SALAD I AM HEREBY PUSHING YOUR ANXIETY DOWN A RAINBOW, THAT WAS LOVELY. A story doesn't need to be perfect to be awesome - it's definitely better than what I was writing in 2018 :P

On 12/14/2020 at 11:22 PM, Ookla the Ethereal said:

Elend was carrying a pile of books on politics, though if they were for the bride and groom or for his own enjoyment, Marsh didn't know.

And Kelsier... well, according to Kelsier, "his very presence would be a suitable gift".

I'm cackling.

On 12/14/2020 at 11:22 PM, Ookla the Ethereal said:

Two children stood next to a plant--a rockbud, Marsh had heard it called. They stood still, waiting for its vines to venture out again, and tried to grab them before they retreated back into their shell, laughing as they did so.

That's so absolutely them!

All the characterization and humor was spot-on, and that ending was great. I know you're not going to continue it for a long time, if ever, but if you ever feel the pull to come back to it, I'll be reading it!

49 minutes ago, Ookla the Editor said:

SALAD I AM HEREBY PUSHING YOUR ANXIETY DOWN A RAINBOW, THAT WAS LOVELY. A story doesn't need to be perfect to be awesome - it's definitely better than what I was writing in 2018 :P

I’m sorry I apparently need to make memes to process this :P

Spoiler

4qt6xy.jpg

4qt7xo.jpg

But thank you, I’m really happy you enjoyed it!

49 minutes ago, Ookla the Editor said:

All the characterization and humor was spot-on, and that ending was great. I know you're not going to continue it for a long time, if ever, but if you ever feel the pull to come back to it, I'll be reading it!

Oh wow, that’s really good to hear. I was worried about everyone feeling OOC, especially because I can’t remember much about Era Two at all, so I just had to trust that past me knew what they were doing ^_^

That was fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

And it was awesome how good the characterization was! 

And the era one folks meeting the era two folks was awesome.

Seriously, this was the best.

I usually don't like fan fiction, but crossovers like this have always been awesome. Even if this one couldn't actually happen, it was super fun to read.

And if you do write more, I'll be reading it as well!

Thank you guys! It really means a lot to hear that you liked it :lol:

And it seems my characterisation worries were unfounded. 

8 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

I usually don't like fan fiction, but crossovers like this have always been awesome. Even if this one couldn't actually happen, it was super fun to read.

You like crossovers like this you say?? I definitely don’t have another one planned that is even more ridiculous that will probably never see the light of day

On 12/15/2020 at 1:22 AM, Ookla the Ethereal said:

I was going through some of my old writing and found the beginning of a fanfic I wrote from all the way back in 2018. A few people wanted to read it, and since I don't currently plan on finishing it, I thought I could post what I already have. I made some quick edits, but it's mostly untouched. I'm not completely happy with this, though, especially towards the end. I might to come back to it at some point, but I'm not in the right mindset for it right now, and I have some other projects I'd like to finish first. This is also the first fic I've posted anywhere, and storms, it's nerve-wracking.

It's a crossover fic with various main characters from the cosmere books all attending Shallan and Adolin's wedding, and it's as ridiculous as it sounds. I wrote this purely for fun, with no regard for realism or continuity. I will warn you, this is very unfinished and quite rough, and doesn't feature all of the characters I'd like it to. The scenes end rather abruptly as well, and there's no proper ending. Despite all of this, I hope you enjoy it!

Hide contents

The door finally swung shut, and Shallan slouched on her wedding throne, exhausted from the formalities. It seemed like the entire population of Urithiru--and then some--had decided to give her a gift. Not that she was ungrateful, but the attention was grating on her. She had tried to maintain her formal posture--a straight back, hands in her lap, a smile pasted onto her face--but had caught herself slipping increasingly often. Adolin was no doubt handling it better than her, with his easy smile and charismatic air. She loved that about him--how he could light up a whole room just by being present. Of course, he'd lived his entire life at court, and knew how to keep up a front like that. At least Shallan had Radiant to guide her. 

A knock sounded at the door, and one of her attendants rushed to answer. From her position, Shallan could see a messenger's uniform on the other side. After a brief exchange, the attendant turned to Shallan.

"Brightness," she said. "It seems we have some additional guests. They have arrived below and will be here to present their gift to you shortly." 

There were more? Storms these people, where were they even coming from? She took a deep breath, smoothing her skirts and straightening her back. The messenger said something else, and the attendant's face grew more and more concerned.

Well, whoever these guests were, they couldn't possibly be any worse than the previous ones.

Marsh gazed up at the majestic building in front of him. Urithiru, the tower city, they called it. Outlined in steelsight, he could see the ten stories rise up into the air, impossibly high.

The rest of the group--Kelsier, Vin, Elend and Sazed--were further ahead, advancing towards the tower with gifts in tow. Marsh himself had brought a wooden statue of a pair of skyeels weaving through the air, made by Clubs himself. It was one of the craftsman's finest pieces, which was especially impressive considering the man had never once set foot on Roshar. Vin was gifting them both with a pair of obsidian daggers each, and Elend was carrying a pile of books on politics, though if they were for the bride and groom or for his own enjoyment, Marsh didn't know. Sazed planned on giving them some of his knowledge on religions, though Marsh wasn't sure how much that would help, considering that they weren't on Scadrial anymore. And Kelsier... well, according to Kelsier, "his very presence would be a suitable gift".

Sazed looked back and noticed Marsh hanging behind. He waited while Marsh caught up before speaking.

"Master Marsh, are you feeling apprehensive?"

Marsh sighed. "I'm just worried about the reactions I'll get. It's not every day you see a man walking around with spikes rammed into his eyes."

"You won't be the strangest thing they see today, I think. People from all over the cosmere are attending this wedding. Even this planet has its wonders." To their right, a few of those strange spren danced passed the pair, blue ribbons of light swirling in the wind.

A short distance away, Marsh spotted another group of people, including a man with silvery skin, a tall blonde woman, and a man in bright red armour. Two children stood next to a plant--a rockbud, Marsh had heard it called. They stood still, waiting for its vines to venture out again, and tried to grab them before they retreated back into their shell, laughing as they did so.

"Kaise! Daorn!" A scratchy voice called. "Lukel, go get your siblings." 

Marsh and Sazed continued walking, and soon caught up to the rest of the group. Together, they entered Urithiru.

Marasi gasped and pointed. "Look! It's Ironeyes!"

Wayne popped a piece of gum and followed Marasi's finger. That was a rusting good costume. Those eye spikes seemed so realistic--how did the fellow see with them covering his eyes? And standing with him... was that the Survivor, the Ascendant Warrior and the Last Emperor? Wayne made a note to ask them later how they made their disguises. Those mistcloaks looked just like the ones in the paintings Wax had in his mansion.

"Marasi, is that really him?" Wax asked. "Ironeyes?"

"That's exactly what he looked like last time," she replied.

"And over there's the Survivor and Ascendant Warrior," MeLaan added. "TenSoon loves talking about them."

"What do we do?" Marasi asked, struggling to contain her excitement.

"What do you mean?" Steris frowned and closed her notebook.

"They're people straight from history and legend. We have to talk to them!"

"Mate," Wayne began. "They're just wearing costumes. Why would the Survivor himself show up to a wedding like this?"

Marasi shook her head. "I'm sure it's actually them. I saw Ironeyes before, and that's exactly what he looked like."

Wayne continued chewing on his gum. "Well, if you say so."

Marasi approached Ironeyes, who was standing at the back of the group, Waxillium following behind her. What would she say to him? The first time they spoke, he had been using regular language, but with if the others demanded something for formal? Her grasp of High Imperial wasn't very good, but she could at least make an effort. She strode up to Ironeyes.

"Um, ising the having of... meeting?"

The entire group turned around, fixing their gazes on Marasi. Rust, maybe this had been a bad idea. Had she said something offensive?

"Marsh, do you know this person?" A man wearing a robe and numerous earrings asked. Beside her, Waxillium had stopped short, and gaped at the man.

"Oh Harmony," he whispered.

The rest of the group had caught up, and were watching him.

"Mate, you all right?" Wayne had stopped chewing his gum.

"That voice," Waxillium said. "It's Harmony's voice."

Marasi blinked, trying to process this information. From the back of the group, MeLaan burst into laughter.

It's so hard to press the submit button...

*crawls into a corner and hides*

Tagging the people who replied to the status update 

This is hysterical. And Kell's ‘gift’ is even funnier now... Lol! I wish you would have continued this!

On 12/18/2020 at 4:00 AM, The Awakened Salad said:

I definitely don’t have another one planned that is even more ridiculous that will probably never see the light of day

I'm late but *sets hands under chin* I am listening :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Aon-CHRISTMAS-Ene said:

I'm late but *sets hands under chin* I am listening :ph34r:

*hands you an envelope under the table*

Spoiler

Friend,

Your curiosity is noted. As thanks for the favour from last week, the answers you seek will be revealed to you shortly. Please keep an eye on your PM inbox/AMA thread. Information will be forthcoming.

Edited by The Awakened Salad

44 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

*hands you an envelope under the table*

Reveal hidden contents

Friend,

Your curiosity is noted. As thanks for the favour from last week, the answers you seek will be revealed to you shortly. Please keep an eye on your PM inbox/AMA thread. Information will be forthcoming.

I am listening too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...