Just now, Ookla the Reserved said:

The phantom sound of a keyboard clacking can be heard as "Cyrus" cleverly bypasses the security system of QuestAdventure.org.

A man appears by Cyrus.

"Listen, buddy, I don't get paid enough for this job. We don't mind a little hacking here and there, but this is the tutorial level. Once you start getting into the big boy Quests, then you can feel free to hack all you want! Until then... well, it would kind of suck if you conditioned yourself to rely on hacks, and then found yourself completely helpless as soon as we upgrade our firewall."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

A man appears by Cyrus.

"Listen, buddy, I don't get paid enough for this job. We don't mind a little hacking here and there, but this is the tutorial level. Once you start getting into the big boy Quests, then you can feel free to hack all you want! Until then... well, it would kind of suck if you conditioned yourself to rely on hacks, and then found yourself completely helpless as soon as we upgrade our firewall."

Cyrus paused. Now, this was interesting. He'd never seen a security system like this before...

Obligingly, he handed over the weapon. Why not see where this went?

2 hours ago, 00kla said:

My character/I/whatever considers for a moment, and then searches for the usernames he can see within the Shard. He can only find @AmazingGoob, @Vapor, and @Knight of Iron, since their usernames within Questadventure.org match their Shard names. He opens a PM with them.

"Did you get the pop-up from the QuestAdventure site? What do you think this is about?"

It takes about an hour for the reply to get back. "Not sure. It's probably some average RPG- maybe like, one with custom player-made levels? I was going to start the tutorial."
The green field appeared- easy enough. First person, WASD movement, average stuff. Already a hacker it seemed though- like, come on dude. Just play the game.

A bunch of words appear in the air!

Welcome to the Tutorial! Here, you're going to learn everything you need to know to become a true Adventurer!

There are two kinds of adventures you can take:

• Adventure: A short, one-shot journey.
  • Quest: A longer journey made up of several Adventures.

This tutorial level is an Adventure. A lot of Adventures you take will be a part of a larger Quest, though some of them won't.

On your Adventures, you'll encounter puzzles, monsters, and--our personal favorite--TREASURE. Most treasure appears in chests. Chests like these!

As soon as you read that, a chest appears for you. There's one chest for everyone.

2 minutes ago, 00kla said:

Wait are we teleported, or are we playing a game on our computers?

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

It takes about an hour for the reply to get back. "Not sure. It's probably some average RPG- maybe like, one with custom player-made levels? I was going to start the tutorial."
The green field appeared- easy enough. First person, WASD movement, average stuff. Already a hacker it seemed though- like, come on dude. Just play the game.

Uhh... kinda unclear. Sort of... both? Like, you're half in the world and half on your computer.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

A bunch of words appear in the air!

Welcome to the Tutorial! Here, you're going to learn everything you need to know to become a true Adventurer!

There are two kinds of adventures you can take:

• Adventure: A short, one-shot journey.
  • Quest: A longer journey made up of several Adventures.

This tutorial level is an Adventure. A lot of Adventures you take will be a part of a larger Quest, though some of them won't.

On your Adventures, you'll encounter puzzles, monsters, and--our personal favorite--TREASURE. Most treasure appears in chests. Chests like these!

As soon as you read that, a chest appears for you. There's one chest for everyone.

2 minutes ago, 00kla said:

"Well, I'll take this treasure I guess. Wait, does this have a chat function?"

"Hmm, I think the quest and adventure's names should be reversed, but okay." He says through the voice chat as he walks over to the first chest and opens it.

In each of the chests is a single wooden sword.

Wooden Sword: (Lv 0)

• XP: 0
  • Class Affinity: None
  • Damage: 1
  • Durability: 25
  • Symbol: :lol: (Removes Class Requirement)

The words start doing their thing again:

This is a Wooden Sword! There are several things to note about it:

• Level: An item's level is a largely arbitrary number, but it's a quick and easy way of gauging how valuable that item is.
  • XP: Once you've fulfilled an Adventure or Quest, you can take a certain number of items with you. The items you choose grant you a number of XP shown in their description.
  • Class Affinity: You can choose a Class to hone your skills in certain areas. Some items are better with some classes than with others.
  • Damage: When it comes to monsters or other players, dealing damage is key. This sword only deals 1 damage, his is about as low as it gets.
  • Durability: This number is how many times you can use an item before it breaks or become unusable.
  • Symbol: Some items will have magical symbols that grant them special abilities. This item has a :lol:, which removes the class affinity from this item.

:Spectate:

Joining current adventure...

A large pair of invisible eyes now hover over the adventurers. They eyes open up the chat function and begin to type.

"Hello. I am god. I am here to watch how your experience is in this game, and if you enjoy it. Please act as if I'm not here,"

So, I'm a bit too late to create a character to join this adventure, but I'm going to watch how it goes. Or something. I don't know what my character is. You guys want to help me figure out how someone already knows some of the more obscure commands? I don't know. I have no idea what I'm doing, but then again, it seems like everyone else is like that, so it'll be fun.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

In each of the chests is a single wooden sword.

Wooden Sword: (Lv 0)

• XP: 0
  • Class Affinity: None
  • Damage: 1
  • Durability: 25
  • Symbol: :lol: (Removes Class Requirement)

The words start doing their thing again:

This is a Wooden Sword! There are several things to note about it:

• Level: An item's level is a largely arbitrary number, but it's a quick and easy way of gauging how valuable that item is.
  • XP: Once you've fulfilled an Adventure or Quest, you can take a certain number of items with you. The items you choose grant you a number of XP shown in their description.
  • Class Affinity: You can choose a Class to hone your skills in certain areas. Some items are better with some classes than with others.
  • Damage: When it comes to monsters or other players, dealing damage is key. This sword only deals 1 damage, his is about as low as it gets.
  • Durability: This number is how many times you can use an item before it breaks or become unusable.
  • Symbol: Some items will have magical symbols that grant them special abilities. This item has a :lol:, which removes the class affinity from this item.

I wonder what the setting is like? I think.

He picks up the sword and gives it a few good swings at the air.

Aight, so... here's the problem.

I do not want to go through and DM this entire RP. I feel like that'll go downhill REAL fast. However, leaving everything up for the players to decide is also a little wonky.

So here's my proposition:

I'll probably DM you guys through a few Adventures just to get you guys in the right mindset. From there, we'll let it go after the direction of a normal RP, using all these stats and things as flavor rather than fact. Do you guys think that'd work?

G30RG3 appears eighty feet in the air after clicking the tutorial and falls to his death.

--GAME OVER--

Sorry. I have a lot of other RPs (for me) and I'm kinda busy irl, so... have fun!

Edited by Ookla's Dice