• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/24/2020 at 0:54 AM, Dannex said:

My next actual RP post is coming tomorrow

Haha...ha. Yeaaahh...

Better late than never, right?

On 12/16/2020 at 2:12 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Sevyr sighed softly with pleasure, humming her harmony once more. Ah, wonderful.

Tualak’s eyes widened in surprise as the harmony resumed. Was he hearing things? He stopped playing with a start and quickly excused himself from the common room. He headed upstairs to his room, and resumed playing. He played quietly, straining to see if he could hear anything. Surely he was imagining the sound, music can’t just come from nowhere, right? 
He played, quietly plucking out a simple tune, and heard...nothing. He began to relax, certain that he had been imagining things. He was about to stop playing when he heard a haunting harmony drifting through the air, perfectly matching what he was playing. He dropped his lyre in shock. “W-what are you?” He whispered, fear stretched out across his face. 

I’m changing my mind that Tualak would know what Sevyr is, I want him to be my ignorant, superstitious character, while Gaboranth will actually know about magic. Tualak would be just as frightened as any other person at the sight of Magic. He is a rather arrogant person, he assumes he knows everything, he loves being in control. I want to throw him into a world of magic that he doesn’t understand at all. Its kinda a basic character arc, but it’ll be a fun one I hope. 

Also, apologies for kinda godmodding Sevyr a bit, I just had her follow Tualak to his room, figured that she would, given what’s happened so far. 

On 12/28/2020 at 1:14 AM, Dannex said:

Tualak’s eyes widened in surprise as the harmony resumed. Was he hearing things? He stopped playing with a start and quickly excused himself from the common room. He headed upstairs to his room, and resumed playing. He played quietly, straining to see if he could hear anything. Surely he was imagining the sound, music can’t just come from nowhere, right? 
He played, quietly plucking out a simple tune, and heard...nothing. He began to relax, certain that he had been imagining things. He was about to stop playing when he heard a haunting harmony drifting through the air, perfectly matching what he was playing. He dropped his lyre in shock. “W-what are you?” He whispered, fear stretched out across his face. 

Okay. I'm thinking of changing it so that Whispers don't make physical sound, so not everyone can hear them. Unless you can think of reason otherwise why nobody would have commented on her by now...

Sevyr paused. Were the words... to her? A question of herself? How strange- how exciting!

She hummed the Song of Greeting, an upbeat melody with a welcoming feeling.

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Okay. I'm thinking of changing it so that Whispers don't make physical sound, so not everyone can hear them. Unless you can think of reason otherwise why nobody would have commented on her by now...

She could just be rather quiet, and Tualak only noticed because he was the one playing the music. If anyone else noticed they might’ve just assumed that it was part of Tualak’s playing. 
Or you could take the Spren route, say that only people she chooses can hear her, and she was only even here because of Tualak, so it makes sense that he would be able too. 

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Sevyr paused. Were the words... to her? A question of herself? How strange- how exciting!

She hummed the Song of Greeting, an upbeat melody with a welcoming feeling.

Tualak gasped as the music resumed, but different this time. It was a song that he had never heard before, which was a notable fact in and of itself, but even more interesting is that he somehow knew what the song was about. The song had no lyrics, and yet it told an entire story. No... Many stories, all put together. The story of two people meeting as strangers but leaving as friends. The story of a brother returning home after many years abroad. The story of a king welcoming travelers into his court. The song sang hundreds of these stories every instant, and at the same time it sang none of them. 

Despite his fear, Tualak found himself drawn to play this unique song. He picked up his fallen instrument and plucked out the melody, echoing the mysterious voice. 

On 12/31/2020 at 1:41 PM, Dannex said:

She could just be rather quiet, and Tualak only noticed because he was the one playing the music. If anyone else noticed they might’ve just assumed that it was part of Tualak’s playing. 
Or you could take the Spren route, say that only people she chooses can hear her, and she was only even here because of Tualak, so it makes sense that he would be able too. 

I think I'll leave it vague for the time being. :P

On 12/31/2020 at 1:41 PM, Dannex said:

Tualak gasped as the music resumed, but different this time. It was a song that he had never heard before, which was a notable fact in and of itself, but even more interesting is that he somehow knew what the song was about. The song had no lyrics, and yet it told an entire story. No... Many stories, all put together. The story of two people meeting as strangers but leaving as friends. The story of a brother returning home after many years abroad. The story of a king welcoming travelers into his court. The song sang hundreds of these stories every instant, and at the same time it sang none of them. 

Despite his fear, Tualak found himself drawn to play this unique song. He picked up his fallen instrument and plucked out the melody, echoing the mysterious voice. 

Sevyr hummed in harmony, drawing from the Song of Solitude.

On 1/1/2021 at 0:39 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Sevyr hummed in harmony, drawing from the Song of Solitude.

What conclusion should Tualak draw from the song of solitude? Is Sevyr trying to tell him something with that song? I assume so, because I don’t see how Solitude fits with Greetings thematically. 

5 minutes ago, AonDii said:

Bassically I'm impressed by your comprehensive knowledge of real world science and I feel bad for pulling the magic card on you.

So I tried to give you some help(Don't know if you needed it) about how to argue against it, being the chemical differences between them.

1 hour ago, AonDii said:

"I am not a chemist, there may be an explanation for that, and there may not be. I told you all I could using my limited knowledge of chemistry and without a proper lab, though my guess is that that is an amalgam."

"And an Amalgam is?" 

7 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"And an Amalgam is?" 

"It was a recent discovery, mercury combines with other materials to form an alloy that can have vastly different properties than either of the original materials. That is all I know of them though, I know more about dragon anatomy."

mercury amalgams are only metals, but this is fantasy, there could be a sulfur-mercury amalgam with similar properties to tin

Edited by AonDii

13 minutes ago, AonDii said:

"It was a recent discovery, mercury combines with other materials to form an alloy that can have vastly different properties than either of the original materials. That is all I know of them though, I know more about dragon anatomy."

I'm aware of amalgams, but Xanth wouldn't know the scientific term.

"Oh, fusions, no, it is not one of them. 

• 2 weeks later...