Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kitch

The Nightwatcher as to Cultivation, The Stormfather as to Honor, ??? as to Odium

4 posts in this topic

I get the impression that Mishram became the "great" spren of the third shard.  She was able to function partially in the same way as her "parent" shard, much like how the Nightwatcher and Stormfather do the same to their parents shards.

And since Odium had been on Roshar long enough to become a tone of Roshar, then his representing spren also became a large part of Roshar.  Hence the major damage done by imprisoning her.

This implies a few things

If the Stormfather or Nightwatcher are also "hurt" or incapacitated, we can expect some damage across all of Roshar

The bonding of Mishram in the conventional sense means there could be a 4th bondsmith. Either Radiant version, or Regal version

Odiums connection to Roshar. Rayse had thought he was bound to Roshar because of Honors agreements. But with there now being a tone of Odium, and his own spren, it sounds like he is too invested in Roshar to leave if he wanted to. That's also might imply why he was able to influence Roshar even though he was bound on Braise. The rules of Honor didn't hold since Odium was now heavily invested / connected to Roshar. Which means Odium isn't going anywhere unless Roshar is destroyed, regardless of Honor. Honor can't break the rules of the cosmere.

But now that now that the vessel is also from Roshar, I don't think that's an issue. T is fine being confined to Roshar and is fine being the permanent third shard of Roshar.  This will cause a different conflict...T's method of protecting Roshar vs "Honors"(*cough*Dalinar*cough*) method of protecting Roshar from future assaults to harvesting it's easy to access investiture.  

So, basically Rayse had to die in order to accept Odium being permanently bound to Roshar for the future conflicts

Thanks C

I like this explanation. It fits with the theme of Odium becoming more and more invested in Roshar. Compared to the theories that Mishram used to be an ordinary Bondsmith spren (which I still think are cool), I feel like this makes the most sense.

I keep seeing the BAM is a Bondsmith equivalent, but that ignores the fact that Brandon said that the unmade where missing a Bondsmith variant. And while not one to one he Specifically says Bondsmith.

Other than that I agree but BAM is not a Void Stormfather.