D&D with Null

Negative_Null

8 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

"Were did you learn to do this?" Lander asks as he begins to relax on his stool. he gently put his dagger back but still keeps an eye on his money.

I groan. I don't like talking about my past, or my circumstances. "I've lived on the streets for years. Each time I change towns I try to get a job, but no one wants to hire a dirty street urchin." I try to keep the bitterness out of my voice, but it still comes through. "I'm getting to an age where people won't give me coins if I beg, so I have three other options. The other two options are much worse, and I don't want to talk about them." I realize that I am getting slightly of topic. "Anyway, I learned to steal on the streets. I've had to learn other things as well, like fighting. If you can't fight on the streets, you are dead." I look away. "I wish I could get a normal job. If I did, I would never have to steal again." 

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

I groan. I don't like talking about my past, or my circumstances. "I've lived on the streets for years. Each time I change towns I try to get a job, but no one wants to hire a dirty street urchin." I try to keep the bitterness out of my voice, but it still comes through. "I'm getting to an age where people won't give me coins if I beg, so I have three other options. The other two options are much worse, and I don't want to talk about them." I realize that I am getting slightly off topic. "Anyway, I learned to steal on the streets. I've had to learn other things as well, like fighting. If you can't fight on the streets, you are dead." I look away. "I wish I could get a normal job. If I did, I would never have to steal again." 

Lander smirks. "I was once like that" Hmmm... This one would do well in my collection. "Could you perhaps give 5 words describing who you are? I may need this if I am to help you get money"

1 hour ago, Chasmgoat said:

Lander smirks. "I was once like that" Hmmm... This one would do well in my collection. "Could you perhaps give 5 words describing who you are? I may need this if I am to help you get money"

"...What?" Well, I sure didn't see THAT coming. "Hmm... loyal, stealthy, stubborn, single-minded, and... Umm... introverted? Umm, is that a word?" Wow, that sounded very awkward. I turn around. "It's rude to eavesdrop. It's a bad habit that will have you end up dying in an alley. Especially when a thief is involved." This day had not gone as I had expected.

Wait. If you are Wax... then does that mean I am Wayne!!!??? :P

44 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Instead of double posting, which is considered bad on the shard, you can edit your previous message to include the new one.

"I don't believe I got your name but that doesn't matter, I might have an idea on how to get your hands on some money." Lander whispers to the girl.
Lander plops down a silver coin for the drink and drinks the ale in a single shot.

Lander raises his voice and turns to the other people in the bar. "Is there a mayor or person of authority I may talk to in this town?"

13 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

"I don't believe I got your name but that doesn't matter, I might have an idea on how to get your hands on some money." Lander whispers to the girl.
Lander plops down a silver coin for the drink and drinks the ale in a single shot.

Lander raises his voice and turns to the other people in the bar. "Is there a mayor or person of authority I may talk to in this town?"

Thanks for letting me know!

I whisper back. "Oh, Right. I'm Nala." The less people who know who I am, the better. 

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Spoiler

I'll assume all the tables are full.

He found none, how disappointing. He went to a close table and tried to conceal his nature.

Stealth role: 18+1=19

Edited by Somebody from Sel

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Spoiler

Ok. 

Furit glances at the man, who wanted a room. A funny fellow, he had seen him walking along the road, too cheerful for these parts. 

When no bartender comes up to him he walks to the bar. "Innkeeper," he says loudly, after the innkeeper walks over he says more quietly, "have you heard of any...dark creatures around these parts?"

Insight to see if he's lying, 6-1=5

15 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

"Anyone in this town show up recently? Or suspicious?" Lander calls to the bartender as if nothing happened between him and the thief.

"A few other adventurers like yourself, sir."

15 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

I walk into the tavern, sparing no glance for my surroundings. I look for unoccupied table.

2-1=1 :(

You're in a tavern, that's about all you care to notice.

2 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

"Aye, the mayor will likely be in town hall." Says a man in the corner.

Anders says "Or maybe our Rangers will be back soon"

25 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Ort walked up to the bartender.

"Excuse me," he asked politely. "I was told you offer a place to stay for the night?"

@Negative_Null

"With this many travelers in town you may have to fight them for a room, but you are the first to ask so far. I'm sure I can find you one. The standard charge is 2 silver a night."

15 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Hide contents

Ok. 

Furit glances at the man, who wanted a room. A funny fellow, he had seen him walking along the road, too cheerful for these parts. 

When no bartender comes up to him he walks to the bar. "Innkeeper," he says loudly, after the innkeeper walks over he says more quietly, "have you heard of any...dark creatures around these parts?"

Insight to see if he's lying, 6-1=5

"You adventurers should talk to each other. I feel I've answered that question plenty today. We get the occasional orc or kobold band around these parts but nothing we can't handle."

You can't tell anything on his honesty

The people in the back can hear the commotion going on

23 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

You're in a tavern, that's about all you care to notice.

"You adventurers should talk to each other. I feel I've answered that question plenty today. We get the occasional orc or kobold band around these parts but nothing we can't handle."

You can't tell anything on his honesty

Spoiler

That's pretty much what I expected.

"Could you point me to them? I care little for Orcs and Kobolds, but I find fighting them tedious," he says, the innkeeper could probably pick out an odd rasp in his voice.

Kodwola drums her fingers on her arm. "Even for one attempting to be subtle, this bartender is taking a remarkably long time. And you can hear a commotion inside, yes? It appears your note has led us astray in our choice of location, Mr. Usavi. Should we both wish to continue our pursuit of gold and information, respectively, perhaps the most productive way to do this would be to reenter the building?"

@AmazingGoob

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

"Not really. At least not seriously." Wait, is he implying what I think he is? 

"It is a great way to get money, and I have an idea of a way to get a quest. If you are ever interested in the next few days, just tell me."

Edited by Chasmgoat

6 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Kodwola drums her fingers on her arm. "Even for one attempting to be subtle, this bartender is taking a remarkably long time. And you can hear a commotion inside, yes? It appears your note has led us astray in our choice of location, Mr. Usavi. Should we both wish to continue our pursuit of gold and information, respectively, perhaps the most productive way to do this would be to reenter the building?"

@AmazingGoob

"Yes. However, may I ask- why do you speak so flowery? I don't disapprove, of course, but... out here, such complicated language will probably alienate yourself from the people."

Edited by AmazingGoob

6 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Yes. However, may I ask- why do you speak so flowery? I don't disapprove, of course, but... out here, such complicated language will probably alienate yourself from the people."

The smile slips from Kodwola's face, but she quickly pastes it back on. "Ah. Right. I have been informed many times that I am excessively loqua- that I talk too much. I shall endeavor to modify this behavior." She walks around the building and pushes open the door. "You are coming as well, yes?"

22 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"With this many travelers in town you may have to fight them for a room, but you are the first to ask so far. I'm sure I can find you one. The standard charge is 2 silver a night."

How do I note that on my sheet?

Ort nodded, removing two silvers from his pouch and offering them to the bartender. "Does that come with meals?"

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

How do I note that on my sheet?

There should be a section on it with boxes marking money, if you're using the standard 5e sheet. Down at the bottom. Just write down your new amount of money in the boxes (ex. 9 gp 8 sp).