Funny Mistype

Commander Azure

Just now, Chinkoln said:

Tell me. Tell me the circumstances right now.

Well, it was in a thread called Funny Mistype where we were telling people about our mistypes(or at least I was). I mentioned that I often hold the shift key too long or start too late and end up with weird capitalization. That good enough for you?

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Well, it was in a thread called Funny Mistype where we were telling people about our mistypes(or at least I was). I mentioned that I often hold the shift key too long or start too late and end up with weird capitalization. That good enough for you?

I accept the terms of this contract.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

space after mistypes

1 hour ago, Chinkoln said:

My grammar and spelling are terrible. Sadly, some people on the Shard hate this and correct people often.

*cough* @Ookla the Grammatical *cough*

Apologies, be we enjoy people not sounding like cretins out of s sewer at the age of fifty.

Also, I sometimes say Storming instead of fuc$ing randomly when I'm mad but not too mad.

On 12/15/2020 at 7:13 PM, Aspiring Writer said:

I sometimes say Storming

story of my life except the other options are kelek's breath, nale's nuts, rust and ruin, lord ruler, sweet preservation... you get the idea.

Edited by Hoid the Drifter

44 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

story of my life except the other options are kelek's breath, nale's nuts, rust and ruin, lord ruler, sweet preservation... you get the idea.

Rust and Ruin. Storm. Rusts. Shards and Splinters (this one I invented as something a Worldhopper might use; it fits with the Cosmere, I think.) Harmony. Survivor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 0:39 PM, Chinkoln said:

My gramer and spelling are teribble. Sadly, some people on thee Sharde hete this and cerrect peeple often.

*cough* @Ookla the Grammatical *cough*

Correction: My grammar and spelling is terrible. Sadly, some people on the Shard hate this and correct people often.

Obviously this is a joke.

I have been initially surprised and annoyed that certain "obvious" words were not accepted as playable in Words With Friends. Most recently, it was OBLIGATOR (as an extension of my opponent's word, GATOR). "Oh, so a slangy abbreviation of ALLIGATOR is acceptable, but not.. Oh, right, fictional."

On the other hand, I recently won a prize in a competitive word game because I came up with a word within 60 seconds that fit the category of "a gemstone" that was alphabetically closest (in ascending order) to the previous word, GERANIUM.

Literally everybody else in the room (of about 20 well-read and knowledgeable people) came up with JADE. (Well, someone tried "INDIA, STAR OF", which was laughed away.)

I came up with HELIODOR, a term that nobody else even recognized. The dictionary was consulted, and I was validated.

When asked how I knew this word, I just replied that "I'd read it in a book somewhere" and not with, "You know, it's the one you need to Soulcast meat for flangria, and apparently to power a healing fabrial for Regrowth!"

Edited by robardin

30 minutes ago, robardin said:

I have been initially surprised and annoyed that certain "obvious" words were not accepted as playable in Words With Friends. Most recently, it was OBLIGATOR (as an extension of my opponent's word, GATOR). "Oh, so a slangy abbreviation of ALLIGATOR is acceptable, but not.. Oh, right, fictional."

On the other hand, I recently won a prize in a competitive word game because I came up with a word within 60 seconds that fit the category of "a gemstone" that was alphabetically closest (in ascending order) to the previous word, GERANIUM.

Literally everybody else in the room (of about 20 well-read and knowledgeable people) came up with JADE. (Well, someone tried "INDIA, STAR OF", which was laughed away.)

I came up with HELIODOR, a term that nobody else even recognized. The dictionary was consulted, and I was validated.

When asked how I knew this word, I just replied that "I'd read it in a book somewhere" and not with, "You know, it's the one you need to Soulcast meat for flangria, and apparently to power a healing fabrial for Regrowth!"

Lol. This reminds me of the time I won bananagrams with Shakespearean English. Highlights included: Thane, jape, and quim. Hey, when you have qs and js you have to get creative!

Edited by Kingsdaughter613