Thaidakar disappointment

14 minutes ago, GroundPetrel said:

Gavinor is absolutely Molly O'Brien!  Have you seen how indescribably cute she is???  :D

Jake would be...hmm.  Wayne, maybe?  PTSD and a degree of pacifism?  

Kira and Sisko, together?  Never officially, and rarely if ever in fandom.  Odo loves Kira desperately for several seasons then she finds out and falls for him, then end the series by going long-distance.  (They reunite in various non-canon material like the novelverse and the Star Trek MMO, though)  That's why I'm saying Elend could be Odo, too, as Odo's a kindhearted defector from his totalitarian jerk species who seeks to further justice.  

The early seasons seemed to be trying to shove them together. Or maybe I’m confusing characters. It’s been awhile since I watched DS9.

Yes, but I think we should keep Odo a shapeshifter.

If Kira is Vin then Kell will be really nice to DS9...

Could Jake be Elend? Or Tien, maybe?

Maybe we should make this it’s own thread...

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

26 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The early seasons seemed to be trying to shove them together. Or maybe I’m confusing characters. It’s been awhile since I watched DS9.

Yes, but I think we should keep Odo a shapeshifter.

If Kira is Vin then Kell will be really nice to DS9...

Could Jake be Elend? Or Tien, maybe?

Maybe we should make this it’s own thread...

Good idea, this should be its own thread at this point lol.  

There is some brief Bashir hitting on Dax early on, probably because the studio execs wanted to reassure the Moral Guardians (TM) of Bashir's sexuality after the writers and actors had Bashir and Garak be the gayest gays this side of your local Pride parade, but I don't really recall anything romantic between Sisko and Kira.  They develop a platonic rapport and become close friends but that's about it.  

45 minutes ago, GroundPetrel said:

Good idea, this should be its own thread at this point lol.  

There is some brief Bashir hitting on Dax early on, probably because the studio execs wanted to reassure the Moral Guardians (TM) of Bashir's sexuality after the writers and actors had Bashir and Garak be the gayest gays this side of your local Pride parade, but I don't really recall anything romantic between Sisko and Kira.  They develop a platonic rapport and become close friends but that's about it.  

Like I said, it was years ago. I don’t remember very well. I’m honestly surprised I remember NG as well as I do.

Do you want to start the Star Treck Cosmere thread, or should I?

6 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Like I said, it was years ago. I don’t remember very well. I’m honestly surprised I remember NG as well as I do.

Do you want to start the Star Treck Cosmere thread, or should I?

All the old Treks (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and the Show That Shall Not Be Named) are on Netflix now actually.  I rewatched all of DS9 while waiting for ROW to be released lol. 

Go ahead!  :)

To everybody else on this thread: I am very sorry for the lengthy derail!  

5 hours ago, Ookla The Frustrated said:

Questioner (paraphrased)

Ambition wasn't Splintered in the contest with Odium. Is there a reason why he hasn't chosen another Avatar [Vessel] yet?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes.

Stuttgart signing (May 17, 2019)

The Threnodite system is a site warped by an ancient conflict. Long ago, soon after the Shattering, Odium clashed with (and mortally wounded) the Shard Ambition here. Ambition would later be Splintered, though that final act took place in a different location.