I don't like this bond

Frustration

14 minutes ago, Knight Oblivion said:

I think both of you are stuck on what the Sibling tells us instead of what we're shown literally a scene later when Navani proves her worth. There's no coercion, there's no change in the overarching situation. The Sibling was clearly willing to not bond Navani to save themself. Then the Sibling changes their mind after Navani proves she is worthy. There's no coercion.

and I think you are reading too much into that.

Who's right?

Edited by Ookla The Frustrated

19 minutes ago, Ookla The Frustrated said:

and I think you are reading too much into that.

Who's right?

I mean, me. I've described how it's shown and implied that Navani is worthy. The fact the Sibling accepts her despite a lack of change in the overall situation helps support my position, not yours.

Seems pretty clear.

3 minutes ago, Knight Oblivion said:

I mean, me. I've described how it's shown and implied that Navani is worthy. The fact the Sibling accepts her despite a lack of change in the overall situation helps support my position, not yours.

Seems pretty clear.

To you, ultimatly this is a matter of opinions, no one is right, I don't see that interpretation, I see Brandon trying(and failing) to use the Sibling as a shiny award for character "development" without seeming to force the Sibling. Maybe next time I read it I'll agree but as of now it makes me feel uneasy.

I got my quotes all ready to go and then......I caught up.

So at this stage I do not think it would be productive to post them. People are getting heated, and it is clear people are locked in their views. Rather then perpetuate it, I will just leave it be and say I wish everyone luck with their theories, and I guess we will just have to Read and Find Out to see if Navani either kills the Sibling, or the Sibling breaks its bond with her. 

15 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

So at this stage I do not think it would be productive to post them. People are getting heated, and it is clear people are locked in their views. Rather then perpetuate it, I will just leave it be and say I wish everyone luck with their theories, and I guess we will just have to Read and Find Out to see if Navani either kills the Sibling, or the Sibling breaks its bond with her. 

I think we can all agree that Navani wouldn’t KILL the Sibling, but I want her to break the bond. She definitely wouldn’t kill them.

29 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I think we can all agree that Navani wouldn’t KILL the Sibling, but I want her to break the bond. She definitely wouldn’t kill them.

At least one individual in this thread thinks Navani will either kill the Sibling, or the Sibling breaks the bond (or thinks that should happen)(I checked, but will not name names). Personally I disagree, but I don't think it is productive to continue. So I wish everyone luck and RAFO!

Edited by Pathfinder

2 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Oh that's the worst feeling

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

Personally I disagree, but I don't think it is productive to continue. So I wish everyone luck and RAFO!

Probably a smart idea