Yeshevishman has arrived.

yeshevishman

Welcome to the Shard Yeshevishman (*checks spelling very carefully* :P)! Glad you decided to make the decision to join up, there is never a better time than the present. Awesome to have you!

A long-time Cosmere fan makes you perfect for us here :D How did you first get into the Cosmere? Look forward to seeing you around!

Edited by Scout_Fox

16 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

Have you arrived? Are you actually here? Philosophical thoughts here on whether you are here or not.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the Shard!

What's your favorite Sanderson book?

Thanks! I think that in the cognitive sense, we are all "here". (Or maybe spiritual. I'm not actually sure... XD)

As for favorite Sanderson book, it's extremely hard to choose. However, I'm rereading Bands of Mourning rn and have been finding that it has some of my favorite character interactions, but idk if I could say it's my favorite.  I will say that I've never found anything he's written that ISN'T in my "favorite things to read" list. 

15 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Welcome to the Shard! If you could kill one character who would it be?after RoW, Moash for what he did to my girl, Lift! Lol

1 minute ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard Yeshevishman (*checks spelling very carefully* :P)! Glad you decided to make the decision to join up, there is never a better time than the present. Awesome to have you!

A long-time Cosmere fan makes you perfect for us here :D How did you first get into the Cosmere? Look forward to seeing you around!

Ah! You are a fellow cultured English speaker, I see. lol

My Sanderson Journey started when a friend in college was raving about some series called the Wheel of Time and forced me to read it because "his favorite author ever finished it." He also loaned me the first Alcatraz and Reckoners books. I came home from college ranting about this "new author" I was into, only to discover my whole family was reading Mistborn. XD  

2 minutes ago, yeshevishman said:

Ah! You are a fellow cultured English speaker, I see. lol

My Sanderson Journey started when a friend in college was raving about some series called the Wheel of Time and forced me to read it because "his favorite author ever finished it." He also loaned me the first Alcatraz and Reckoners books. I came home from college ranting about this "new author" I was into, only to discover my whole family was reading Mistborn. XD  

Yes that one definitely took a tad longer to spell out than normal :D An awesome sounding name though I must say! Dang that is a great friend right there, were there any like award ceremonies or million dollar deposits for getting you onto Sanderson?  And man, Alcatraz is quite the spot to start as well that is awesome!

I always love those books just because of how uniquely hilarious they are. The tone of them and how they are so self aware is just super unique and engaging! That must have been quite the experience to come home to as well lol you all found it just in different ways. Idk they might get demerits here for not getting you onto him sooner...

Oh and one last tiddly biddly squadily rodily detail here because corrections make you feel so welcomed :P Lols no biggie but mods prefer if you don't double post. You can tap the plus icon next to Quote on multiple peoples posts to quote them all at once in one mega post!

6 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

Yes that one definitely took a tad longer to spell out than normal :D An awesome sounding name though I must say! Dang that is a great friend right there, were there any like award ceremonies or million dollar deposits for getting you onto Sanderson?  And man, Alcatraz is quite the spot to start as well that is awesome!

I always love those books just because of how uniquely hilarious they are. The tone of them and how they are so self aware is just super unique and engaging! That must have been quite the experience to come home to as well lol you all found it just in different ways. Idk they might get demerits here for not getting you onto him sooner...

Oh and one last tiddly biddly squadily rodily detail here because corrections make you feel so welcomed :P Lols no biggie but mods prefer if you don't double post. You can tap the plus icon next to Quote on multiple peoples posts to quote them all at once in one mega post!

Lol. You posted a second before I pressed send on the first message. So I didn't realize it went through as a double post. Sorry about that.

Just now, Nathrangking said:

חנוכה שמח!! There are a few of us around and it is always good to see another jewish sanderfan. Welcome to the shard.

חנוכה שמח to you as well! Thank you, and great to find other News here. (Besides probably my little sister who's on here somewhere... Lol)

2 minutes ago, yeshevishman said:

I'm Jewish, so having an interesting Hanukah while socially distanced. Lol. Actually in the middle of watching a zoom concert my synagogue has put together right now. Lol

חנוכה שמח! ^_^ (Yay! My assumption upon seeing the word 'yeshevish' proved correct!)

It certainly has been an interesting year for chagim, but *shrugs* 'tis just another hurdle to climb over. We shall (hopefully) prevail. 

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Observer said:

חנוכה שמח! ^_^ (Yay! My assumption upon seeing the word 'yeshevish' proved correct!)

It certainly has been an interesting year for chagim, but *shrugs* 'tis just another hurdle to climb over. We shall (hopefully) prevail. 

How many Jews do we have here? Why, whenever I try to get my friends into the fandom, don't they join? I think I have the wrong friends. Lol.

This intro is going in a wonderful direction so I'm just going to pop onto these quickly :P

2 hours ago, yeshevishman said:

Lol. You posted a second before I pressed send on the first message. So I didn't realize it went through as a double post. Sorry about that.

2 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

Double-post-on-your-own-intro-thread buddies!

Totally not a problem! It happens quite often on intros cuz posting in multiple like a text makes sense so you don't really think about until someone let's you know. If you get Ninja'd by someone you can also always go back and press Edit on your last post (although when quoting you have to copy it in ^_^)

No biggie at all and that is exactly one of the things we are here for! :D

2 hours ago, yeshevishman said:

How many Jews do we have here? Why, whenever I try to get my friends into the fandom, don't they join? I think I have the wrong friends. Lol.

I know a couple Ooklah the observer being one. To be fair two are not active though I am friends with them IRL.