If you could be twinborn (or compounder) what metals would you choose?

The Titan God

19 minutes ago, Father Tanner said:

I have young kids. If i could get bendalloy cheep, compounding energy would be a wonderful wonderful thing XD

Afaik, F-bendalloy stores food energy. You eat a bunch and store that, and then tapping it gives your body nourishment.

You can also store water so you can STAY HYDRATED. :)

On 12/16/2020 at 6:00 PM, Knight of Iron said:

I don't care about thinking about other cool combinations, I'm an Iron Compounder. I'd store my weight (ridiculously easy due to Compounding) and then draw upon practically infinite weight (well, there is some limit to how much can be stored in a metalmind) whilst Pulling incredibly strongly on anything metal.

The strength of the Pull could be of such great magnitudes, I feel like this could potentially even pull on Shardblades/Shardplate, or rip Hemalurgic spikes from one's body. I'm not an expert on the subject yet though, and I know those would heavily resist the Pulling. But my point is the Pull would be strong.

I could bring down airplanes, even fly (in a strange way).

I'd be... the Knight of Iron.

The name for an Iron-Iron twinborn is (semi) canonically a “deader” because they pull super large and heavy things directly towards themselves and then can’t get out of the way. So have fun with that. :P

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 3:47 PM, Dannex said:

The name for an Iron-Iron twinborn is (semi) canonically a “deader” because they pull super large and heavy things directly towards themselves and then can’t get out of the way. So have fun with that. :P

Well they could switch to storing weight and, as long as they had a decent anchor, pull themselves out of the way.

And @Knight of IronIronIronIronIronIrIrIronIronIronIronIronIrIr (sorry, not sure why my auto-correct is having a seizure) airplanes are made mostly of aluminum. You might be able to find something to pull on, but I wouldn't assume you could actually pull the plane down. More likely your anchor would just rip through the floor and come flying down at you. Hope you have a very thick helmet. Maybe you should make it out of iron and store weight in it.

14 hours ago, Kings_way said:

A-Electrum because it's the best, F-Zinc to help me process the electrum shadows even better. (Although it kind of seems like F-steel gives you some F-zinc affects as well, or else you would always be running into things.)

I see you're a person of culture as well. :P

On 7/3/2021 at 10:25 PM, Kings_way said:

A-Electrum because it's the best, F-Zinc to help me process the electrum shadows even better. (Although it kind of seems like F-steel gives you some F-zinc affects as well, or else you would always be running into things.)

The bullet time effect is what I like most about Feruchemical steel.  I would be such a wasteful Feruchemical steel user.  To be able to just stand there and slow down everything around you as you tap speed and just slowmo look around.  That would be a blast.  Or slowmo walking around.  Matrix dodging stuff for the fun of it.  

8 hours ago, DoctaDajman said:

The bullet time effect is what I like most about Feruchemical steel.  I would be such a wasteful Feruchemical steel user.  To be able to just stand there and slow down everything around you as you tap speed and just slowmo look around.  That would be a blast.  Or slowmo walking around.  Matrix dodging stuff for the fun of it.  

Sounds like someone would enjoy being a steel compounder.

Definitely F-Zinc to compensate for the autism and probably A-Zinc to avoid any Vargo syndrome

On 28/12/2020 at 1:12 AM, The Titan God said:

3. A-brass, F-duralumin

I don't think F-duralumin works the way you think

On 05/03/2021 at 9:56 AM, Waffles said:

F-Duralumin and A-Duralumin then I would compound it and steal invested connections, open perpindicularities, etc.

Yeah, there's no way that works like that

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For combat abilities, double steel is probably the best, as you can generate much greater amounts of force by increasing the speed of your movements than you can by just increasing nebulous “strength.” Double pewter would still be quite powerful, especially if tapping strength increases your body’s toughness as well as your muscle’s ability to do work. Or, if you could store toughness in a separate pewtermind, you could constantly be basically indestructible without the annoying, uncontrollable strength. Double iron could also be incredibly powerful, though probably not as much as double steel. Since you gain the strength and toughness needed to move your body normally while tapping weight, you can generate great amounts of force as force=massXaccelleration. Basically, you could punch someone with a fist that has near infinite weight and moves at the speed of a normal punch. Also you become the ultimate anchor for iron pulls, and you can use weight manipulation to focus and disperse your momentum.

double chromium might be insanely powerful, depending on how spiritual fortune works in the cosmere. Double Tin would be incredibly useful, as would double bendalloy. Obviously double gold is great, if you can get past the cost. Others in this thread have already laid out the benefits of feruchemical tin, though I think they underestimate the usefulness of other combinations, especially some that directly compound. 
personally, I’m unsure as to what combo would be the best. If I could get a steady supply of gold, then double gold or A-pewter, F-gold would be my choice. Depending on the mechanics, double pewter might be the next best option for invulnerability. Double steel would probably be the coolest, with double iron being a close second. Edit: I forgot about double zinc. Holy crap. Double zinc is so good. Not only are you nearly infinitely smart, but you can use your rioting combined with increased mental speed to produce incredible effects.

Edited by Spideyninja20
I forgot someting

Double Pewter.  There are other good ones, obviously. Double Bendalloy and you never need to eat or drink again, but always have the exact right amount of nutruition.  

But Double Pewter...It isn't just the infinite strength.  It's the infinite Beach Bod.   And all the other effects of regular Pewter.  There's just...so much practical use for that.  To always be as strong as you need to be in the moment.  Think of the careers that could be bolstered with that ability.  Or just regular, everyday life.  Life's not all about Combat.  But to always be graceful, strong, and quick?  To have increased endurance and healing ability?  All the time?  The everyday benefits of Allomantic Pewter cannot be underestimated.  The only one that really rivals it, to me, is Allomantic Steel, cause steelpushing is just awesome, but I'd probably pick Pewter over Steel.