Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GameOfGroans

Who is the general touched by Cultivation?

7 posts in this topic

Just a little detail, but got stuck in my mind. When Sja-anat visits Taravangian in prison, they chat about Cultivation, and Sja-anat says, quoting from memory, "She touched three people - a child, a general, and you." So the child is obviously Lift, but who is the general? Dalinar is the only general I can think of, but while he is obviously touched by both Odium and Honor, I don't remember any references of him being touched by Cultivation too. Somebody else? Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, GameOfGroans said:

Just a little detail, but got stuck in my mind. When Sja-anat visits Taravangian in prison, they chat about Cultivation, and Sja-anat says, quoting from memory, "She touched three people - a child, a general, and you." So the child is obviously Lift, but who is the general? Dalinar is the only general I can think of, but while he is obviously touched by both Odium and Honor, I don't remember any references of him being touched by Cultivation too. Somebody else? Any ideas?

She is referring to Dalinar here. Dalinar visited the Nightwatcher to ask for a Boon after killing Evi, Cultivation came and gave him his Boon, we see this in the Oathbringer flashbacks.

32 minutes ago, Honorless said:

She is referring to Dalinar here. Dalinar visited the Nightwatcher to ask for a Boon after killing Evi, Cultivation came and gave him his Boon, we see this in the Oathbringer flashbacks.

So that would mean that Nightwatcher is an aspect of Cultivation?

1 minute ago, GameOfGroans said:

So that would mean that Nightwatcher is an aspect of Cultivation?

Yup, Brandon had already confirmed that. The Nightwatcher was actually created by Cultivation herself (see Lift's interlude for more on that).

Keep in mind that the three people Sja-Anat mentioned and moreover, why she is mentioning them is because they did not get their Boon/Bane from the Nightwatcher but Cultivation herself.

21 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Yup, Brandon had already confirmed that. The Nightwatcher was actually created by Cultivation herself (see Lift's interlude for more on that).

Keep in mind that the three people Sja-Anat mentioned and moreover, why she is mentioning them is because they did not get their Boon/Bane from the Nightwatcher but Cultivation herself.

I see, thanks. So there are 3 gods bickering over Dalinar, not just 2. Poor guy.

4 hours ago, GameOfGroans said:

I don't remember any references of him being touched by Cultivation too.

Dalinar makes his initial request to the Nightwatcher. Cultivation interferes once the Nightwatchers fails to do what Dalinar wishes for.

Gaz of course. Where do you think that new eye came from?