[Dawnshard] Questions for Brandon

NameIess

Got any Stormlight questions for Brandon? well, in this video, https://youtu.be/vdf5qvA7AWk, Brandon informed us that he will be having a full-Stormlight spoilers livestream on the 17th of December. This thread is for discussing possible questions to ask Brandon, making sure that they haven't been asked before, and getting hyped!

Can a spren get a night watcher boon/curse?

why did only one of lift’s surges under the fabrial? (This one will definitely get rafoed)

Has wit tried burning any raysium? Or will he soon now that the humans know about it and may be able to get their hands on it?

(I’ll be adding more on here)

OOH edit: At one point in the writing process (if ever, I suppose) did you realize how romance-coded the relationship between Raboniel and Navani was? I was astonished by just how gay these two mad-scientist moms were together, and I support them

Edited by Stormtide_Leviathan

Does raysium still exist now that Rayse is dead?  Or do we just change the name to vargonium now?  Or is vargonium a new metal with different properties?

It's so interesting to me that the godmetals are all named after the vessel, not the shard.  I just wonder if that is meaningful.

Is Hoid aware that you can combine investiture? Has he done it before? (probably RAFO)

Could a Spren pulled into the physical by Ishar have a Nahel bond with another Spren?

Are the Herald killing daggers using Feruchemy?

Is the Microkinesis he mentions in the Ars Arcanum the atom splitting version he originally wrote into Dragonsteel, or is it a weaker version of that?

6 hours ago, Kinolee said:

Does raysium still exist now that Rayse is dead?  Or do we just change the name to vargonium now?  Or is vargonium a new metal with different properties?

It's so interesting to me that the godmetals are all named after the vessel, not the shard.  I just wonder if that is meaningful.

This question has kind of already been answered from the Mistborn saga

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

If Kelsier created a metal while holding Preservation, it would have acted the same as lerasium, though over time the properties of it might shift.

Footnote: Unspecified question by Ted Herman
Arcanum Unbounded Hoboken signing (Dec. 3, 2016)

• Is the plague which Reboniel once unleased in Desolation derived from Ashyn? 
  • Does Splintering of a Shard means permanent death of its Essence?
  • Under Jasnah's new inheritance laws, does the lady also becomes head of house militant? Or will a Highprincess lead the princedom armies provided she eldest in line?
  • Can you tell us about Barrier Storm which blocks Braize? 
  • Would it be feasible to make hybrid of hybrid lights i.e Warlight X Towerlight? 
  • What did Kaladin do with Windspren to block highstorms in Oathbringer and RoW?
  • So...did Shallan re-swore her First Ideal? When was it if she did. 
  • Why was it difficult for Lift to heal Kaladin than Yanagawn who was almost dead back then?
  • Will aluminum still be able work as Anti-Investiture sink? 
  • Did someone else Ascend or came extremely close to Ascending apart from Taravangian in RoW?
  • What does being 'closer to a Shard' exactly means? 
  • (Probably get RAFOed) Will we find out why Stormfather calls specifically Kaladin Child/Son of Tanavast? 
  • Was scouring of Aimia due to an Unmade? 
  • (Rafoed most probably) So...In RoW Ch 66, when Dalinar and Taravangian converse, Taravangian regards Dalinar as 'Spoken like a true son of Tanavast'   and 'son' is written is small caps. Am I reading too much into it or is he referring that Tanavast had many children? 
  • Are Iriali aware of Dawnshards? 
  • Were there always only three Bondsmiths during past Desolations? 
  • Is Odium lying about his Intent? 
  • So...if every Shard has a tone and their Investiture can be captured in gemstones and, then if we use their different rhythms together...will we be able to combine and form Rhythm of Adonalsium'...its Investiture? 
  • Are there different types of 'Avatars'? 
Edited by Ramona Tehradin

At what point in the writing process did Thaidakar definitively become Kelsier? Who was he originally? What was the plan if Alloy had not become its own Era?

Were the Ghostbloods always intended to be Kelsier’s new crew? If yes, when/why did you decide to use them here?

Just to note: Thaidakar was not Kelsier yet in WoK (as Kelsier couldn’t be used until his survival was revealed in Mistborn). But I think the GBs may have been the new crew all along, which makes me wonder what the original plan was.

Since the God metals are just condensed forms of a Shards Investiture and Shards have complete control of their Investiture, could they create God metals that do different things? The Honor blades are all condensed Tanavastium but all of them give the user different Surges. Could Odium create a God metal on Roshar that would allow someone to become an Allomancer of insistence?

Are there Rhythms of Preservation and Ruin, and can the 'mists' of these shards be drawn into gems via similar mechanisms as Stormlight, Lifelight, and Voidlight? And if so can the light/mist of any different shard be held in a gem, harmonised, or negated with the correct formula as seen in Rhythm of War?

Mraize is trying to find a way to take investiture and cognitive beings off of their world of origin. We already have seen a seon, now in Shallan's company, that has evidently left their world of origin. Why are seons different from spren on this question?

Does the inability of investiture to currently leave a system mean a Parshendi would have to revert to slaveform to worldhop beyond the Rosharan system?

Are the Sia Aimians indigenous to Roshar's physical realm?

Are the Nightwatcher, Sibling, Stormfather, and Ishar's swords the only things a being can bond with to create Bondsmiths?

If a Kandra were to integrate a gemheart into their bodies, then would they be capable of using 'forms' or the abilities of fabrials?

Edited by Proletariat

Rithmatist and Dark One were originally meant to take place on Cosmere worlds. Were any of the newly revealed Shards in consideration to be on these worlds, and if yes, which ones for which story?

---

12 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

How do we ask questions?

Normally, there will be posts on his social media sites that you can reply to and Adam picks some of the questions. You can also write in the YouTube livestream chat while he is streaming, but as far as I know the questions are less likely to be picked then.

16 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Just to note: Thaidakar was not Kelsier yet in WoK (as Kelsier couldn’t be used until his survival was revealed in Mistborn). But I think the GBs may have been the new crew all along, which makes me wonder what the original plan was.

I don't know ... Brandon always knew that he would survive (he planted a lot of seeds for that in Hero of Ages and later said so in the Secret History postscript), so it's possible that he had always planned it this way. Maybe he just wasn't sure when to reveal it. But I'd also like to know!

6 minutes ago, Elegy said:

Rithmatist and Dark One were originally meant to take place on Cosmere worlds. Were any of the newly revealed Shards in consideration to be on these worlds, and if yes, which ones for which story?

---

Normally, there will be posts on his social media sites that you can reply to and Adam picks some of the questions. You can also write in the YouTube livestream chat while he is streaming, but as far as I know the questions are less likely to be picked then.

I don't know ... Brandon always knew that he would survive (he planted a lot of seeds for that in Hero of Ages and later said so in the Secret History postscript), so it's possible that he had always planned it this way. Maybe he just wasn't sure when to reveal it. But I'd also like to know!

I think he wanted Thaidakar to be Kelsier, and he definitely left himself the room to do it. It was more that Thaidakar couldn’t be until Brandon knew he was going to be able to reveal Kell’s existence in MB prior to the SA reveal. Kelsier is a Mistborn character first, after all.

Where can I find these sites?

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

16 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I think he wanted Thaidakar to be Kelsier, and he definitely left himself the room to do it. It was more that Thaidakar couldn’t be until Brandon knew he was going to be able to reveal Kell’s existence in MB prior to the SA reveal. Kelsier is a Mistborn character first, after all.

Yeah, I imagine he could have waited a few more books with the reveal if he had to and just felt this was the right time for it. It's not really crucial to the story to know who he is (at least yet).

18 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Where can I find these sites?

He definitely makes those posts on his Facebook page ... Not sure about Twitter etc. I think I've seen them on his YouTube channel as well. In case you don't have an account on any of those and don't want to make one, maybe someone could ask the question for you, it's an interesting one.

19 minutes ago, Elegy said:

Yeah, I imagine he could have waited a few more books with the reveal if he had to and just felt this was the right time for it. It's not really crucial to the story to know who he is (at least yet).

He definitely makes those posts on his Facebook page ... Not sure about Twitter etc. I think I've seen them on his YouTube channel as well. In case you don't have an account on any of those and don't want to make one, maybe someone could ask the question for you, it's an interesting one.

I’ll try his Facebook page. Do you know where I can find the link to it?

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Just now, Elegy said:

https://www.facebook.com/BrandSanderson

Adam should post something on there on the day of the livestream (Thursday) or the day before. At least that's how it went the last few times!

Great! Thanks so much for explaining it to me! I’ve never tried to ask a question for the live-streams before as I’ve never had a question I was curious enough about before. So thank you so much for being patient and helping me figure it out.

Would Dalinar have stayed awake during the suppression if he had been in the tower? 

Does Figgldygrak mean anything? 

Was the shard that Hoid was offered Whimsy? Was it any of the Shards that we know?

Can Rysn eat meat or harm people now that she is a Dawnshard? Or was that only a thing for the Dawnshard Hoid formerly had? (A question this specific might get RAFOd, so you could be sneaky and phrase it simply as “Can Rysn eat meat?”)

(Earlier book question)
If we had seen Syl in the cognitive realm during the period of time where Kal had broken his oaths, would she have been a deadeyes?

Edited by Ookla the Disproportionate

2 hours ago, Ookla the Disproportionate said:

Would Dalinar have stayed awake during the suppression if he had been in the tower? 

Does Figgldygrak mean anything? 

Was the shard that Hoid was offered Whimsy? Was it any of the Shards that we know?

(Earlier book question)
If we had seen Syl in the cognitive realm during the period of time where Kal had broken his oaths, would she have been a deadeyes?

Whimsy was not the Shard Hoid wanted.

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

It was a recent reddit statement I think. Brandon said Hoid is not actually suited to Whimsy.

Oh yeah I remember that. 
However, Hoid was offered a Shard. Maybe that’s why he refused it, Whimsy didn’t suit him. It wasn’t the one he wanted, if he wanted one at all. Nothing there says that the other 16 people present couldn’t have offered him Whimsy.