Edgil's Endgame

Silverblade5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 4:58 PM, i’m in the details said:

Not likely. The Dawnshards were created by Adonalsium, I doubt a single shard could make more. That said she may have patterned her magic system to be used in tandem with a Dawnshard. Or maybe just to resemble “gods divine commands”

Though that does raise a question of how much influence she has over the magic - did she choose to make the magic command based, or is that how it manifested because, as the concept of Endowment, her magic would match the endowed dawnshards?

5 hours ago, Ixthos said:

that does raise a question of how much influence she has over the magic - did she choose to make the magic command based, or is that how it manifested because, as the concept of Endowment, her magic would match the endowed dawnshards?

Very true. I forget that shards don’t always control the magic systems that their power manifests. I think it’s likely spiritual mumbo jumbo and that most magic systems can be broken down into a “command intent” structure if we looked hard enough at them. 

8 hours ago, i’m in the details said:

Very true. I forget that shards don’t always control the magic systems that their power manifests. I think it’s likely spiritual mumbo jumbo and that most magic systems can be broken down into a “command intent” structure if we looked hard enough at them. 

Good point - its already confirmed that Aons and metals function in a similar way in that the atomic shape of the metals is supposed to be like an Aon channelling the Dor, so it probably does tie to a core set of rules with BioChroma just resembling the Dawnshards because of similar mechanics that the others also posses, but a layer or two away.

On 12/30/2020 at 6:49 PM, StanLemon said:

Perhaps there is a Dawnshard on Nalthis (looking at you Cognitive Anomaly) and maybe it influenced the form that BioChroma took

I don't really agree with this, I think Command in general is just an important part of cosmere magic systems. I just see Command as just a stronger form of Intent.