If you could be twinborn (or compounder) what metals would you choose?

The Titan God

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Yes. The process would be that you burn, say, atium. While you are burning atium, you store the atium shadows using your tinmind. You can then tap the atiumsense, and even store more, extending the shadows farther than you could with atium.

What I meant is that tapping would do nothing until you are burning the metal no matter how much is stored. I do think tapping would enhance the burning metal though. 

An example of what I mean is this, if you give a blind man an unsealed sight Tinmind it would be useless to him because there isn't anything to enhance. 

I've said before that steel is the best metal to compound. I have to recognize that compounding atium would be just amazing, although godmetals can be difficult to get your hands on. Steel, on the other hand, is so ridiculously easy to come by. You would have no trouble at all finding steel to invest and ingest, either on Earth or Scadrial. That means infinite speed, plus the powers of a coinshot. (Plus the resonance, which we actually don't know what that is yet.)

I do like what @Knight of Iron said about flying. If you're an iron compounder, you can store your weight to almost nothing, and then just pull on an airplane if you want. Free ride! (You'd have to keep yourself warm somehow, though. Other than that, excellent power. Still, being a crasher is probably better in more situations.)

As for non-compounding twinborn, I would go with copper for my feruchemical ability and either brass or zinc for my allomantic. I do hate forgetting things, and a little soothing would help in job interviews. :ph34r:

Either double chromium for infinite luck, double zinc for infinite mental speed or double copper which we haven't seen other than Rashek but it would give INFINITE memory capacity. You'd remember everything which would give you a boost in mental speed just from having to sort through everything all the time. I'm a pretty heavy reader and I constantly forget stuff that's pretty important in day to day life, so having infinite memory would help.

I've thought about this a lot, and I have two separate choices (one for this world and another for if I were to be living in the cosmere)

In my own life on this world, I would choose Allomatic Zinc and Feruchemical Copper. The ability to subtly manipulate the way people feel would be incredibly useful, especially for someone like me who has trouble in normal conversation as far as not being able to figure out how the things I say will make people feel. Being able to supernaturally enhance my ability to emphasize the desired feeling I'm trying to get across when I speak would make my life so much easier. The reason to be an archivist is way simpler: being able to remember anything as clearly as the moment you learned it would be so helpful both as a student and in the type of careers I'm interested in. Side Note: Both of these metals would be super easy for me to get as they're the two primary components of the American Penny, which I have a TON of and are easy to come by

As for me if I were a character in the Cosmere, I would choose something a little more dramatic: Coinshot and Bloodmaker. I love the idea of flying through the air soaring above the ascendant fields or exploring the cities of the Elendel basin with an incredible perspective. The Feruchemical gold is here for many reasons (the Cosmere can be a dangerous place, after all) but the main one is to give me peace of mind as far as making sure my flying via Steelpush would be safe (if I run out of metal anchors to Push off of I can just pull a spoiled tomato and heal myself as I hit the ground)

On 12/23/2020 at 4:45 PM, StanLemon said:

What I meant is that tapping would do nothing until you are burning the metal no matter how much is stored. I do think tapping would enhance the burning metal though. 

An example of what I mean is this, if you give a blind man an unsealed sight Tinmind it would be useless to him because there isn't anything to enhance. 

So it obviously depends on what type of blindness you mean, but I possibly understand you. Now, I don’t exactly agree with that though, but I do understand what you’re saying. 

so if you were to store atiumsight, it is a new sense. Do you only get access to that sense when you are burning atium, or is it more of a percentage bar. You can fully store  your sense of feeling, bringing your sense of touch to 0%. In this case, atiumsense is on default at 0%. Once you tap it, I think you would bring that sense up, without needing to burn atium. 

and if we were to take a different approach, what causes you to be allowed to burn atiumsense? Is it the presence of the atiumsense that allows atiumsense, and burning atium just makes the atiumsense present? Is it something else? 

Edited by Koloss17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With our real world level of technology I'd try to help others and become rich in the process.

So I'd become a gold compounder and donate organs. Both to people in real need and the ones who are willing to pay for them. Even for research purposes. Simmiliar to what is done to Marvels Wolverine or in the anime Ajin. But I would do it voluntarily.

Double Gold has obvious advantages.

But F-zinc would be really tempting. Mental speed would just be so awesome -- even the storing part, during boring meetings etc.

I'm not really all that interested in having physical superspeed/superstrength/etc, and I'd be ethically uncomfortable with emotional Allomancy. So that limits the options a lot, especially since aluminum/duralumin are useless for Twinborn and gold Allomancy not much better except for its Compounding use.

So either double Gold, A-tin/F-zinc (for the real world - super senses+mental speed), or A-nicrosil/F-zinc (in Era 2 Scadrial, with lots of other publicly known Allomancers around.. a-Nicrosil ought to be a great way to build good relationships with lots of Allomancers...)

• 3 weeks later...

1. A-tin and F-copper

2. A-tin and F-bronze

3. A-tin and F-electrum

4. A-tin and F-duralumin

5. A-electrum and F-tin

6. A-electrum and F-copper

I don't want to be a compounder. Not really sure why.

I am, however, very interested in finding out precisely what compounding copper does.

Edited by Qwerty Feuerleben

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2020 at 6:59 AM, StanLemon said:

Gold compounder even when accounting for the cost of gold. Perfect health and recovering from anything. From a more affordable option though, I would likely go A-Pewter and F-Gold

I have long wondered others thoughts of A pewter and F gold.  I know you can't infinitely compound the benefits of gold this way but would storing health become way easier since pewter burning would make up for you feeling like hot garbage?   Would gold tapping work to offset pewter if you became a savant?  Or would you ended hitting savantism and then just be at a complete wash of burning through gold stores at the same rate as pewter gains to offset the side effects of being a savant?   

I also love the idea of A pewter and F tin.  Having moments as daredevil on steroids would be wicked fun.  

But I am a lover not a fighter.  I would take soothing and storing connection in a heartbeat.  

On 5/28/2021 at 4:23 PM, Kaponkie said:

Allomantic Bendalloy and Feruchemical Steel, I am speed.

How does this work exactly.   Wouldn't the bendalloy just be wasted as you are moving?  Is this choice based on the idea that being a bendalloy savant could potentially allow you to travel with the bubble?  Is there a neat option for storing a ton of F steel through using a bubble?   

I like F steel but I almost feel like A pewter just offers so many F metals better gains through minimizing downsides of storage. 

I have young kids. Bronze compounding for wakefulness would be a wonderful wonderful thing XD

If not, i would love to compound zinc. It's pretty easy to get, i would be able to think incredibly quickly (very useful in the world we live in today), and i could help others emotionally. 

Edited by Father Tanner
Incorrect information