If you could be twinborn (or compounder) what metals would you choose?

The Titan God

I don't care about thinking about other cool combinations, I'm an Iron Compounder. I'd store my weight (ridiculously easy due to Compounding) and then draw upon practically infinite weight (well, there is some limit to how much can be stored in a metalmind) whilst Pulling incredibly strongly on anything metal.

The strength of the Pull could be of such great magnitudes, I feel like this could potentially even pull on Shardblades/Shardplate, or rip Hemalurgic spikes from one's body. I'm not an expert on the subject yet though, and I know those would heavily resist the Pulling. But my point is the Pull would be strong.

I could bring down airplanes, even fly (in a strange way).

I'd be... the Knight of Iron.

Edited by Knight of Iron

For the real world, Pewter compounder, because physical labor is something someone will always pay for, especially someone as superhuman as this. I'd just become a construction worker or something along those lines and outperform any normal employee, at least in terms of endurance and hauling heavy materials around in large batches. Efficiency!

On Scadrial I'd probably be a Steel Compounder. I like both powers too much not to.

On 12/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, Quantus said:

Double Tin.  Feruchemical storing mitigates the downsides of A-Tin, and they each have their own distinct uses.  

You. You get it.

A-Steel and F-tin.

F-tin, because...I mean...isn’t it obvious? It’s the most versatile Ferring metal and assists you in pretty much every scenario you could think of.

A-steel because you can reverse compound steelsight for super investiture sense, and you can FLY which is awesome. Plus, murder coins are lit.

3 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:
On 12/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, Quantus said:

Double Tin.  Feruchemical storing mitigates the downsides of A-Tin, and they each have their own distinct uses.  

You. You get it.

A-Steel and F-tin.

F-tin, because...I mean...isn’t it obvious? It’s the most versatile Ferring metal and assists you in pretty much every scenario you could think of.

A-steel because you can reverse compound steelsight for super investiture sense, and you can FLY which is awesome. Plus, murder coins are lit.

I agree. They both are really cool metals on their own, have really cool interactions together, and are both extremely useful in both mundane and extraordinary circumstances. 

I always try to look for the make-yourself-smarter option with things like this. Therefore, even though I'm not precisely sure what "mental speed" means, zinc-zinc sounds really cool.

It also might be really powerful to have extra mental speed together with Rioting. Imagine actually being able to quickly process all the information you see in someone's body language and facial expressions, perfectly understanding all their micro-gestures and tics. You would know exactly what they're feeling. You would be able to subtly push at specific emotions and see precisely how they react, rapidly iterating and perfecting how you Riot them to get some desired reaction.

Just this super-skilled Rioting alone seems like one of the most useful powers you can get, ignoring everything else "near-infinite mental speed" might mean. 

As mentioned by others, chromium-chromium for near-infinite fortune sounds really useful too. 

17 hours ago, Frustration said:

So many options.

Double bronze probably.

Infinite wakefulness alone would be useful enough IRL that I wouldn't even care if there was no allomancy to pick up with the allomantic bronze sense. I could just stay up all the time constantly feeling "well rested" and being productive with that entire 33.3ish% of my life that I'd normally lose to being asleep.

I figure I may as well post my pick, I would choose A-Electrum and F-Tin (based on my idea that you could store your "foresight" inside a tinmind as a sense, allowing you to have much more control over your electrum powers and become some sort of prophet). If that isn't possible, then probably A-Steel and F-Chromium, never miss my target.

10 hours ago, The Titan God said:

I figure I may as well post my pick, I would choose A-Electrum and F-Tin (based on my idea that you could store your "foresight" inside a tinmind as a sense, allowing you to have much more control over your electrum powers and become some sort of prophet). If that isn't possible, then probably A-Steel and F-Chromium, never miss my target.

That is very possible! It’s one of the great things about F-tin! Any sort of shadow counts as a separate sense, since it works independently to your sight.

4 hours ago, The Titan God said:

I feel as if today I have been enlightened by the ways of the tin cult

Oh yeah! You can also store steelsight/ironsight, bronze sight, of course tin, atium, electrum, Malatium, gold, and the sense of balance you get in pewter! That allows you to have a huge boost of that type of allomancy, and even become a feruchemical savant! That means that around half of all F-tin twinborns can reverse compound their metal in some way. F-tin works wonders within scadrial.

here’s the full argument for why F-tin is the best. 

Edited by Koloss17

3 hours ago, StanLemon said:

I'd argue that you would have to be burning those metals to get any benefit while tapping though. It would be like a blind person tapping sight.

Yes. The process would be that you burn, say, atium. While you are burning atium, you store the atium shadows using your tinmind. You can then tap the atiumsense, and even store more, extending the shadows farther than you could with atium.

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Yes. The process would be that you burn, say, atium. While you are burning atium, you store the atium shadows using your tinmind. You can then tap the atiumsense, and even store more, extending the shadows farther than you could with atium.

Which means you might even be able to store up enough to do the thing that Elend did with Duralumin allomancy, but on a regular basis as a Twinborn. XD