Dienno enne Calah is a Willshaper

ReaderAt2046

Points to consider:

• He's noted to have an obsession with escaping and disappearing, in line with the Willshaper emphasis on freedom and independence.
  • He leads a resistance group against an oppressive and invading government, again in line with Willshaper principles.
  • We several times see him vanish or appear without any sign of him actually arriving/departing, almost as though he's teleporting somehow.
  • While the majority of the Reachers are obviously choosing to back the listeners this time around, we've seen that spren aren't monolithic, so the idea of a rogue Reacher deciding to bond a human is not improbable.

I've always considered our favorite Herdazian General to be a budding Dustbringer instead.  He almost supernaturally slips out of cuffs, rooms, ect. His personality,  forever poking at Dalinar, laughing at chaos, and having moments that show his gooey sentimental center look like both Malata and the Dustbringer entries in the Gem Archive by turns. Lastly he takes responsibility for his country even though it's occupied, and the Dustbringer oaths are themed towards responsibility.  I will say however that Willshaper seems just as valid considering the arguments brought up by OP. All we know now is he doesn't have a spren yet.

13 hours ago, Bigmikey357 said:

I've always considered our favorite Herdazian General to be a budding Dustbringer instead.  He almost supernaturally slips out of cuffs, rooms, ect. His personality,  forever poking at Dalinar, laughing at chaos, and having moments that show his gooey sentimental center look like both Malata and the Dustbringer entries in the Gem Archive by turns. Lastly he takes responsibility for his country even though it's occupied, and the Dustbringer oaths are themed towards responsibility.  I will say however that Willshaper seems just as valid considering the arguments brought up by OP. All we know now is he doesn't have a spren yet.

I've check the short description of each order Brandon released in June and it seems he could become either, it'd probably depend whether he meets a lightspren or an ashspren first, since they've respectively decided to bond with singers and to take revenge angainst the Knight Radiants I'd guess he'll be orderless for a long time.

I don't think he's a Radiant yet, but he would probably make a great Willshaper.

Mostly its just personal preference. I think it's a lot more impressive if he's escaping and disappearing through his own skill, instead of using the same powers that everyone else uses. In this case, ironically, magic makes things less "magical".

• 9 months later...