Catharsis

Kered

I didn't really know where to post this so I'll just shoot my shot here. A whole bunch of cringe emotional stuff a head so turn back now. 

Just wanted to say thank you to you all, specifically the 17th Shard community. For a lot of people this fandom is a just a place to discuss some of your favorite books with others that match or surpass your own passion. To others it's an expansion of the worldbuilding and lore, seeing the theories and in-depth breakdowns on certain concepts. For me it's both. But more importantly, its also been a literal lifesaver. I'm comfortable with posting this because it's a 99.99% chance that I'll never see any of you in real life lol. Never really been the one to unload my emotions on family, friends or significant other. Being in the military compounded that nature for me. So, all the pain, rough times, fear, anxiety usually stays bottled up in probably a not so healthy way. Peeps that depend on ya can't do so if they think that by unloading on you they're just adding to your burden. 

This year, pandemic and political world aside, has been particular rough for me. Few friends passed, break up with a long time girlfriend, and lost a few family members. Few times it got the point where I was just straight up catatonic. But through it all, also playing a part in the turn around, 17th Shard was here. When stuff got kicked up a notch every now and then, I'd be able to hit the forums, discord or coppermind and just immerse myself in a community and fandom I love. Constantly being around peeps that are passionate about the same thing was a pillar in the rust storm. Also met a few peeps on hear that I was just able to vent to, something not really available to me out in the real world. The Shard by simply being itself was able to be a crutch for me when I needed it most. It didn't need to change it's nature, culture, concept for that to be the case. And that's special tbh, by it's very existence the community serves as more than just a fandom. It also serves as a calm eye in the chaos that is most of the world nowadays. And invaluable resource, a resource that is becoming more and more scarce.   

So again, thanks. To the 17th staff as well as the community. For making the burden just a little bit less so.