Shard origins ... in Persia? Also our favorite Elsecaller.

Nitpicking

First time posting here. Hi, everyone.

So I just happened to randomly notice today ...in the Gathas, there are seven Amesha Spenta, that is "emanations" of the creator, Ahura Mazda. Two of them are Vairya and Armaiti--that is, Devotion and Dominion. That same article on Zoroastrianism also mentioned that theYasna is a ceremony to strengthen Creation against the forces working to destroy it.

Coincidence? Well, maybe. I thought it was interesting, though.

On 20/12/2020 at 2:52 AM, Nitpicking said:

So I just happened to randomly notice today ...in the Gathas, there are seven Amesha Spenta, that is "emanations" of the creator, Ahura Mazda. Two of them are Vairya and Armaiti--that is, Devotion and Dominion. That same article on Zoroastrianism also mentioned that theYasna is a ceremony to strengthen Creation against the forces working to destroy it.

Nice catch. There might be sometime to it. @Friendshipspren DM! You know where!!

Edited by Aon Tia

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 4:22 PM, Nitpicking said:

So, you just happened to "randomly" read the Gathas of Zoroaster. Or at least, an article (presumably in Wikipedia) on Zoroastrianism.

...ALL RIGHT! You're my kind of person! Let's do Pub Trivia together sometime! We'll still need someone who can name more than one Kardashian, or songs/music artists from the past ten years, though.

1 hour ago, robardin said:

So, you just happened to "randomly" read the Gathas of Zoroaster. Or at least, an article (presumably in Wikipedia) on Zoroastrianism.

...ALL RIGHT! You're my kind of person! Let's do Pub Trivia together sometime! We'll still need someone who can name more than one Kardashian, or songs/music artists from the past ten years, though.

Kim and Chloe. Also North, though she’s technically a West. Which is weird, because I don’t care about the Kardashians and never watched anything of them.

Songs... I can give you all the Disney ones, lol. And John Williams for the Star Wars soundtracks. All of them, including the recent ones.

For music creator: Lipa Schmeltzer. Gevaldic was released this year. I’d be surprised if you heard of him though.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:22 PM, Nitpicking said:

Brandon has real world inspirations for everything he writes about. Different cultures and beliefs are very heavily used in different types of his world building. This could very possibly be where he got those Shards.