Top 2 RoW quotes

Wyndleblade

What are people's top 2 quotes from RoW? Optional, why?

1.  "He said to tell you that we trust you... And love you. He said I should tell you that you deserve trust and love. And you do" (Wit and Pattern)

2. "Venli, they have come back to us! They've forgiven us."(Leshwi)

These two quotes had a big emotional impact for me because of the forgiveness for wrongs done in each. 

"I am literally unable to do as you ask, not without destroying myself in the process."

-Odium

"I will take this bond to the Stormfather. I will bear it myself. I sense... something odd in you. A Connection to Odium. He sees you as... as the one who will fight against him. This cannot be right. I will take that Connection as well."

-Ishar, rated perfectly sane by 4 / 5 dentists Heralds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only got 1 so far that really stuck with me.

"I've heard what people say about you. Your life isn't the blood in your veins, but the legend you live. Each death kills that legend a little more. Each time I defeat you, it will rip you apart. Until you're no longer known as the Pursuer. You'll be known as the Defeated. The creature who, no matter how hard he tries, can't ever beat ME."

- Kaladin F'in Stormblessed.

1 hour ago, NeonGenesis said:

Only got 1 so far that really stuck with me.

"I've heard what people say about you. Your life isn't the blood in your veins, but the legend you live. Each death kills that legend a little more. Each time I defeat you, it will rip you apart. Until you're no longer known as the Pursuer. You'll be known as the Defeated. The creature who, no matter how hard he tries, can't ever beat ME."

- Kaladin F'in Stormblessed.

That's one of my two.

My other one would probably be Maya

YOU CANNOT HAVE MY SACRIFICE!

"It will," Wit said, "but then it will get better. Then it will get worse again. Then better. This is life, and I will not lie by saying every day will be sunshine. But there will be sunshine again, and that is a very different thing to say. That is truth. I promise you Kaladin: You will be warm again."

"Extinction is the natural escalation of this war...If you forget why you are fighting, then victory itself becomes the goal. The longer we fight, the more detached we become. Both from our own minds, and from our original Passions."

They're a bit longer, but I like the thoughtfulness of both quotes, and these are the ones that stuck with me.

First 

Szeth-son-Honor tried to slouch.

...Dalinar said Szeth prowled when he walked, and was too intense when standing at watch. ...

How did one stop being intense? Szeth tried to understand this as he forced himself to lean against a tree...

....tried to at least appear relaxed. It was difficult, requiring vigilance and dedication, but he did not want to be chastised by Dalinar again. :lol:

Second: The whole of The Dog and the Dragon chapter. That chapter is a perfect combination of darkness, humor, and heartwarming takeaways

The resonating darkness:

Spoiler

“And if all of this is too much for me?” Kaladin asked. “If I can’t keep fighting? If I just … stop? Give up?”

“Are you close to that?”

“Yes,” Kaladin whispered. :(

My laugh-out-loud moment:

“Wit?” Kaladin finally said. “Do you … maybe have a story you could tell me?”

Wit froze, spoon in his mouth. He stared at Kaladin, lowering his hand, leaving the spoon between his lips—before eventually opening his mouth to stare slack-jawed, the spoon falling into his waiting hand.

“What?” Kaladin asked. “Why are you so surprised?”

“Well,” Wit said, recovering. “It’s simply that … I’ve been waiting for someone to actually ask! B)

The heartwarming take away:

A little light, a little warmth, a little fire and he felt ready to walk out into the winds again.:wub:

1.28.2021 EDIT:  I changed my mind. Instead of the whole of The Dog and The Dragon, this is my second favorite quote:

Second: 

"You can kill me, but you can’t have what I have. You can never have it. Because I die knowing I’m loved.”

I chose this one because this quote is so important for the readers to be able to let go of this beloved character. :wub::(

Edited by Sara Stormblessed

• 1 year later...