The depressed people club (Aka, everyone living in 2020)

18 minutes ago, Condensation said:

That's a shame, I've heard it sucks.

It does. It's a part of the year where things become difficult and I have to actively make sure not to do anything stressful for the risk of panic attacks, and I tend to find motivation for anything in life difficult, and a lot of cynical thoughts about why humans haven't gotten extinct yet. Once it passes, though, things get better and I get back into shape, and the fact my SAD coincides with the months that have the most days off gives me some much-needed respite.

20 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I have PMDD. So I’m depressed one week out of every four.

Feel free to talk about your experiences or come here to have a nice place to talk to people who have some understanding of what you may be feeling.

Yup, I think I belong in this group. Depression and anxiety are long time friends of mine, haha. 

Can I just say I love how The Stormight Archive expresses emotions?! I can relate to Shallan and Kalidan so much, and I love reading about their struggles! I don't know if anyone else is like that, but it's kind of refreshing to read about someone else who thinks kind of like me. Like when Kalidan is standing on the edge of the honor chasm always gives me chills. And when Kalidan and Shallan are in the chasms together and realize they're both broken, agh it gets me every time.

14 minutes ago, lightshaper123 said:

Yup, I think I belong in this group. Depression and anxiety are long time friends of mine, haha. 

Can I just say I love how The Stormight Archive expresses emotions?! I can relate to Shallan and Kalidan so much, and I love reading about their struggles! I don't know if anyone else is like that, but it's kind of refreshing to read about someone else who thinks kind of like me. Like when Kalidan is standing on the edge of the honor chasm always gives me chills. And when Kalidan and Shallan are in the chasms together and realize they're both broken, agh it gets me every time.

Yep. I've come to relate to those feelings very well.

7 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Amen, brother

I personally had one of the darkest spirals of my life yesterday

slow oppressive apathy in the back of your head, the preassure slowly building as you feel you shoulders begin to buckle beneath the weight, yes, I feel you.

Can't wait for spring

• 2 years later...

Wow! I so belong here. I have social anxiety, depression, am in therapy, but not on meds *yet* Life kinda sucks right now...

anyways, I have friends but they don't quite understand on the level i sometimes wish they did... My depression definitely manifests like... emptiness? idk, I just can't get up or do things and end up staring at my wall for hours on end. I'm trying to work through it but it's definitely hard. I tend to have trouble remembering things and have weird dreams of finding my family members one by one and they are all dead. no wonder I have trouble sleeping... maybe if I can ever solve these then I will come back and maybe my experience will hep some one else.

16 hours ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Wow! I so belong here. I have social anxiety, depression, am in therapy, but not on meds *yet* Life kinda sucks right now...

anyways, I have friends but they don't quite understand on the level i sometimes wish they did... My depression definitely manifests like... emptiness? idk, I just can't get up or do things and end up staring at my wall for hours on end. I'm trying to work through it but it's definitely hard. I tend to have trouble remembering things and have weird dreams of finding my family members one by one and they are all dead. no wonder I have trouble sleeping... maybe if I can ever solve these then I will come back and maybe my experience will hep some one else.

Just so you know, posting in a thread that has been inactive for a year or more is called necroing, and is generally frowned upon. You are new, so it's understandable that you were not aware.

Oh give bestie a break, they were venting XDDD

it might be frowned upon, but do we want to display the 17th shard as just rules? We are so much more. We are chaotic, kind, loving, and welcoming.

though rules should be followed… we need to remember what we are posting on before we just slam rules

Edited by SmilingPanda19

On 11/3/2023 at 3:19 PM, The cheeseman said:

Just so you know, posting in a thread that has been inactive for a year or more is called necroing, and is generally frowned upon. You are new, so it's understandable that you were not aware.

me very being wants to laugh at this. I won't because see above.