Hmm, my answers seem to be similar to Doomslug's.

15 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

1. Do you comment more on one section of the Shard?

Yes, I do.

2. If so, What section of the Shard you find you comment on most: 17th Shard, Brandon Sanderson, the Cosmere, Non-cosmere Works, Related Works or (here!) Community?

Community, specifically Forum Games and Random Stuff.

3. In addition, do you find yourself interacting with a relatively small group of people, with limited variation, or with a varying group? 

A varying group. I talk to a lot of people. If you mean on a regular basis, the people with whom I interact with the most are the ones who often play forum games.

4. In case you comment on multiple sections: are there people you know who comment a lot in one section but not on any other that you think have a lot to contribute to another section?

Nobody in particular.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2020 at 1:21 PM, Trutharchivist said:

All right. That's how it works: I ask, you answer. It'll take me a while to start, but after that I think I''ll be able to roll forward. I may or may not open an ask me anything thread, but even if I will, it won't be until I get some answers. So (pulls out a notebook and a pen from my backpack):

1. How do you chose your shardbuddies?

2. What sort of posts do you usually upvote, and why?

3. What are your standard reasons for following someone?

1. Not really sure who shardbuddies are.

2. Those I read through and like, or ones I think are good but I don't have anything constructive to respond with(essentially a thumbs-up emoji)

3. I follow threads so far, not people

On 12/10/2020 at 2:15 PM, Trutharchivist said:

Does where you interact with them matters?

If a post is very long, do you just upvote it, or read it, or don't red it because it's too long?

You must have a reason. Is it shardbuddies? Or people you upvote a lot? Or "oh, I just saw this person, let's follow him"?

You could easily get, by asking the right people. Why do you have non? Is it about the awkwardness in asking, so you wait or someone to ask you? Or is it the fact you're not sure about what having a shardbuddy means?

Do you think there is a reason to correlate following and shardbuddies? actually, let's make this a general question:

4. Do you think that there should be a correlation between upvotes, shardbuddies and people you follow? If so, how? If not, why?

4. I think that any correlation would be somewhat coincidental, as you are more likely to read and enjoy the posts of those you follow/friend.

On 12/16/2020 at 2:11 PM, Trutharchivist said:

I understand what your saying, but "in Rome, act like a Roman", as they say, so I have no problem using the term shardbuddy. So, for you, following and friendship have a direct correlation. I'd hazard a guess that you don't chose friends based on agreement or appreciation, since you said nothing about whether upvotes enter said correlation. Am I right?

So for you, "shardbuddy" is merely a term, as used in: "Do you want to be my shardbuddy?", and so it's not connected to upvotes and the people you follow. Following and upvotes have the same root, enjoyment (and appreciation?), and so are related. So, another general question:

5. What are the implications of someone being your shardbuddy?

5. No clue.

On 1/3/2021 at 2:46 PM, Trutharchivist said:

I'll trust a friendly advice and will, warily, double post. I am well aware of what I am doing, I just wanted to make sure my next questions won't be left unanswered.

I actually thought of those question following the return of DramaQueen, which I won't tag here because while I am interested in her opinion, I don't summon people to answer my questions.

So... we are still on the shard-socializing topic, and those questions, I believe, are connected to this topic:

6. Assuming you had to leave the shard forever do you think you will have many memories of it in future years? If so, what memories?

7. Following the first question, assuming you've left abruptly, do you think you will be missed?

If those questions seem too personal to you, please say so.

6. Yes, primarily of fun discussions and Roleplay

7. Probably not, I'm primarily unknown

On 1/7/2021 at 2:10 PM, Trutharchivist said:

You know, I actually don't know what CBTST is. The rest I know. If you are playing RPs, I think your absence will be noticed, especially if you are active. Actually, on an afterthought, I realized my first question is at least related, if not one and the same, to Experience's Millionth Post Celebration questions. Oh, well. Anyway, it's interesting you're so sure you'll remember the shard, yet you think no one will miss you. My theory was that connection and memories are related, and if I'm right i means you view you connection with people on the shard as stronger from your side.

Now that someone had answered, I'll add the next question (please answer all three last questions, if possible):

8. Do you think that the answer other people gave for the 7th question is correct or not? If not, I'd like you to give an example, though again, you don't have to if it's too personal.

I do hope more than one person will answer this time. Especially since the one person that answered all my questions so far can't answer this one.

8. I trust other people's judgments.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:17 PM, Trutharchivist said:

Topic: socialization on the Shard.

Sub-topic: different forum sections.

To clarify: the thread has been inactive, and the questions seemed to lead nowhere, so I'm going to try a different take.

1. Do you comment more on one section of the Shard?

2. If so, What section of the Shard you find you comment on most: 17th Shard, Brandon Sanderson, the Cosmere, Non-cosmere Works, Related Works or (here!) Community?

3. In addition, do you find yourself interacting with a relatively small group of people, with limited variation, or with a varying group? 

4. In case you comment on multiple sections: are there people you know who comment a lot in one section but not on any other that you think have a lot to contribute to another section?

1. Yes

2. The Cosmere

3. No, I interact with anyone who responds, really

4. Not sure.