What was Vasher Awakened for?

Lura

I think this might be my first post, so yay! Just finished the published books and I have been going through the wikis and the 17th Shard forums.

I'm really curious about Vasher, because it is mentioned that he hasn't done the thing he was Awakened for. So this thread is mostly speculation. But what does everyone think he was Awakened for? I think it might have something to do with the events taking place on Roshar, which is why is currently there, but I'm not sure. Considering everything that he's done (creating Nightblood, starting and ending the Manywar, Worldhopping, etc.) I assume it is something connected to the larger cosmere. Thoughts?

You mean why he Returned? We don't know...

Vetterlinj

Has Vasher accomplished what he Returned to do? If he has not, has he had the opportunity?

Brandon Sanderson

No, + not really.

RoW Release Party (Nov. 17, 2020)

Endowment, the Shard on Nalthis is more interested in her own planet

Questioner

What is Endowment’s long term plan?  Like just even in general, is she just like “Keep Nalthis safe” like Sazed is or is she like, does she have a plan for...

Brandon Sanderson

Nooo, um...

Questioner

You don’t have to tell me but like, does she have a plan that involves the cosmere...

Brandon Sanderson

Not really.

Questioner

...or is it just to stay on...

Brandon Sanderson

She’s more focused on her thing.

Calamity Philadelphia signing (Feb. 20, 2016)