RPG Recommendations

BreezeCauthon

Since we are all, of course, fantasy nerds, I figured this might be a good place to ask my question:

So at the height of quarantine, I had an irresistible urge to take up roleplaying. Quite unwisely, I bought King Arthur Pendragon, because it seemed like a really neat game. And it is. But I have zero experience (unless you count the two hours I played Pathfinder with my cousins four years ago), and neither do my younger siblings (one of whom, it must be noted, is 9). So after the actually extremely fun process of creating our characters, and struggling through the introductory scenario, it sorta fizzled out. 

I just got bitten real bad by the RPG bug again, so I'm planning to tinker around with Pendragon a bit more (assuming we still have it- there's a chance I got rid of it), but I don't really foresee it working out unless we mod it heavily.

So: I've started putting out feelers as to possible alternatives. I'm looking for a fantasy RPG, that is not too difficult for newbies, and is fairly easy to mod. Also, I don't want it to be too combat-focused - I mean, combat is fine and necessary, but I don't want dungeon crawl after dungeon crawl. Next to no dungeon crawls, actually. Also if I could work political intrigue in, that would be spectacular. It would also be a positive if it had a fairly but not overly rigorous attribute/trait/other-stuff-that-requires-dice-rolls component. 

I think that's all. Any recommendations? (No need to check every single box, I pretty much just described my dream RPG and I'm sure it doesn't actually exist).

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
3 hours ago, BreezeCauthon said:

Since we are all, of course, fantasy nerds, I figured this might be a good place to ask my question:

So at the height of quarantine, I had an irresistible urge to take up roleplaying. Quite unwisely, I bought King Arthur Pendragon, because it seemed like a really neat game. And it is. But I have zero experience (unless you count the two hours I played Pathfinder with my cousins four years ago), and neither do my younger siblings (one of whom, it must be noted, is 9). So after the actually extremely fun process of creating our characters, and struggling through the introductory scenario, it sorta fizzled out. 

I just got bitten real bad by the RPG bug again, so I'm planning to tinker around with Pendragon a bit more (assuming we still have it- there's a chance I got rid of it), but I don't really foresee it working out unless we mod it heavily.

So: I've started putting out feelers as to possible alternatives. I'm looking for a fantasy RPG, that is not too difficult for newbies, and is fairly easy to mod. Also, I don't want it to be too combat-focused - I mean, combat is fine and necessary, but I don't want dungeon crawl after dungeon crawl. Next to no dungeon crawls, actually. Also if I could work political intrigue in, that would be spectacular. It would also be a positive if it had a fairly but not overly rigorous attribute/trait/other-stuff-that-requires-dice-rolls component. 

I think that's all. Any recommendations? (No need to check every single box, I pretty much just described my dream RPG and I'm sure it doesn't actually exist).

Enter: Cogent Roleplay by youtubers, Shadiversity and Jazza!

Description here, I will edit it one later.

13 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Enter: Cogent Roleplay by youtubers, Shadiversity and Jazza!

Description here, I will edit it one later.

That shows a lot of promise, though I will have to basically create a world to play in... which I guess I don't have anything against, it'll just take a bit of time. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Silverblade5 said:

Exhalted is a good one.

Thanks for the rec!