The Rythme of Venli

Blackwarder

So, did anyone else noticed that Navani and Raboniel weren’t the only ones who discovered a new Rythme?

It’s interesting that we don’t have a name for it, I’m not sure she knows what she has done.

“The tone snapped into her mind, Cultivation and Odium mixing into a harmony, and it thrummed through Venli.”

Excerpt From
Rhythm of War ch.83
Brandon Sanderson
https://books.apple.com/us/book/rhythm-of-war/id1489970175
This material may be protected by copyright.

Edited by Blackwarder

I think people noticed it, it just doesn't give us much new info. We could assume this was possible just from the Navani-Raboniel experiments, and we don't really see this like. Interacting with other light or anything like that. We don't even get a name. It is nice that we know for sure it's possible though

Hearing the tones helps or enables Venli with stoneshaping, so I think that If Odium + Honour = War (being passionate with honour? or rather all the bad vibes plus fervour and honour mixed), Odium + Cultivation is probably something like Civilization. It'll be something that can mean cultivating something with drive/fervour/passion, or mixing all (negative, unyielding) passion with the desire to grow something.

Maybe "War" is what both Navani and Raboniel call the H+O rythm, but it actually means conquest. That, to me, is the closest neutral concept that could be tied to odium + honour mixing in people.

Edited by Wind_Breaker

The mix of honor and Odium creates war, which is malice, like Odium, but bounded by terms and rules. A mix of Cultivation and Odium would either be growth with an odius direction, or odium (The emotions not the shard) that enables growth. 

I would consider the first Anarchy, and the latter Rebellion.

Rebellion is the rhythm I think Venli finds there, as she is watching the rebellion of her people, driven to grow beyond by the hatred of their gods.

46 minutes ago, signspace13 said:

The mix of honor and Odium creates war, which is malice, like Odium, but bounded by terms and rules. A mix of Cultivation and Odium would either be growth with an odius direction, or odium (The emotions not the shard) that enables growth. 

I would consider the first Anarchy, and the latter Rebellion.

Rebellion is the rhythm I think Venli finds there, as she is watching the rebellion of her people, driven to grow beyond by the hatred of their gods.

So... Rebellionlight?

Maybe not exactly. After all, Towerlight isn't named after the dishardic Intent that would produce it. 

Well, it seems all the other Lights are named after what produces them. Highstorm, the void, life(?), The Tower, War (I mean, the war did cause Warlight to be produced for the first time), so what created the first "Rebellionlight"?

I don't think Venli actually made the stuff, since she didn't have any Lifelight with her, so we don't have a true "light source" to name this mixture after just yet... But going with the next best thing, I'll stick with... Freelight, for the time being. Venli's wish for the Listeners to be free, summed up by their rebellion against their masters, to govern themselves, in their own society.

3 hours ago, Wind_Breaker said:

Odium + Cultivation is probably something like Civilization

i heard it might be revenge, because odium is primarily hatred, and cultivation is growth; when hatred is allowed to grow, it oftentimes leads to revenge.

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, Honorless said:

I would interpret it as the Rhythm of rebellion too. Hatred promoting growth. Growth promoting hatred would be Competition, I guess? I like "Freelight" a lot. 

I agree, both of these concepts could imply a type of freedom and it works nicely with how Venli discovered the "Rhythm of Freedom"

It's also interesting to note that Honor might be the shard that allows for the least "freedom" of the three shards, being about bonds and laws, etc. So the absence of honors influence in this context is appropriate in an interesting way.