D&D with Null

Negative_Null

Ok, let's see here

@Ookla the Uscritic, @Ookla the Reserved, @AmazingGoob

(Anyone else, if you really want to join, you can only join if you send me a fully fleshed out character sheet and will commit to being semi-active on the thread)

The Rules:

Unlike in person D&D, this will be operating more player driven. If you want to do something, you should roll for the skill in the same post so we can go faster, I.E.

I try to jump over the chasm. I'll roll Athletics
13+2 is 15

If I want you to roll something different, or with advantage or disadvantage, I'll tell you. This is just to go faster and not clog up the thread.

Normal RP rules will apply, keep OOC things in quote boxes. If I rule you're taking too long (I'll try to wait at least a day), your character does nothing, as in, you skip your turn in combat, you fail whatever check, or you just stand there looking vacantly into the distance during a conversation.

Ok, let's go.

Your characters have entered the town of Greenhaven, a small frontier village at the edge of the kingdom of Meletis. The townspeople are friendly enough, but any traveler is a curiosity in this town. Most people point you towards the tavern for the best place to find a place to rest. The town also hosts a mill, a town hall, a few small shops, and a number of small farms outside the town proper.

Edited by Negative_Null

I'm assuming that we're doing first-person, present-tense like you'd do for an ordinary game of D&D - correct me if I'm wrong. (Also, is it obnoxious to request that we change the title to D&D rather than DnD? The latter is a bit of a pet peeve of mine... thank you.)

I trudge into the town, looking weary from the long days spent travelling. I'm a relatively young, female dwarf with the stocky build characteristic of my race. My hair is short and black, and currently speckled with bits of overlooked mud. I wear simple dwarven scale mail and travelling clothes, and carry a shield and a mace. On my face is a pair of tinted glasses. I also wear a rucksack, and around my neck is a stylized amulet, such as would be worn by a priest of one of the various gods. However, rather than bear the god's symbol at the center, it has been left blank. 

With the aid of the townsfolk, I make my way to the tavern and sit heavily in a chair, resting as I order a drink.

5 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"How far have you been traveling, then?" asks the bartender as he sets a drink down in front of you. "It's been a long time since we've had any visitors in town, and you're obviously an adventurer."

I look up, taking off my glasses as I do so. "Well, that question is a bit complicated, seeing as how getting lost cost me quite a bit of mileage. I'm from the Hunsthalls, though, so just add a day or two of wandering to however long it usually takes, and you'll have my journey. Are there any adventures to be had around here? I'm currently seeking one." 

Edited by Ookla the Uscritic

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Uscritic said:

I look up, taking of my glasses as I do so. "Well, that question is a bit complicated, seeing as how getting lost cost me quite a bit of mileage. I'm from the Hunsthalls, though, so just add a day or two of wandering to however long it usually takes, and you'll have my journey. Are there any adventures to be had around here? I'm currently seeking one." 

"The Hunsthalls, eh? That's a fair bit away, and the wilds have been getting dangerous lately. You must be hardier than you look."

"As for adventures, I'm sure you could ask our Rangers. We have a pair of them here that helps out on the rare occasion we get an orc raid or some kind of monster. No one's quite sure where they live, but they come through town every week or so. They're a little bit overdue, in fact."

Oh, and we're starting at Level 1, just PM me what you want to do

Edited by 00kla

3 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"The Hunsthalls, eh? That's a fair bit away, and the wilds have been getting dangerous lately. You must be hardier than you look."

"As for adventures, I'm sure you could ask our Rangers. We have a pair of them here that helps out on the rare occasion we get an orc raid or some kind of monster. No one's quite sure where they live, but they come through town every week or so. They're a little bit overdue, in fact."

"With my looks, that's not a high bar. Would you point these mysterious wanderers out to me when they come in? I'd be much obliged."

Thanks.

Ort gazed at the town and marveled. Hands down, this was the best town he'd ever seen in his entire life.

It was also the only town. But that didn't make it any less great!

People turned to look as he walked down the street, curiosity in their eyes. He gave them a friendly wave and a smile.

He stopped at the side of the road to ask for directions to a place of rest. A brief, but enjoyable conversation later, he had directions to the city tavern. He gave the townsperson another cheery wave in goodbye.

I arrive at the tavern of this small, insignificant town. He had come to this town on his travels and asked after the tavern. Looking around, the only person of note he sees is a dwarf with a blank holy system- probably another adventurer like him. Not important, though.
I sling my scabbard and my shield next to me as I sits at the bar- I set a single gold piece on the counter and say in a gruff voice, "I'll have a mug of ale."

Edited by AmazingGoob

55 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

I arrive at the tavern of this small, insignificant town. He had come to this town on his travels and asked after the tavern. Looking around, the only person of note he sees is a dwarf with a blank holy system- probably another adventurer like him. Not important, though.
He slings his scabbard and his shield next to him as he sits at the bar- he sets a single gold piece on the counter and says in a gruff voice, "I'll have a mug of ale."

I don't care whether you use 3rd person or 1st person, but at least pick one :P 

The bartender raises his eyebrows in disbelief. "That's a fair bit more than any mug of ale I've ever seen." He leans over the counter, so no one else can hear. "What else is it you're looking to get?"

1 minute ago, 00kla said:

The bartender raises his eyebrows in disbelief. "That's a fair bit more than any mug of ale I've ever seen." He leans over the counter, so no one else can hear. "What else is it you're looking to get?"

Oops. Fixed.
Also, I literally only have GP, so I just wanted some change. But okay.

I raise my eyebrows right back. "Well, I just didn't have any change, but what do you have to offer?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Uscritic said:

I got a 23 on a perception roll.

Now that I think about it, using italics is a good idea for rolls.

You are able to hear most of what they said, but it doesn't seem to matter all that much. 

The bartender stands back up and laughs, although it sounds slightly forced. "Of course, of course. Adventurers do often only keep valuables." He slides a stack of 9 silver coins and a few copper, under which is a note. Thanks to your attentive glance, Kodwala is able to notice the note.

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Why should I tell you?"

"Because I want to know. And also because we both have weapons. And lest I forget, because I'm a cleric of the Unnamed God. That should be enough reasons, yes?"

Edited by Ookla the Uscritic