Is Skathan native?

Oltux72

It's entirely possible that some method of immortality exists via Darkside magic which we just don't know about yet. The prose version has some possible hints that didn't make it into the graphic novel but it's vague. My guess is that if it's not an unknown application of Darkside Investiture he's probably getting his agelessness straight from Autonomy (as an avatar of hers or something else) rather than making use of outside methods.

But it seems nobody has asked Brandon about this and it would probably get a RAFO anyways because he has plans for sequel stories and they'd almost certainly cover the topic.

Edited by Ookla the Crimson King

Brandon doesn't seem to plan a specific magic for darkside Taldain:

Rah179

How significant will the White Sand be to the cosmere? Any hints on the Shard that resides there?

Brandon Sanderson

Moderately. (Its magic has some cool ramifications for off world use, and several characters factor prominently into the Cosmere.)

Phantine

Is there more than one magic system in white sand?

Brandon Sanderson

Only one in the current outline.

WeiryWriter

Does the one magic have more than one variation? Because I got the impression that there was something going on on the Darkside? Though I guess the Sky Colors (I think that's what they're called, I read the draft you send out early 2014 so my recollection is a little fuzzy) don't have to be related to magic. Or you could have written them out if they were...

Brandon Sanderson

In intended the colors on Darkside to be more a matter of the ecology than the magic--though, on that planet, magic and ecology are very closely tied together. (Well, I guess most of the magics are.)

/r/books AMA 2015 (July 29, 2015)

Maybe he's immortal as a result of a specific interaction with the ecology though. But I find it very plausible for him to be an avatar of Autonomy. After all, his politics are strictly isolationist (which fits what Autonomy seems to be doing with Taldain as a planet as well).