Takeaways from the livestream

Mason Wheeler

Regarding Honor not encouraging healthy relationship with the power later in his existence; has this been mentioned in the books?

And yes, there were two explanations given for why Kaladin was conscious during the occupation. 1) Kaladin is extra-aligned to Honor's intent and 2) he was close to swearing the 4th ideal. So basically point 1) confirms that Kaladin has some special sauce, I'm hoping that book 5 gives us a "why" he has special sauce.

Brandon also pretty much confirmed that he's not trying to pull a fast one on us with the whole Thaidakar being the Lord of Scars thing. He mentioned we've seen Thaidakar being very ruthless in pursuit of what he perceives to be right in other books, I believe. This strongly suggests Kelsier, and also suggests that Brandon figures we know who Thaidakar is. That was my big takeaway from the stream

Edited by Evil_Reptile

11 hours ago, Evil_Reptile said:

Brandon also pretty much confirmed that he's not trying to pull a fast one on us with the whole Thaidakar being the Lord of Scars thing. He mentioned we've seen Thaidakar being very ruthless in pursuit of what he perceives to be right in other books, I believe. This strongly suggests Kelsier, and also suggests that Brandon figures we know who Thaidakar is. That was my big takeaway from the stream

He actually admitted this earlier, when he specifically asked that we NOT refer to Thaidakar by his real name, implying that we should know it. And then his team deleted every question asking ‘is Thaidakar Kelsier?’

Edited by Kingsdaughter613