping in here to note that the variety/neutrality of 'remove' is one of the reasons we chose it for the AG, and that @Fifth Scholar and I are both of the opinion above, that it could well turn into a word like 'elim' - that is, in general we call evil players elims, but in a particular game they'll be just as often called the current flavor name (e.g. Odium's Champions/OC in this game). If a GM wants to use flavoring of jailing, ostracism, exile, expulsion, etc, that could totally work!

Beyond that my vote is for removal/remove, maybe shortened to 'misrem' to replace mislynch. It's vague enough that it could be anything, which is an extremely nice change from trying to write a mob mentality mass kill decision 90% of the time. That gets so tiring after the first few games. :P

Edited by Elbereth

17 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Beyond that my vote is for removal/remove, maybe shortened to 'misrem' to replace mislynch. It's vague enough that it could be anything, which is an extremely nice change from trying to write a mob mentality mass kill decision 90% of the time. That gets so tiring after the first few games. :P

Especially when it's supposed to be a spontaneous mob mentality mass kill decision except the vote's tied three cycles in a row

Spoiler

:P

22 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Popping in here to note that the variety/neutrality of 'remove' is one of the reasons we chose it for the AG, and that @Fifth Scholar and I are both of the opinion above, that it could well turn into a word like 'elim' - that is, in general we call evil players elims, but in a particular game they'll be just as often called the current flavor name (e.g. Odium's Champions/OC in this game). If a GM wants to use flavoring of jailing, ostracism, exile, expulsion, etc, that could totally work!

I'm a very specific sort of busy. That is to say, very busy, but not so busy that I can't register my disappointment at this situation.

Is it just my ex-Catholicism, or is there some reason no one at all is suggesting excommunication, exorcism, or castigation? 

Plus, I've been putting the Kas into castigation since - wait.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I'm a very specific sort of busy. That is to say, very busy, but not so busy that I can't register my disappointment at this situation.

Is it just my ex-Catholicism, or is there some reason no one at all is suggesting excommunication, exorcism, or castigation? 

Plus, I've been putting the Kas into castigation since - wait.

Castigation, I love it!!!! Especially it sound like-well, you know what I’m thinking of

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Castigation, I love it!!!! Especially it sound like-well, you know what I’m thinking of

I love it too, but more seriously, I'll probably personally use something like 'X got mobbed' or 'mobbing'/'clubbing' - similar enough in syllables that I won't forget it immediately. 

I'm ambivalent about all of the suggestions, though a large part of that is probably familiarity bias.

With a lot of our roles, we've developed a name for them based on the first game to feature them, which often means the Mistborn roles from LG1 - even if it's not a Scadrial game (e.g. vote manipulation being referred to as Soothing, even if it's not a Mistborn game.) I could see something similar happening here - you can use either a game-specific term (which might be imprisonment, execution, hanging, etc., depending on the game) or a generic term coming from a game with a word we all liked. :P

sketch-1609142253995.png

Welcome to AG7!

All the PMs should be sent out now. If you have any troubles logging into your anonymous account, let us know, and we’ll fix that so you can get in. You’ll find your alignment information in your anonymous account PMs. Many of the anonymous accounts have PMs from past games in them. We are aware of this and are deleting them. If your account has past game PMs, don't worry about it unless it's still there in a day or two.

As a reminder, here are the anonymous account rules. Please read them thoroughly:

Anonymous game rules

There are a number of rules associated with the use of an Anonymous Account. Please follow them carefully. Given the potential for abuse of Anonymous Accounts, any rule breaking using the accounts will be dealt with harshly.

1. Do not change the password of the anonymous account you are issued, nor anything else about the account. The IM and the GMs will have access to all anonymous accounts for the duration of the game being played. Do not use your anonymous account to post in any thread other than the thread of the game it is currently being used for.
  2. Do not use the anonymous accounts to PM any non-anonymous account, other than the accounts of the GMs or the IM. Please do not use your normal accounts to PM anonymous accounts.
  3. Do not tell any other player or individual associated with SE if you are playing or not playing the Anonymous Game. Player identities will be revealed after the game, not on the death of their avatar. You are not forbidden from telling others your identity (truthfully or no), but we ask that you at least not use OOG confirming information. Part of the attraction of anonymous games is keeping identities obscured, and we’d like to ensure that nothing is certain while the game is ongoing.

If you’d like a PM with a single player or group of players (or anything in between), you’ll want to put the request in the thread, and Prudence will approve or deny requests as they see fit - if you don’t get your requested PM created the following turn, assume Prudence has decided not to allow it (or didn’t see the request).

For seon’s and anyone else who can create their own PMs - please include Fifth Scholar in all PMs. If you have a seon, you may only make one PM per cycle - please label that PM as a seon PM (preferably with your seon name) and the cycle number. Finally, here’s the official ruleset again. This day will end at 8 am MST on December 30th. Happy killing!

Player List
1. Amber Vulture - TBD (Creative Cook) 
2. Amethyst Scorpion - TBD (TBD) 
3. Azure Mouse - Tenth of the Dusk & Kaikoa (Bounty Hunter) 
4. Charcoal Hyena - Soren (Hobbyist (Poet)) 
5. Chartreuse Penguin - TBD (TBD) 
6. Coral Swan - Enoras (Prophetic) 
7. Cream Tuatara - TBD (Prophetic) 
8. Fuchsia Ostrich - Konion (Unlucky orphan) 
9. Indigo Weasel - TBD (TBD) 
10. Ivory Dragonfly - Eris (Decisive) 
11. Magenta Albatross - TBD (TBD) 
12. Mauve Crocodile - Siena Ashao (Unlucky) 
13. Melon Dingo - TBD (TBD) 
14. Mint Heron - TBD (Hobbyist) 
15. Onyx Flamingo - TBD (TBD) 
16. Opal Lion - TBD (TBD) 
17. Oxblood Beagle - TBD (Gossip) 
18. Pearl Chameleon - TBD (compulsive gambler ) 
19. Plum Rhinoceros - TBD (TBD) 
20. Quartz Zebra - TBD (TBD) 
21. Saffron Iguana - Vatorr Maj (Tinker) 
22. Sage Kangaroo - Arleoxtai Ashvtet (Gossip) 
23. Sapphire Elephant - Al (Drunk) 
24. Scarlet Octopus - TBD (TBD) 
25. Taupe Gecko - Aurora (Bad at Human) 
26. Turquoise Gorilla - TBD (TBD) 
27. Violet Axolotl - Sir Brockett (Elderly)

Edited by Elbereth

Figures you’d leave it up to your elders to break the ice. 

My life hasn’t been easy, you know. Naming the years gets confusing with all these worlds, but suffice it to say I’ve been around a long time. Maybe not as long as some of you god-types, but the years start graining on the bones and tearing at the mind after staring at the sun for decades on end.

The name’s Brockett. Sir Brockett to you, that is, though my frail memory can’t recall where the title came from. I feel it is legitimate. My veins would tremble and blow open before I went by a lie. That’s no further business to you. I’ll say what I like and you can be content with it, and that’s that. 

You lot remind me of that skirmish that took place some fifty years ago. I can’t remember which planet it occured, but it doesn’t seem to matter. They all died in the end, ‘cept for me. I’ve always had a knack for survival. A Boon and a Curse, some of you would say.

Anywho, I’m hoping that we can avoid another victory for Death. Death’s been gunning at me for years, and I’ve always said a firm no, though now I’m not sure. My aches get worse and worse day by day... But I’m here now, and if my title doesn’t influence me to help weed out those turned to the power of hate I don’t know what will.

That folk calling himself Scorpion can’t be anything but trouble. I remember an infestation of those things back in the day. The forsaken creatures were under the floorboards, crawling in the walls- gave my wife a near heart attack. After the swarm became too much, we were forced to abandon the residence, and I’ve hated the things ever since. As for my chosen name, Axolotl was the hardest thing to spell I could think of. Welcome to the real world, kids.

Vatorr always had a penchant for the dramatic, and when the stores had stopped sellin', or couldn't meet his demands, he made his own creations. Like Turbo Tyranny, the exploding crown, or Czar Star, it flew incredibly high with the help of coinshots. He looked around, he saw nothing interesting, so he started to tinker.

Al stumbled out of his bed with a terrrible headache. then promptly fell face-first on the floor. "Hgnhnnnnnn what was that dreaammmm?" he tried to remember as he tried to get back up.
something about someone breaking to pieces? ufff, i must be drunker that I thought. what to do about this head?? the amount i drink, i should have developed some sort of immunity for this. well, let's keep trying shall we? maybe i just need to drink more! right riiight, the dream. maybe itll start off where it left if i drink again huehuehue. not like i need any reason.
i remember some weird fella going on killing people. holy someone must have spiked my drink. ahhhh i should stop thinking. my headdddd.

Al noticed a bottle nearby and chugged it without a thought. Mhmm better. let me just- hold on??? where am i???

He seem to notice his surroundings for the first time, which he did not recognize at all. oh storms where the heck am i now?

He started for the door, reached and open it.  what is that?? One look and he closed the door. storming heck, im gonna need that bottle. He returned to the bed, grabbed the bottle and exited through the door. can someone please for the love all that is a poison to this brain, please tell me what is going onnnn? and that's when the dream came rushing back, as crystal as he was reliving it. "uh ok, so thats whats going on? got it. just gimme a minute guys" and he promptly fell to his knees and started puking as a bunch of others watched him with amused expression. "uhhhh, my bad. quite a first impreshun ehh? hai, im Al. and no, my last name ish not coholic but it may as well be huahuahuaa"

Edited by Sapphire Elephant

Keteking your greetings, I make words fit the pattern poorly, patterning the unfit wordmaker, I greet you ketekfully.

Salutations, I’ll be living this life entirely in forms of poetry.
Whether or not this is successful you will have to wait and see.
Wait and find out how bad my poetry is.
Will wordsmithing be great or will it sputter and fizz?
Await my inability to properly rhyme.
The failure is merely a matter of time.
The game is afoot and our demise is imminent.
In the world we live in, the game is immanent.
Did I use that line just so I could rhyme homonyms?
Indeed, my incapability is obvious and evident.
That previous couplet didn’t even rhyme truly.
Perhaps it is I who am frustrated unduly.
The rhymes are adequate enough from a certain perspective
Though maybe all of them are not very effective.
I’m adding one last couplet just to get sixteen lines.
Before I escape this form of poetry’s confines.

Let’s start from the top, with the win-cons and factions
Where the village faces off against Odium’s champions
There’s some Shards in the mix
For some trappings and tricks.
To win, Hate must exterminate, so prepare for action.

Autonomy must create Shadows of Self
Or to use the right term, “aspects” of itself.
Each world gets one,
Have some action fun
Win victory to be shared among yourself.

Survival, as the name implies, must Survive.
To aid with this, you get some extra lives.
You gotta vote on some peeps
Or you’ll get killed in your sleep
But for victory, prioritise staying alive.

Invention, the builder, the crafter, the great!
Make all of the toys, from kills to communicates.
Also, Invest on the side
Choose your Soldiers with pride
And admire the beautiful items you’ll create.

Now general Shards.
Splinters just have Investiture.
Shards get Shardic too.

Shards pass to Invests.
Dead Splinters die forever.
No Invests means death.

You can’t have two Shards.
If tried, play hot potato.
Snatched if passed to Shard

Self-targeting banned
Shards cannot be Invested.
Action does succeed.

Pass Shard to a corpse?
Will bounce to their Investee.
You don’t get it back.

Each player has two actions normally.
Invested players get an extra one.
You use each action once with no repeats
Though Ashyn gives you action repeat fun.

Your actions do include: Investing souls
And passing Shards and toys and doing tasks
But passing items: just one action toll
And oddly, moving planets doesn’t ask.

You’re told if you are roleblocked, not effects
Unless your role gives you results, good call.
Then you are given your new target next
To your results and then you know it all.

I wrote a sonnet, good for me, great job!
The rhymes all suck, I’m bad at this, it flopped.

Victory is not an easy feat.
Items are destroyed upon demise and aren’t revealed.
Completing the win-con means neutrals depart
Too many items will cause their destruction.
Obviously, full Shards don’t start with items.
Run from inactivity. It strikes you down at the whims of the gods of gods.
Yes, PMs are limited and at the whims of Prudence.

Behold!
Ordered actions.
Simplifying everything neatly.
Difficult to elaborate on.
Go look!

Alas, my skill at poetry is limited to minute things.
I shall return with more, I swear, but the rules are long and tiring.
Behold, my failings and weakness at analysis.
I told you from the start that it would come to this.
I only finished 5 pages before I failed.
To the mercy of the gods, I throw my hails.
This sacred mission forsaken.
I ask for mercy but receive only a message: “Awaken.”
I think I’ve started Dreaming-though-Awake.
Since on this ordinary day,
I was actually awake right from the start.
I hope my sanity won’t depart.
Sanity is an illusion, don’t you see?
Abandon hope and be like me.
The last sanctuary for the mad
Awaits us all, so smile, be glad.
Join us.

Later, I’ll return with information on the Shards
Though perhaps my idle musings won’t be helpful.
The chattering of weary teeth dost make for lovely music.
Of my sanity, I do think I am doubtful.

They got this poem from a local poet.
Soren is my name, but they don’t know it.
I foretold the doom of all the Shards;
They wrote me off as just a bard.
Now I laugh as they weep but will not show it.

Behold my madness, scrawled in bloody ink upon the walls.
Did I write this or did it write me? A lovely bloody tapestry.
The wonders of foresight are truly blessing to all.
Now that you know I was right, will you listen to me?

I warned of this; the end is nigh.
You laughed at me; you called me mad.
The enemy’s Chosen have arrived.

Through space we flee, though mist we fly.
In a twisted way, I think I’m glad.

The dead amass and tears you cry.
You should always trust the wise nomad.

I told you this would come on high.
I mourned our future dead comrades.

Look up at the darkening sky.
An omen of the days we’ll have.

For victory, we all will die.
Our fate ahead is truly sad.

Anyway, is anyone going to claim Autonomy/Invention/Survival? Invention should maybe not claim, since the elims might be interested in going after them, but it'd be nice to get Autonomy and Survival out of the way at least.

Re: Prudence PMs, I like PMs so I suppose I'll request one-on-one PMs with every player. @Prudence feel free to put me with whoever you want, I just want people to talk to. :P

Arleoxtai Ashvtet had heard a lot of rumors about his fellow Worldhoppers. He'd even managed to whip up a list of them and some of their notable quirks. Sadly, most of the listed people had no names, and a great many of them had no notable quirks either. Arleoxtai would have to discover those himself. As to what he did know, there was quite a bit of interesting information. Some strange individual named Aurora was "Bad at Human" and an unknown person was noted for being a fellow gossip. He'd have to make sure to talk to both of them at some point. ( @Oxblood Beagle @Taupe Gecko )

Edited by Sage Kangaroo

Siena Ashao, the unluckiest person alive, was on Braize. How had this happened?!?! "It's perfectly safe", they'd said. "You'll have so much fun, travelling the worlds," they'd said. "The vibrant cultures, the food, the different magic... worldhopping is the most wonderful experience!" they'd said. Why had she listened to them? She had figured that with her luck, she'd end up in some backwater ash-logged town on Scadrial, but this was just ridiculous. Trembling slightly, she glanced out from behind the rock formation where she'd found some concealment (although even the stones here were blisteringly hot, and she had to be careful not to burn herself on them).Those things were still there, looking for her. I have got to get out of here, she thought. Though, given how things generally went for her, she'd probably end up some place even worse. 

She tensed up as she heard them getting closer. A few more seconds and they'd find her. She shoved her carving tools hurriedly into her bag and counted down in her head. 3... 2... 1. She took off running just as the hideous creature rounded the formation and caught sight of her. 

Hello everyone! I'm here, though I haven't read the rules in a week and didn't really understand them when I read them the first time. I should have time to remedy my cumbersome ignorance this evening, but in the meantime I figured I'd pop on and say I'm here :) 

just popping in to say hello!!! i haven't really read the rules all that much, like croc said. but i will soon!! also need to come up with some sort of cosmetic role. anyone have any cool ideas??

Re: Prudence PMs, I like PMs so I suppose I'll request one-on-one PMs with every player. @Prudence feel free to put me with whoever you want, I just want people to talk to. :P

2 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

just popping in to say hello!!! i haven't really read the rules all that much, like croc said. but i will soon!! also need to come up with some sort of cosmetic role. anyone have any cool ideas??

Re: Prudence PMs, I like PMs so I suppose I'll request one-on-one PMs with every player. @Prudence feel free to put me with whoever you want, I just want people to talk to. :P

I'm scoffing. And now coughing from the fit it gave my lungs. The body just breaks down in old age. Some of you will likely get lucky and die before age takes you.

Penguin, what is your goal here? Have you no thoughts of your own?